Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3566605;
    So ED is E.D. guy?
    No. I think it's Kip, but she still keeps him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3566581;
    That's what I'm most interested in as well. That will tell us if she accepted one, they broke up and later and TPTB went in to fix it, or if her F1 rejected her or she changed her mind and they called in reinforcements.

If she planned on sending her top 2 away to choose number 3, there wouldn't be a need for a reshoot.

Speaking of this...up until now, for weeks, the edit/promos have suggested that REID is the E.D. guy and now, the new commercial is edited to look like it's ED. hmmm...
    Didn't someone mention last week that there was a comment on RS's blog (FWIW) that the person knew Ed and he was "bragging" that he was the guy with the "bedroom problem" - almost like it was a joke?

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3566588;

Re the bolded: Of course they could. In fact, it would be easy. All you need is a one-sided convo with Jill doing all the talking (she usually does anyway) and cut to reaction shots of Ed look serious and quiet (he does that all the time anyway). Wrap it all up with VOs from Jill, some consoling from CH and there you have it, girlfriendgate exposedNot saying it did happen, but it could. Easily.
    How would this one sided Convo work?

How would Jilly assume their was a gf gate situation if it did not come out during filming ?

Wouldn't ED have to logically try and explain or say anything about it, if it came up during filming and IF it were actually true..

I am trying to understand another perspective , be open minded,
    However for me this scenerio is illogical that they would re edit in a rumored scenerio without ANY hint of it being filmed originally...

Without a reshoot this scenerio is very unlikely and Jilly has said all the filming is gone and it was not difficult in the end and she was not torn ..
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-13-2009 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3566618;

How would Jilly assume their was a gf gate situation if it did not come out during filming ?

Wouldn't ED have to logically try and explain or say anything about it, if it came up during filming and IF it were actually true..
    However for me this scenerio is illogical that they would re edit in a rumored scenerio without it bring filmed originally..
    They could make it look like a convo happened that didn't...OR...it's possible that a conversation was there about the girlfriend/s, they didn't put it in because she forgave and chose Ed. Now, they are broken up, she realizes he really was a two timing jerk so they edited it in and used their skills to make it look worse than it was. It's possible.

They can use their edit magic to make people look better than they are or worst than they are...it's all in their hands.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3566624;
    They could make it look like a convo happened that didn't...OR...it's possible that a conversation was there about the girlfriend/s, they didn't put it in because she forgave and chose Ed. Now, they are broken up, she realizes he really was a two timing jerk so they edited it in and used their skills to make it look worse than it was. It's possible.

They can use their edit magic to make people look better than they are or worst than they are...it's all in their hands.
    Well they certainly aren't going to go to all this trouble of editing in something if it never existed in the first place. I can buy going back and doing a re-shoot if they have to. But in this case there was no re-shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3566635;
    But in this case there was no re-shoot.
    I'm thinking there might be a reshoot of parts of the finale. Too soon to say. But it has DEFINITELY happened other seasons.

I think this would be difficult to do, BUT they do have Ed saying "I don't have a girlfriend" which can very easily be turned into "I have a girlfriend."

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

They could make it look like a convo happened that didn't...OR...it's possible that a conversation was there about the girlfriend/s, they didn't put it in because she forgave and chose Ed. Now, they are broken up, she realizes he really was a two timing jerk so they edited it in and used their skills to make it look worse
    than it was. It's possible.
    They can use their edit magic to make people look better than they are or
    worst than they are...it's all in their hands.
    ED said on the show he had no gf .. Why would they have another Convo
    about it later after WES leaves.He was the guy with the Gf that she found out about.
    Now that he's gone they will build up the love story with Kip and ED.
    The twist will be Kip proposing early which will cause drama.
    There is not any more drama during the finale with gf gate.
    It's going to about Kip , and then ED .

That's quite enough drama for the viewing public,an EARLY proposal from the guy who is being set up NOT to propose...
    This isn't quite so juicy for the forters, I know, it seems too uncomplicated with just Kip's drama..especially after last seasons mess.

But I believe Jill to be a smart woman, she would not let this thing go in the way of Jasons season.. She lived that one..
    Hers is going to be much less complicated and less sketchy.

Again.. Well see I guess.
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3566613;
    Didn't someone mention last week that there was a comment on RS's blog (FWIW) that the person knew Ed and he was "bragging" that he was the guy with the "bedroom problem" - almost like it was a joke?
    Don't think it said he was bragging per se, but said the "problem" was his because it was too hot in Hawaii. Also made mention of him being out on a friend's boat wearing a baby blue Speedo. Quite a mental image I've got going on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3566618;

However for me this scenerio is illogical that they would re edit in a rumored scenerio without it bring filmed originally..
    I think the gf stuff will only air if they need it to make their crazy scripted ending make sense. That is, explain why she dumps both Kip (F2) and Ed (her supposed F1), and allows Reid to come back to become F1. But, it could go something like this.

Remember Ed stating at the RC (ep.5?) "I don't have a girlfriend". Just edit out "don't". Air that audio in a scene with Jill talking to Ed with only the back of Ed's head showing. There you have a confession from Ed "I have a girlfriend". Show this whole convo with only head shots so there's no need to match clothing, etc. Backgrounds could be manipulated. The whole rest of the convo would be Jilly being upset, cut and paste audio from Ed and snippets of the convos the guys had about who had the girlfriend, edited to fit the scenario, insinuating they're talking about Ed, even if they aren't. We know they have lots more footage than what we saw previously. Then CH comes in to console.

sdl said the producers knew all about Ed's gfs, so they could be the ones to make Jill aware of the situation.Ed doesn't have to really admit to anything.

I'll admit this is all pretty far-fetched, but so is the ending this season, IMO. If TPTB need to throw Ed under the bus to sell their ending, I don't think they will hesitate for a minute to do it.

Fleissian.