Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3566613;
    Didn't someone mention last week that there was a comment on RS's blog (FWIW) that the person knew Ed and he was "bragging" that he was the guy with the "bedroom problem" - almost like it was a joke?
    Yes, they said he said it was too hot in Hawaii for throwing down.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3565537;
    Jason and Molly? Are they for real?
    So far so good...
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

FORT Fan

I'll admit this is all pretty far-fetched, but so is the ending this season, IMO. If TPTB need to throw Ed under the bus to sell their ending, I don't think they will hesitate for a minute to do it.

Why do you say the ending is far-fetched this season? The story so far, has had some never before seen things on the show but I think the underlying story has been pretty consistent and following pretty much along the standard lines.

Does anyone know exactly what SDL said about it? I thought she said that Ed was bragging that he slept with her in Hawaii, but apparently, per the preview, we're being lead to believe that isn't the case. Something isn't adding up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3566657;
    If TPTB need to throw Ed under the bus to sell their ending, I don't think they will hesitate for a minute to do it.

Fleissian.
    In fact, I can see Fleiss putting this bus on his Life List of Gotchas. Two things accomplished: audience shock and revenge. It's Shakespearean in an F-grade kind of way.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3566635;
    Well they certainly aren't going to go to all this trouble of editing in something if it never existed in the first place. I can buy going back and doing a re-shoot if they have to. But in this case there was no re-shoot.
    Exactly, they can't edit in a scenerio like that. Plus the finale is about the happy ending, in her case, the brilliant one.
    There has been NO rumors from sources of a reshoot, YET.
    And Jill has said it's in the can , done.
    I think people are grasping on a reshoot theory , jmo.
    but watch they pop up today after these sources read the boards ... Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3566667;
    Why do you say the ending is far-fetched this season? The story so far, has had some never before seen things on the show but I think the underlying story has been pretty consistent and following pretty much along the standard lines.
    Think about how much drama they've focused on versus showing 1:1 connections with any of the guys. Juan/David, Wes/Jake, Wes/the Guys, Ed/departure, Wes/Jake, etc. dominated the footage. And, now we're supposed to be getting to the romantic part and it's all about lack of romance and E.D. issues as well as a faux dramatic finale.

All of it, unfortunately screams, "there is no love connection" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3566680;
    Think about how much drama they've focused on versus showing 1:1 connections with any of the guys.

All of it, unfortunately screams, "there is no love connection" to me.
    Agreed. One question I've had from early-on is "what are the smoke and mirrors obscuring--something or nothing?" Could go either way.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3566670;
    Does anyone know exactly what SDL said about it? I thought she said that Ed was bragging that he slept with her in Hawaii, but apparently, per the preview, we're being lead to believe that isn't the case. Something isn't adding up.

I do know that SDL said there " was no love story" I also know SDL said he knows nothing about what happens in Hawaii. SDL did say Ed had sex with Jillian but if he knew nothing about Hawaii then it was implied that the sex was in Spain.

I just want to say I don't put much stock in any of the information from SDL (his source musta been into the sauce or something) just my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3566618;
    How would this one sided Convo work?

How would Jilly assume their was a gf gate situation if it did not come out during filming ?

Wouldn't ED have to logically try and explain or say anything about it, if it came up during filming and IF it were actually true..

I am trying to understand another perspective , be open minded,
    However for me this scenerio is illogical that they would re edit in a rumored scenerio without ANY hint of it being filmed originally...

Without a reshoot this scenerio is very unlikely and Jilly has said all the filming is gone and it was not difficult in the end and she was not torn ..
    Thanks to Tanner and the whole Wes girlfriend fiasco, you know they would have spent some time asking all the guys about girlfriends. My guess would be that they've got plenty of footage to work with. In fact, we've seen Ed say, "I don't have a girlfriend" during that RC. All they have to do is remove the don't, throw it in as a VO and there's Ed hung out to dry.

This show lives for that crap. Anything is possible.