Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Hmm, let's have a little recap...

There was a rumor (great source) that Ed had left the show in April. Many thought that it was impossible after seeing the infamous Maui boat pic, especially after that and were unwilling to believe that one of the guys would leave and be allowed back. Well lo and behold he leaves and comes back.

There was a rumor (great source) that Wes was basically promised an F4 spot to be able to promote his music. Many sordid details regarding this but lo and behold, Wes leaves at F4.

There was a rumor (great source) that Reid was going to get a 1-1 date late in the season and also a HTD date that went very well. Many didn't see their chemistry and were adamant that he might not even get a 1-1 date. Well lo and behold both of those things happened.

There were rumors (great sources) that Ed is a player, cad, w/e you want to call him and doubts regarding his intentions during the show. This has been argued ad nauseum here with camps firmly entrenched...lo and behold...well nothing has surfaced on the show to give us any indication of that...yet.

There was discussion if the F3 would show up at the MTA...clearly he would right? Clearly he has nothing to do with the FRC because that idea is just so crazy and convoluted. Of course it's all about the F2 proposing to Jillian before the F1...Lo and behold the F3 didn't make it to the MTA which leads to suspicions of how the FRC is going to play out.

So ateotd, what have I learned? I have learned to keep an open mind to all possibilities but still hold true to what I believe is going to happen. I first and foremost want Jillian to be truly happy, she has been through the wringer this season.
    We need not think alike to love alike

bestbachelorett

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3566413;
    Hmm, let's have a little recap...

There was a rumor (great source) that Ed had left the show in April. Many thought that it was impossible after seeing the infamous Maui boat pic, especially after that and were unwilling to believe that one of the guys would leave and be allowed back. Well lo and behold he leaves and comes back.

There was a rumor (great source) that Wes was basically promised an F4 spot to be able to promote his music. Many sordid details regarding this but lo and behold, Wes leaves at F4.

There was a rumor (great source) that Reid was going to get a 1-1 date late in the season and also a HTD date that went very well. Many didn't see their chemistry and were adamant that he might not even get a 1-1 date. Well lo and behold both of those things happened.

There were rumors (great sources) that Ed is a player, cad, w/e you want to call him and doubts regarding his intentions during the show. This has been argued ad nauseum here with camps firmly entrenched...lo and behold...well nothing has surfaced on the show to give us any indication of that...yet.

There was discussion if the F3 would show up at the MTA...clearly he would right? Clearly he has nothing to do with the FRC because that idea is just so crazy and convoluted. Of course it's all about the F2 proposing to Jillian before the F1...Lo and behold the F3 didn't make it to the MTA which leads to suspicions of how the FRC is going to play out.

So ateotd, what have I learned? I have learned to keep an open mind to all possibilities but still hold true to what I believe is going to happen. I first and foremost want Jillian to be truly happy, she has been through the wringer this season.
    Loved your post! Great advice, thanks!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daliana;3566273;
    You know, after having watched pretty much every season of the bachelor/bachelorette, it wouldn't surprise me that Jillian told the producers that she had already made her choice in Reid and then Fleiss concocted some "dramatic" story to finish everything out...it also wouldn't surprise me if Jillian, Reid, Ed and Kip were in on it.
    It's the only rational way to explain this cockamamie season

TGIM! Have there been any sightings of the F3 guys over the weekend?

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3566404;
    I want to believe that , because I see a connection there. But why cut him at F3, and not give him the opportunity for LCD, and to meet her family if she is in love with him? Makes no sense. Going to be a night tomorrow when she breaks his heart .
    I agree.If she was in love with Reid,more so than the other two at that point,she would have kept him so he could have had more time with her and met her family,which is very important to her.
    No question.
    The Vo about her" taking a chance to see if there is more there later" when she is in her RC dress tonight crying to CH is in reference to Reid's exit, I believe.
    Reid is a great guy.He is deserving of a woman who loves him completely. Not someone who is in love with another guy completely.

FORT Fogey

Okay--I was in a position to watch that new ad tonight (Sunday) five times as it ran during various programs on ABC.

I concentrated on the figure in the doorway. And having looked very very hard (vewy vewy hard lol) my verdict is that it is Kip.

The head is not big enough to be Ed's (nor is the hair curly enough to be Ed's.) and it's a little too large to be Reid's.

Plus the height and the proportion of head to neck to shoulders is consistent with Kip's.

Of course this is just my IMO based on being a trained observer.

I have been known to be wrong--but not too often.

Of course we'll all have to wait and see who's right. Darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3566013;
    And the FRC may end up as cliff-hanger as well

With the final chapter of this season actually shown on the AFTR
    I think that's definitely what they'll go for--a "live" finale, as it were. That happened in Bachelorette 3. However, that ATFR was a restaging/rewriting of what had actually happened at the FRC, and another FRC had been reshot. So we need to remain alert while watching the aired FRC and ATFR for possible post-mortem sleuthing.

I'm counting on us to figure this one out soon. I'm hoping we get previews/screencaps tonight of more than just the MTA.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3566067;
    I think it really depends on if you trust some people's information that upcoming eps. are still being edited or not. Jillian (poor pawn) can only speak to things she knows. She knows what actually transpired in real-time moments. As we sit here today, Jillian's real-time moments were a month and a half ago. As far as I'm concerned, just about anything can happen, short of Juan or Dave being F1.
    You can't "edit in" things to make Ed look bad and "expose" some Gf gate if it didn't happen and was never discussed with him and Jilly in HI.
    Again,I am confused by this new late "editing theory."
    Yes,they may be still editing the finale,little tweeks..
    but they can't edit in full convos about some Ex and make Ed look bad if those actual convos didn't happen.They can splice a few words together,but to edit in something like a full gf gate convo which would change the dynamic of the ending???
    that's ridiculous..
    And then what about Ed's proposal? Just edit that to look like she really wasn't happy about it..and it wasn't " brilliant"..
    I don't think they are editing this show based on rumors..

I see no mention of anything but an ATFR and if they have Reid the F3 to discuss there,IF he wasn't at the MTA,they'll have plenty to fill the hour
    Last edited by goldie2; 07-13-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3566013;
    And the FRC may end up as cliff-hanger as well

With the final chapter of this season actually shown on the AFTR

That fits with what I have been told. Jillian says goodbye to Ed and Kip at the FRC and is visibly upset ... then we see somebody coming back. We will have to tune in the following night to watch the conclusion.

Reid and Jillian

A key question to me--if that scenario occurs (and I do think it's quite possible)--is when was the "return" filmed? Same day or not? I'm looking for the grassy knoll already.