Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

"That fits with what I have been told. Jillian says goodbye to Ed and Kip at the FRC and is visibly upset ... then we see somebody coming back. We will have to tune in the following night to watch the conclusion."

OMG. I think I'm sending son & hubby to a motel for those 2 nights....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3566569;
    yes
    mk... so just a little more proof that all f3 have something substantial to bring to the frc

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3566490;
    A key question to me--if that scenario occurs (and I do think it's quite possible)--is when was the "return" filmed? Same day or not? I'm looking for the grassy knoll already.
    That's what I'm most interested in as well. That will tell us if she accepted one, they broke up and later and TPTB went in to fix it, or if her F1 rejected her or she changed her mind and they called in reinforcements.

If she planned on sending her top 2 away to choose number 3, there wouldn't be a need for a reshoot.

Speaking of this...up until now, for weeks, the edit/promos have suggested that REID is the E.D. guy and now, the new commercial is edited to look like it's ED. hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3566573;
    This is key indeed. And why was Reid still in Hawaii? Were they actually sequestering him until the FRC was filmed? We know that Jeremy went home to Dallas at F3 (friends or coworkers saw him) and flew back to the Bahamas. Were TPTB just being prudent because they knew Ed was her choice and they also knew all the dirt? They must have been concerned about Ed ruining the season. They surely could tell that Reid liked her enough to want to continue dating her for a bit. I'd love to know how it really happened.
    No remember Jeremy went back the same day as the RC just a few hours later at the urging of handlers thinking Deanna was changing her mind. TPTB edited it and made it look like he came back, but it was all the same day as his cut.

I think they sequestered Reid knowing/wanting this to happen. Would take a long time to rush him back to HI from PA.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3566483;
    Okay--I was in a position to watch that new ad tonight (Sunday) five times as it ran during various programs on ABC.

I concentrated on the figure in the doorway. And having looked very very hard (vewy vewy hard lol) my verdict is that it is Kip.

The head is not big enough to be Ed's (nor is the hair curly enough to be Ed's.) and it's a little too large to be Reid's.

Plus the height and the proportion of head to neck to shoulders is consistent with Kip's.

Of course this is just my IMO based on being a trained observer.

I have been known to be wrong--but not too often.

Of course we'll all have to wait and see who's right. Darn it.

Im with you on this one. Said before I thought the large forehead and sloping nose belonged to Kip. Cant wait to find out who it is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3566488;
    You can't "edit in" things to make Ed look bad and "expose" some Gf gate if it didn't happen and was never discussed with him and Jilly in HI.
    Again,I am confused by this new late "editing theory."
    Yes,they may be still editing the finale,little tweeks..
    but they can't edit in full convos about some Ex and make Ed look bad if those actual convos didn't happen.They can splice a few words together,but to edit in something like a full gf gate convo which would change the dynamic of the ending???
    that's ridiculous..
    And then what about Ed's proposal? Just edit that to look like she really wasn't happy about it..and it wasn't " brilliant"..
    I don't think they are editing this show based on rumors..

I see no mention of anything but an ATFR and if they have Reid the F3 to discuss there,IF he wasn't at the MTA,they'll have plenty to fill the hour
    Re the bolded: Of course they could. In fact, it would be easy. All you need is a one-sided convo with Jill doing all the talking (she usually does anyway) and cut to reaction shots of Ed look serious and quiet (he does that all the time anyway). Wrap it all up with VOs from Jill, some consoling from CH and there you have it, girlfriendgate exposed.

Not saying it did happen, but it could. Easily.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3566566;
    i'm wondering if perhaps Ed will be "outed" during the meet the parents, if Jill's cousin Tori is there and somehow manages to grill him about the whole leave & come back scenario. And maybe Jill looks so down on the LCD with Kip because that's after Reid returns and so she already knows that her heart is with Reid. I think when she cuts Reid it's because she's afraid that he's not in it for engagement/marriage and doesn't want to be left in the end with someone she's in love with but who isn't in love with her back. So she forces herself to get rid of him even though it breaks her heart, because it would break her heart even more in the end to have someone who doesn't love her back. She also has strong feelings for Ed & Kip and thinks it's more reciprocal with them based on what they've said to her, so she continues on. But once REid returns and says everything she needed to hear, it confirms that he is in fact the one, and in the end she has to reject both Ed & Kip.

Anyways, want to thank all you great sleuthers and those of you who shared some of your info - tonight will be a very sad episode, but at least I'm prepared...
    Jillian's family left for HI on May 19th. Only the first episode had aired so Tori wouldn't know about all the internet rumors. However, Tori was present during the RC cocktail party in Vancouver...so maybe she picked up some vibes there about any of the three that might sway her favor one way or another.

I don't think Reid returns prior to either LCD (if in fact he is F3 and if in fact he does return.) IF he (or anyone else returns) it will be on the very last day when she is ready for this whole friggin mess to be over.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by xseannax;3566582;
    I think they sequestered Reid knowing/wanting this to happen. Would take a long time to rush him back to HI from PA.
    It's interesting that both Jillian and Reid were in the Westin . . . with Kip and Ed at the Sheratorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3566581;
    Speaking of this...up until now, for weeks, the edit/promos have suggested that REID is the E.D. guy and now, the new commercial is edited to look like it's ED. hmmm...
    I said the same thing when the new commercial came out and "dismount guy" was clearly identifiable as Ed. His edit is already changing, via the (not-so) subliminal messages of the new commercials.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllie;3566581;
    That's what I'm most interested in as well. That will tell us if she accepted one, they broke up and later and TPTB went in to fix it, or if her F1 rejected her or she changed her mind and they called in reinforcements.

If she planned on sending her top 2 away to choose number 3, there wouldn't be a need for a reshoot.

So ED is E.D. guy?

FORT Fan

Ok if Reid goes home at F3, I think that validates the idea that there is JUST NO romance between the two of them. I mean if they had romance in Hawaii why do they keep showing the romance stuff from Spain. My guess is the stuff in Hawaii wasn't as good (and the stuff from Spain isn't great). So if he's out for this reason, he's not coming back.

As for editing in GF-gate, I really really don't see that happening. Jillian proved in her handling of Wes that she wasn't prone to believing everything she hears without some basic facts to support it. In addition her comment about everything wrapping up in the last 5 minutes pretty much cancels the idea of a cliff hanger out.