Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Does Ed fit in? He wears a silk robe,cucumber face mask and that weird weird swim suit.,-not in my world! UCK

The more I think about it, the more I think Ed is probably F1. The reason I say this is because she kind of teased how he was scared on the date in an interview, she was somewhat teasing in her blog today about the silk robe and cucumbers, and I think what she meant by her interview when she said we will think she made bad choices in the middle (keeping Wes and letting Ed leave) but would say she has her head straight in the end means picking Ed. What ya'll think? Also, I find it interesting if Reid is part of the F2 why he wasn't edited whatsoever to be noticed in the first episode even for her parents to see him before they met him. I would think they would want to introduce a little bit of the fellows for her parents to see before they meet the guys. Kip and Ed both got time. Also, her BFF likes Ed. She must know he goes far, etc.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3480538;
    The more I think about it, the more I think Ed is probably F1. The reason I say this is because she kind of teased how he was scared on the date in an interview, she was somewhat teasing in her blog today about the silk robe and cucumbers, and I think what she meant by her interview when she said we will think she made bad choices in the middle (keeping Wes and letting Ed leave) but would say she has her head straight in the end means picking Ed. What ya'll think? Also, I find it interesting if Reid is part of the F2 why he wasn't edited whatsoever to be noticed in the first episode even for her parents to see him before they met him. I would think they would want to introduce a little bit of the fellows for her parents to see before they meet the guys. Kip and Ed both got time. Also, her BFF likes Ed. She must know he goes far, etc.
    She may have been told to talk about Ed a lot to mislead the public. Remember Jason talked most about Nikki in his interviews! Hardly ever mentioned Melissa (or Molly)

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3480517;
    I dont get it either. Perhaps he did it on a dare, or his company was between big projects and he wanted a break. It is a bit puzzling. I think that a lot of the guys who do the show end up being very, very popular when they go home. Maybe he figured that he had little to lose , and something to gain, so why not?
    a casting director may have seen him an approached him and he was too flattered to turn it down. That's the only way I could see someone successful who apparently has a girlfriend, do this

As a new reader and poster, I just have to say these forums are definately for chatty people.... (And I like that). Ok about the show. WOW, last night. What in the world is David's problem? I have a theory that if a man can get that bent out of shape that quickly, what in the world is he going to do when something really upsets him? Will he use physical force? I hope that Jillian picks the right man for her, I think she is a beautiful down to earth girl.

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3480538;
    Reid bring "hidden" in the first episode doesn't really say much one way or the other IMO. Melissa was barely shown in the first episode of Jason's season, plus they had 5 more contestants than usual to give us glimpses of to ponder.

Normally the family dates occur before the show airs, so there's never even been a previous season where they COULD have edited in a particular guy/gal for the parents to get a glimpse before meeting the person. Besides which, the edit is not based on introducing anyone to anyone---it's entirely about telling the story the way the editors have decided to tell it.

BFFs are not necessarily privy to any info about the final choice---more than likely any BFF comment is just a hunch/assumption/guess.

That said, yes, she does tease Ed in her interviews, and he could potentially be F1.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

After Monday's episode, I have to say that I'm a little in love with Reid. I didn't quite see it before... oh but now I do.

Okay, maybe a lot in love with him...

Quote Originally Posted by lomdar;3480533;
    Does Ed fit in? He wears a silk robe,cucumber face mask and that weird weird swim suit.,-not in my world! UCK
    Hahaha, so glad I am not the only who thinks his swim suit is weird!!

FORT Fan

I have noticed again(after thinking the same last go round with Jason) that Jillian's kisses seem awkward. Is it the fact that she doesn't want some guy she barely knows sticking his tongue down her throat? Last night with Reid, who seems like a great kisser, that something wasn't "fitting." I noticed the same with Kip too. The ones with Ed were more low key so not sure. I love the girl but maybe she is just out of practice! Know I am!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3480696;
    Reid bring "hidden" in the first episode doesn't really say much one way or the other IMO. Melissa was barely shown in the first episode of Jason's season, plus they had 5 more contestants than usual to give us glimpses of to ponder.

Normally the family dates occur before the show airs, so there's never even been a previous season where they COULD have edited in a particular guy/gal for the parents to get a glimpse before meeting the person. Besides which, the edit is not based on introducing anyone to anyone---it's entirely about telling the story the way the editors have decided to tell it.

BFFs are not necessarily privy to any info about the final choice---more than likely any BFF comment is just a hunch/assumption/guess.

That said, yes, she does tease Ed in her interviews, and he could potentially be F1.
    From what I've seen in the last 3 episodes, all the guys that go to the last 4 or 5 are getting the "hidden" edit LOL all the VO's and PI's are going to the goofs this year. I think this is partly due to the drama for tv (for some reason Fleiss thinks we like that ) and partly because the producers and editors didn't know who the F1 F2 and F3 were when they first started editing the first few episodes. I think the editing will be getting more informative in the next few weeks.

Does anybody know when the FRC was held? I'm reading a few posts that say that Kip can't be F1 due to when he was spotted at home but have read nothing conclusive as of yet.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club