Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I'm thinking if it gets down to Ed & Reid, and Ed actually does leave for a while without good reason, when Jill's parents find out, they will for sure be rooting for Reid. With what her parents went through and her father sticking through it and staying with her mom, they're going to want the same for Jill - not someone who quits easily or isn't there for her.

I'm really anxious to see how this Ed stuff unfolds - again don't get how she'd be making out with him right away if he does quit & return. Maybe he tells her he's decided to break up with his girlfriend for her, so she tries to see if they can make it work, but in the end still goes with Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3480732;
    I'm thinking if it gets down to Ed & Reid, and Ed actually does leave for a while without good reason, when Jill's parents find out, they will for sure be rooting for Reid. With what her parents went through and her father sticking through it and staying with her mom, they're going to want the same for Jill - not someone who quits easily or isn't there for her.

I'm really anxious to see how this Ed stuff unfolds - again don't get how she'd be making out with him right away if he does quit & return. Maybe he tells her he's decided to break up with his girlfriend for her, so she tries to see if they can make it work, but in the end still goes with Reid?
    most people are quick to think that ed abadons her and while i understand where this comes from because of his words about not liking the guys and not being comfortable here but not like the guys could have been one time and not being comfortable here could be a totally different part of the same conversation, say if he finds out a family member is ill or someting pressing at home in his personal life

The only thing that makes me doubt that Reid is F1 is that he does not get a 1 on 1 early on. Almost all the time the F1 get one of the early dates. Has it ever taken 6 episodes for the F1 to get a date? Deanna DOESN'T count. She got rejected at the end. Can someone enlighten me on this?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3478747;
    The producers felt like that had to outdo their efforts from last year when they sent sweet Richard home from the Cinderella carriage in a taxi. How could they outdo themselves this year? If Richard went from a carriage to a taxi, then poor Sasha could go from a Farrari to a city bus.

Next season's Bachelor will probably have to walk to the airport.

Okay--somebody got sent home--actually sent to the airport--on a bus in a season not too long ago.

I can't remember who but it also raised a big stink at the time. And it was also a nice guy.

Does anyone remember who that was?

I tend not to rfemember the details of any given show or season--but I do remember that bus appearing previously.

It was someone who had a big suitcase too.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3480751;
    The only thing that makes me doubt that Reid is F1 is that he does not get a 1 on 1 early on. Almost all the time the F1 get one of the early dates. Has it ever taken 6 episodes for the F1 to get a date? Deanna DOESN'T count. She got rejected at the end. Can someone enlighten me on this?
    Based on the first three episodes, Jillian hasn't shown Reid any special regard. No way is he making F2 let alone be F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3479383;
    I thought of the hitch-hiking, but I know that here in Alabama hitch-hiking is against the state law, so I didn't suggest it. Someone else suggested the next step before walking would be a bike! That makes sense as well. That would be so degrading.....
    ....especially if it were one of those giant tricycles

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3479113;
    In some of his PIs I could see his right eye closing. Know your limit, buddy. :nono

I noticed that a lot last night as well.

I wondered if that was a natural tic of his--or if it is a symptom of an impending physical problem?

I haven't ever heard of it as a sign of intoxication--it's not a physical sign that cops use--but I'd be interested in hearing any info on this.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3479322;
    Someone mentioned somewhere on this board that she pulls a Brad. In the previews we hear her say 'what if the guy I'm supposed to be with isn't here" and the show voice overs ask 'if she will find someone' (as she's walking down the hallway with that spectacular yellow dress) -I'm paraphrasing on both of course, but accurately - these two things so far give me pause, and last nights show didn't really give me the warm and fuzzies for anyone. Epi 3 and nothing is any clearer than epi 2.

And we're not hearing any voice overs about 'who she will choose'....and as far as I've heard about the interviews she's not even discussed her F1. odd, very odd.
    Anders , to add to your pause. I read an article from the ABC alert , that said "in the end, Harris remained optimistic about her expierence as the bachelorette , no matter the outcome. and then she goes on to say: ""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. So if I never find love this time, then I'm back at the same place that I was before, and that was an incredible place." IMO this particular interview dosen't sound like someone who is crazy in love or found the love of her life. I haven't read or heard any interviews to date , that say she is so happy and in love. (If anyone knows of any, please post them.)
    I personally don't think she picks anyone, and if she did I doubt their engaged. Maybe just going to date in the real world. (which I totally agree should be the case). I hope I'm wrong , because I would love to see another Trista /Ryan. But I don't see a Ryan or Jeremy type (sincere) in any of these guys that are left. JMHO

What is the basis for 'there are 3 with girlfriends'? Obviously someone has a girlfriend because Tanner tells her, and I think he uses the plural, but, early on we came to the conclusion that 3 of them had girlfriends and I don't remember why.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3480774;
    What is the basis for 'there are 3 with girlfriends'? Obviously someone has a girlfriend because Tanner tells her, and I think he uses the plural, but, early on we came to the conclusion that 3 of them had girlfriends and I don't remember why.
    if i recall its said in a VO