Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by reidlove;3566894;
    thanks!
    oops I had a typo its Bte0713's videos

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3566885;
    I don't know if she did. I was stating she said she was willing to go to FS with Ed but to talk. Her reasons for turning FS down with Kip and Reid were similar. She wanted to catch up with Ed at least that's what was said on the show. Who really knows what goes on behind close doors.
    If Ed was bragging about it with friends in Chicago or even telling his gfs about it, just goes to show who he is - self-absorbed and not the way a gentleman would behave - just not classy, IMO.
    But we know that she DID go with Kyp to snuggle, and she DID go with Reid but those scenes weren't shown. She may not have spent the night, but she did spend some private time with them after dinner

Question to all you out there, does Jillian have a facebook? I ask because there is a wall posting on Melissa's facebook wall from a Jilly Bean. Can anyone clarify if it's her or not. Thanks so much.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3566871;
    Well said and exactly what I have been thinking all along.

The people that believe that Kiptyn is her choice are very few right now. And guaranteed that if he is, there will be a slew of people pointing out why he is not the best for her. Oh well.

I just see the complete storyline with Kiptyn and Jillian. And yes, the ending will be ..............brilliant.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if she chose Kip in the end. He has been a gentleman, his edit has been pure given how Fleiss does it. He and Reid have been smart and given very little for the PTB to screw them in the edit.

Jillian also said Kip reminded her of her Dad, don't know if that's a good thing or not. Often people choose someone exactly like or the opposite of their parents.

Kip or Reid as f1 will be brilliant.

Ed needs to get back to his IT work, he iis on an ego trip, he can't even look her in the face. Whatever his agenda, it's not working in his favor, unless he is going for any publicity is good publicity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3566885;
    I don't know if she did. I was stating she said she was willing to go to FS with Ed but to talk. Her reasons for turning FS down with Kip and Reid were similar. She wanted to catch up with Ed at least that's what was said on the show. Who really knows what goes on behind close doors.

If Ed was bragging about it with friends in Chicago or even telling his gfs about it, just goes to show who he is - self-absorbed and not the way a gentleman would behave - just not classy, IMO.
    If you believe Ed is a cad and has something to brag about, it also reflects very negatively on Jillian. That is why I tend not to believe this inside information.

I'm thinking there might be a reshoot of parts of the finale. Too soon to say. But it has DEFINITELY happened other seasons
    bamabrain, I have full faith in you . If there's a reshoot, you'll figure it out just as you did for Jen's FRC. They're not going to be able to pull that one off.

Had a girls night out last night...previously I was the only Reid fan in the group, they were all Kip and Ed. Now, all eight of us like Reid. They all said after the Spain date they changed their minds. I warned them about the F3 possibility and quite a few said if he's not F1 in the end they are going to start going to vlubs in Philly looking for him. LOL
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3566920;
    Had a girls night out last night...previously I was the only Reid fan in the group, they were all Kip and Ed. Now, all eight of us like Reid. They all said after the Spain date they changed their minds. I warned them about the F3 possibility and quite a few said if he's not F1 in the end they are going to start going to vlubs in Philly looking for him. LOL
    Hee! That's great!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3566914;
    bamabrain, I have full faith in you . If there's a reshoot, you'll figure it out just as you did for Jen's FRC. They're not going to be able to pull that one off.
    Yet another reason bamabrain needs to get into the ATFR. Wouldn't you just love to see her asking Harrison about the re-shoot? Jlccaz and I can have a set of demonstratives prepared for her to illustrate her point.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3566698;
    My read of the plotline/storyboard is a 180 from yours. I think one of this season's themes is "The path to love isn't always straight." The plotline this season--if graphed--would not be a traditional classical triangle with a conflict, a crisis at the apex, followed by a denouement/resolution. It would be as zigzagging as a lightning bolt . . . or a drunk man walking. Each episode has its own crisis and a different protagonist.
    Your take on this is realistic. The other take ....."Hot Girl meets Hot Guy, no eye contact lots of groping and prolonged open mouth kissing, ridiculously awkward conversations, HG leaping into HGuy's arms with obligatory wrapping of HG's legs around HGuy's waist at every encounter." TPTB can edit in the right amount of squeals later depending on the order of elimination. This scenario has all the makings of a 30 second TV commercial for E.D. medication and a life span comparable to one dose of a little blue pill.

Then we see the interactions of Reid and Jillian...flirty, vulnerable. tender, constantly referring to conversations to which the viewer is not privy. I would love to see that footage, but this is their relationship, not mine. Many of us are wired to want what we can't have and this situation is no different. It can be compared to an auction where a bidder has to know his limit. One cannot promise more than he can deliver. Reid cannot suspend his disbelief, if anything it intensifies because of the over-night dates. His reaction is to withdraw rather than put himself out there and step-up the competition. It may indicate that he is at best, monogamous or at worst, possessive.

If he leaves and comes back, as his brother is quoted as saying, it shows that he has gotten some perspective on the situation.

Did Ed get perspective when he left? His whole demeanor reminds me of my sons, who when growing up, would try to keep me from finding out what it was that they were actually up to. Their agendas were not in line with mine but they wanted something from me and would manipulate me with half-truths so that I would give my approval.

As for Kip, he seems like a sweet guy, but too low key. He is a good athlete and a good sport, but his emotional range has been a flat line throughout.

Relationships are tough....I guess that's why so many want to see an ideal one on this show. If you can't have one in your own life then you want one vicariously from TB.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!