Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

If Reid is let go tonight,
    if Reid returns to propose, and
    if Reid is F1,

I bet we'll have an SC of a ring on her finger tonight. It would lead the general viewing audience to assume he's gone and she's accepted a proposal from someone else. A ring SC will lead me to believe it's Reid.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3566920;
    Had a girls night out last night...previously I was the only Reid fan in the group, they were all Kip and Ed. Now, all eight of us like Reid. They all said after the Spain date they changed their minds. I warned them about the F3 possibility and quite a few said if he's not F1 in the end they are going to start going to vlubs in Philly looking for him. LOL
    I have two 20-something daughters. I already tried to get them interested in Carmel Valley, CA to no avail, and have already mentioned how much they might like Philly.

I think if Jillian rejects Kip and Ed at the FRC because she thinks she made a mistake and has realized she's in love with somebody else, well, I have absolutely no problem with that scenario...She's allowed to make mistakes especially during this insane process. And from some VOs, it seems like Reid 's "Failure" and Jillian "making a mistake" is mentioned...

That being said, if Reid is let go at F3 and comes back as F1, then there is no doubt in my mind that Reid was F1 all along and Fleiss/Jillian knew way before the FRC....But after last year, Fleiss couldn't just have a Kip or Ed/Reid final 2 with no drama...nope, he had to do something he's never done before...it wouldn't suprise me that Fleiss sat down with the F3 and said, ok, this is how it will go....remember, it has to make for good tv!

At the end of the day, if Jillian and Reid are still happy, then who cares....but to think this wasn't planned out may be a little naive.
    Last edited by Daliana; 07-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3566935;
    Yet another reason bamabrain needs to get into the ATFR. Wouldn't you just love to see her asking Harrison about the re-shoot? Jlccaz and I can have a set of demonstratives prepared for her to illustrate her point.
    I think Ross Perot left a few that bamabrain could use...

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3566920;
    Had a girls night out last night...previously I was the only Reid fan in the group, they were all Kip and Ed. Now, all eight of us like Reid. They all said after the Spain date they changed their minds. I warned them about the F3 possibility and quite a few said if he's not F1 in the end they are going to start going to vlubs in Philly looking for him. LOL

Spain was definitely a turning point for my friends as well. I had 2 friends who liked Ed and 1 friend who liked Kip...all 3 sent me texts after Reid/Jillian's spain date saying they loved Reid. At the end of the day, the consensus amoung them is that Jillian can't go wrong with any of the F3.

I think Reid was let go at F3 because Jillian was pushing too hard for a commitment answer. If she took Reid to F1 she didn't want to get embarassed on national T.V. (iF Reid didn't want to purse things further). Remember that Reid is an analytical type who needs time to digest things before moving forward, whereas both Ed and Kip both "entertained" her questions about marriage, kids, etc. So Ed and Kip were a "safer" bet.

When Reid was sent home at F3, I believe he stayed in Hawaii. I am sure TB knew Reid's feelings and suggested he should stay so he could think about Jillian and perhaps change his mind -- TB wanted Reid to come back and propose and gave him every opportunity to do so.

At the time of the FRC, Jillian knew she made a mistake letting Reid go home, and Reid knew he made a mistake in not opening up to Jillian.

Reid realized that if he wanted Jillian, he would have to take a chance and try to sweep her off her feet.

Now, there is some speculation that Reid comes back BEFORE the FRC thus, causing her to ask TB for more time to think about things. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3566935;
    Yet another reason bamabrain needs to get into the ATFR. Wouldn't you just love to see her asking Harrison about the re-shoot? Jlccaz and I can have a set of demonstratives prepared for her to illustrate her point.

I'll have the ACTUAL storyboard and the AIRED storyboard for comparison and contrast. Exhibits A and B.

Now come on . . . surely there's someone out there who can get me a pair of tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3566957;
    Now, there is some speculation that Reid comes back BEFORE the FRC thus, causing her to ask TB for more time to think about things. Who knows.
    Very interesting scenario. Now THAT would be an ATFR I'd have to see!! Perhaps they'd let the audience vote on a winner??

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3566937;
    Your take on this is realistic. The other take ....."Hot Girl meets Hot Guy, no eye contact lots of groping and prolonged open mouth kissing, ridiculously awkward conversations, HG leaping into HGuy's arms with obligatory wrapping of HG's legs around HGuy's waist at every encounter." TPTB can edit in the right amount of squeals later depending on the order of elimination. This scenario has all the makings of a 30 second TV commercial for E.D. medication and a life span comparable to one dose of a little blue pill.

Then we see the interactions of Reid and Jillian...flirty, vulnerable. tender, constantly referring to conversations to which the viewer is not privy. I would love to see that footage, but this is their relationship, not mine. Many of us are wired to want what we can't have and this situation is no different. It can be compared to an auction where a bidder has to know his limit. One cannot promise more than he can deliver. Reid cannot suspend his disbelief, if anything it intensifies because of the over-night dates. His reaction is to withdraw rather than put himself out there and step-up the competition. It may indicate that he is at best, monogamous or at worst, possessive.

If he leaves and comes back, as his brother is quoted as saying, it shows that he has gotten some perspective on the situation.

Did Ed get perspective when he left? His whole demeanor reminds me of my sons, who when growing up, would try to keep me from finding out what it was that they were actually up to. Their agendas were not in line with mine but they wanted something from me and would manipulate me with half-truths so that I would give my approval.

As for Kip, he seems like a sweet guy, but too low key. He is a good athlete and a good sport, but his emotional range has been a flat line throughout.

Relationships are tough....I guess that's why so many want to see an ideal one on this show. If you can't have one in your own life then you want one vicariously from TB.
    What a wonderful post blasie! I too think that the interactions between Reid and Jillian have been so genuine. His conversation about other guys maybe getting the "weird card", etc.. were so true to life, IMO. The conversations she has had with the others have been more "scripted" like. Not that they were actually scripted, but it seems as though she asked questions that she thought she should, and they gave her answers that they thought she would like. Kiptyn may have been more realistic in his answers, but still they seemed to follow the story line. Reid is the only one that you seem to get very unexpected things from - so real.And his emotions and reactions are what you would see in a real dating situation.

I liken Reid and Jillian's conversations to Tom Hanks and his girlfriend in "Big". No games or role-playing, just honest conversation which is so refreshing compared to what we usually get on this show.

Last night I posted that having the audience choose--especially FORT, which has, as Saffron noted, spent more time on her decision than Jillian--makes as much sense as anything in this Survivor season.

If at the ATFR, I promise, unlike Fleiss, who has none, to vote my conscience.