Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;3480277;
    I am a MASSIVE country music fan and I can tell you there is NO WAY he will get any plug @ the CMA Fest..... the dude SUCKS. Not only that I am pretty sure he is not signed to any major label, and in order to get any play on country music radio you have to be signed to a label who can market the heck out of you. His song sucks, his voice sucks, and his personality sucks = no chance at him being the next Tim or Kenny.
    I couldn't agree more! I was just trying to figure out what ABC and Wes might've been thinking if they made a deal. One or both of them might have been kidding themselves but that doesn't mean they weren't trying for something.

As far as edits do we know how far in advance the episodes get sent out? Because IMO with the FRC only happening on May 24th, the edits might be responsive to that from here on out. Did they edit last night's episode after the FRC or have we not seen an episode that was edited after the FRC? If we haven't seen an episode that was edited after the FRC then IMO it's too early to tell who is getting the F3/F2/F1 edit.

So far IMO the audience is being groomed to expect a F4 of Jake/Kip/Ed/wildcard with the WC being whether Jillian sees through Wes or doesn't. I don't think Reid has gotten a strong contender edit yet but he's being established with some presence.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3480269;
    Here's what I don't get: why would ABC do this? Did they need a villain that badly for this season? If that's what happened then people are thinking Wes agreed to be the sleazy, smarmy villain in exchange for all the exposure? I just don't get why Wes would think it would help him. He's not very attractive (IMO), he doesn't have a very good voice (IMO), and he's not that great a songwriter judging from that song (IMO). Nashville's full of singer songwriters who look, write, and sing better than he does.

I guess Wes wouldn't be the first person to delude himself into thinking that all he needs to get picked up by Nashville is some exposure. But if you read the Music City TV site in Nashville which was ALL over the Travis Stork season, and the Tennessean it doesn't seem like anybody cares about him (thank goodness). The only mention of this season's Bachelorette on Music City TV was when Nashville's Caleb was knocked out.

One thing to watch for if you're in the 'Wes is a producer plant' school of thinking is whether Wes tries to get any play at the CMA Music Fest next week. ABC's covering the CMA Music Fest like it does every year and will have a 3 hour special on it at the end of August. We already know ABC loves its cross promotion (like Bachelor/DWTS, and DWTS's Julianne Hough cohosting last year's CMA Music Fest).

I actually wonder if Wes is one of those angling to be the next Bachelor. All this aspiring country singer stuff is a big backstory and it's something ABC might've liked in principle because of all the possible cross promotion. But they've gone with the villain story instead so I don't see Wes with a chance at becoming the next Bachelor.

LOL!
    I think if they cast Wes w/this promise, it's because they were unable to find enough good looking (he may not be to you, but is to many I think, particularly if you keep his "questionable intentions" out of the equation) appropriate men who were serious, and he fit what Jillian claimed was her "type", so convincing her to let him hang around was not going to be that difficult anyway. They couldn't care less if this helps Wes sell any CDs or not, so I doubt they told him how he would be portrayed, and just like crazy Dave, guys with huge egos always assume they will come across great on these shows, cause well, they are, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3480297;
    I think if they cast Wes w/this promise, it's because they were unable to find enough good looking (he may not be to you, but is to many I think, particularly if you keep his "questionable intentions" out of the equation) appropriate men who were serious, and he fit what Jillian claimed was her "type", so convincing her to let him hang around was not going to be that difficult anyway. They couldn't care less if this helps Wes sell any CDs or not, so I doubt they told him how he would be portrayed, and just like crazy Dave, guys with huge egos always assume they will come across great on these shows, cause well, they are, aren't they?
    I don't see Le Scandal du Wes as a departure from past practice at all.

Shayne was a straight-up hire. And that singing ASHLEE person on Matt's season was the same. Matt had to sit there straight-faced and listen to her ridiculous singing as well. And last season, that Lauren person tried to promote her song writing.

This is the sort of person who agrees to be on a national TV show. It's actually pretty hard for them to find 30 people who meet their physical/medical/singleness requirements season after season. They end up going to those casting websites, where you find people who want to be on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3480334;

Shayne was a straight-up hire. And that singing ASHLEE person on Matt's season was the same. Matt had to sit there straight-faced and listen to her ridiculous singing as well. And last season, that Lauren person tried to promote her song writing.

This is the sort of person who agrees to be on a national TV show. It's actually pretty hard for them to find 30 people who meet their physical/medical/singleness requirements season after season. They end up going to those casting websites, where you find people who want to be on TV.
    plus this season was put together very quickly, so under the time constraints I could definitely see them having to struck up a few deals or pay some "actors" to quickly round out the group

My big question in all of this is where does Ed fit in; and why would he even agree, much less apply to be on this show? He is still putting together a business that requires all his time, and it just doesn't make sense to me that he needs this exposure. Sure, his company is mentioned, but it's not the type of company that would benefit from exposure. I mean Jesse has the wine business (exposure good) Reid is a Realtor (exposure good) but I don't see where the exposure for business sake fits with Ed.

I also don't see that he is in any hurry to marry and settle down. He told Jillian that he wants to be financially stable before that happens. My theory is that he and his buds were at their favorite watering hole (the one that turns karaoke) and they were visited by casting people. They recruited him...but with what promises? His motivation seems out of sync with the models/actors usually recruited. He said his mother told him he would like Jillian (or the other way around) but that may have been after he signed on the dotted line. I don't think his mother pushed him to do the show because there wouldn't have been time to apply and be accepted from the time Jillian was announced. Anyway, his unknown true motivation for doing the show bugs me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3480334;

Reid has a "friend" on Facebook named Sunny Antrim. It appears she's a talent PA for ABC / The Walt Disney Company. Would this person have been assigned to Reid when he applied for The Bachelorette or would she have picked him out after seeing him somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by painauchocolat;3480457;
    Reid has a "friend" on Facebook named Sunny Antrim. It appears she's a talent PA for ABC / The Walt Disney Company. Would this person have been assigned to Reid when he applied for The Bachelorette or would she have picked him out after seeing him somewhere?
    Perhaps she saw his tweet that he was looking for a girlfriend and thought he would be a good fit for the show?
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Anyway, his unknown true motivation for doing the show bugs me.
    I dont get it either. Perhaps he did it on a dare, or his company was between big projects and he wanted a break. It is a bit puzzling. I think that a lot of the guys who do the show end up being very, very popular when they go home. Maybe he figured that he had little to lose , and something to gain, so why not?

I honestly would laugh so hard if Reid came out and sang her Wes's song and he sounded better than Wes did.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3480522;
    I honestly would laugh so hard if Reid came out and sang her Wes's song and he sounded better than Wes did.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Wes sounds like a broken record.