Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lins524;3480014;
    I can tell you for a fact that there has been steroid use in the past. I dont know if he is still on them or how long hes been off. But he has been on steroids before. I dont know him well, but I know a friend who works under him and he tells me stuff.

I live about a half hour from his hometown and I am embarassed/ashamed to say that.

He certainly does exhibit many of the signs of 'roid rage.

Though he doesn't have the body to bear that out. Not that I've seen anyway.

I know a lot of lifters (I am one) and builders--and I can usually spot a builder quickly.

So--not the body of a 'roid user but the temper (and temperament) of one.

Makes him even more dangerous since they are usually very unpredictable--and often physically violent.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3480772;
    Anders , to add to your pause. I read an article from the ABC alert , that said "in the end, Harris remained optimistic about her expierence as the bachelorette , no matter the outcome. and then she goes on to say: ""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. So if I never find love this time, then I'm back at the same place that I was before, and that was an incredible place." IMO this particular interview dosen't sound like someone who is crazy in love or found the love of her life. I haven't read or heard any interviews to date , that say she is so happy and in love. (If anyone knows of any, please post them.)
    I personally don't think she picks anyone, and if she did I doubt their engaged. Maybe just going to date in the real world. (which I totally agree should be the case). I hope I'm wrong , because I would love to see another Trista /Ryan. But I don't see a Ryan or Jeremy type (sincere) in any of these guys that are left. JMHO
    This was from interview around the time of the first show and I remember that she was speaking generally about life experience, not her particular experience or the outcome of the show.

It may speak, however, to the return of Ed if that is what happens. And she has said when asked about the outcome that is is very happy and glows when she says it. I think she chose a final guy, but in what capacity..."We'll just have to wait and see."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3480770;
    I noticed that a lot last night as well.

I wondered if that was a natural tic of his--or if it is a symptom of an impending physical problem?

I haven't ever heard of it as a sign of intoxication--it's not a physical sign that cops use--but I'd be interested in hearing any info on this.

thanks!
    I don't think cops use it as a "sign" either. The eye thing, along with his outbursts and affection for taking shots, just tells me he had one too many drinks. Also, did you see him stumble after Jillian gave him a rose? He kind of tilted to the side for a split second. I guess one could say he's just off balance or that he has a medical problem with his eye. If that's the case, then I'll leave it alone, but I think he just likes to drink...a tad too much.

ok this may have been answered, i haven't had time to look thru all these pages, but i have seen various reid and jillian kiss pics that were at the wrap party...right? but we didn't see it right???
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;3480847;
    ok this may have been answered, i haven't had time to look thru all these pages, but i have seen various reid and jillian kiss pics that were at the wrap party...right? but we didn't see it right???
    Corret. The show edited it out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3480751;
    The only thing that makes me doubt that Reid is F1 is that he does not get a 1 on 1 early on. Almost all the time the F1 get one of the early dates. Has it ever taken 6 episodes for the F1 to get a date? Deanna DOESN'T count. She got rejected at the end. Can someone enlighten me on this?
    Yes, there have been 5 or 6 F1s who didn't get a 1-1 until the last date before HTs, BUT they were under the old editors ( the last one was Jen in P-Lo's season), and all of them had some kind of an established connection made at a 1-1 time during the Meet and Greet or during the exit from the limo. All of them were also included in the group dates as well.

If Reid is F1, we did not see him exit the limo, we did not see any kind of a 1-1 interaction during the Meet and Greet ( although there is a SC showing the two together), and we didn't even get to see him in a group date during the 2nd episode.

None of the previous F1s who had such a late 1-1 were anywhere near this hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by 80'sdiva;3480847;
    wrap party... as in after the FRC picture?? I've been away from the board too much this season.... where do I find those pics? I havent' come across them yet, or at least didn't realize that's what I was looking at.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3480864;
    wrap party... as in after the FRC picture?? I've been away from the board too much this season.... where do I find those pics? I havent' come across them yet, or at least didn't realize that's what I was looking at.
    You can find them in the Reid thread or on many people's avatars.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3480864;
    no no no no lol the wrap party after the john wayne filming group date

Quote Originally Posted by counthestarsxo;3480866;
    no no no no lol the wrap party after the john wayne filming group date
    whew... had me scared for a minute LOL I thought you guys were talking about a leaked photo, or one like the one released of Jilly and Ed in Hawaii.

I'm just not feeling Reid at this point. I can see her and Kiptyn and maybe her and Ed though.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club