Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3479737;
    Any medical types or fellow addiction consellors out there??? I mentioned this in David's thread but am curious to throw it into the mix here... does anyone else wonder about DRUGS more than just that he's a 'boozer'... "(ste) roid" rage was mentioned by another poster.... IMO there's a believable evil spirit in this guy's eyes that's beyond acting or editing, and he seems to have a dependent sort of personality, IMO. I wonder why on earth he's even there, let alone staying. Would it be too cynical to extend that suspicion to some of the other's demeanor... sorry, but it seems just about anything is condoned by tptb here for the sake of drama... what do you think?
    I will respond to this. I am an RN and worked 3 years on a dual diagnosis locked unit. Patients had to have a med/surg diagnosis along with an active psych diagnosis for admission to my unit. We detox'd many patients from many, many things here. We did see anger occasionally but most of the time these patients were physically ill with their detox and anger was not the issue. While I think this guy has probably always been a hot head and this may have been a part of his family dynamics, I just get the feeling some of this could be "roid" rage. Here is a definition of roid range taken from a medical dictionary off of the internet: An acute psychotic responseľuncontrolled outbursts of anger, frustration or combativenessľof unknown pathogenesis seen in those who abuse anabolic steroids, usually in body builders. I think if this rage was related to street drugs, he would be having more physical symptoms coming off of them because surely he wouldn't be using them on the show. The drinking probably doesn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3479911;

Tanner F got sick of the same old song from Wes and then after RC said he hoped Jillian didn't make the same mistake that Jason did picking the wrong person
    Yes I caught that and boy was I laughing.I wondered if Jason was watching and what his response to that comment was if he was watching.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by bachaddict624;3479945;
    I will respond to this. I am an RN and worked 3 years on a dual diagnosis locked unit. Patients had to have a med/surg diagnosis along with an active psych diagnosis for admission to my unit. We detox'd many patients from many, many things here. We did see anger occasionally but most of the time these patients were physically ill with their detox and anger was not the issue. While I think this guy has probably always been a hot head and this may have been a part of his family dynamics, I just get the feeling some of this could be "roid" rage. Here is a definition of roid range taken from a medical dictionary off of the internet: An acute psychotic responseľuncontrolled outbursts of anger, frustration or combativenessľof unknown pathogenesis seen in those who abuse anabolic steroids, usually in body builders. I think if this rage was related to street drugs, he would be having more physical symptoms coming off of them because surely he wouldn't be using them on the show. The drinking probably doesn't help at all.
    fascinating insights... thanks. A poster on another thread mentioned his behavior reminded her of meth use...who knows if problems creep in inspite of screening. I'd be interested to know if you felt any 'red-flags' go up in your mind, regarding any of the others?? Jill will need to keep/has kept ...her wits about her to survive all this!

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3479178;
    I just wanted to say something... Jillian mentions that Juan is calculated. I also think Wes is too... he is doing his differently than Juan. He is playing her hard!!
    I think ABC promised Wes a certain amount of plugs..PI's and stuff for his music...IMO..him..Juan and David are all prodcer picks they will be gone soon I hope..and if Wes gets a HTD as some think..i still think that he was promised it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3479992;
    fascinating insights... thanks. A poster on another thread mentioned his behavior reminded her of meth use...who knows if problems creep in inspite of screening. I'd be interested to know if you felt any 'red-flags' go up in your mind, regarding any of the others?? Jill will need to keep/has kept ...her wits about her to survive all this!

I can tell you for a fact that there has been steroid use in the past. I dont know if he is still on them or how long hes been off. But he has been on steroids before. I dont know him well, but I know a friend who works under him and he tells me stuff.

I live about a half hour from his hometown and I am embarassed/ashamed to say that.

NO, NO, NO !! Lins, you have NO reason to feel ashamed... " no man is an island" but you are never responsible for anyone else's behavior . Think of yourself as the positive compensating for some major near-by negative.

I agree with Tanner F (I think) who had the courage to stand up to David with "Jillian is smart enough to figure things out" (or words to that effect)

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3480049;
    NO, NO, NO !! Lins, you have NO reason to feel ashamed... " no man is an island" but you are never responsible for anyone else's behavior . Think of yourself as the positive compensating for some major near-by negative.

I agree with Tanner F (I think) who had the courage to stand up to David with "Jillian is smart enough to figure things out" (or words to that effect)
    Tanner may be weird - and strange - and off the wall - but......... I do think that he has a good heart
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3480060;
    Tanner may be weird - and strange - and off the wall - but......... I do think that he has a good heart
    I think he does have a good heart and I think he wants to make sure that Jillian has all the facts before she makes important decisions.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3480077;
    I think he does have a good heart and I think he wants to make sure that Jillian has all the facts before she makes important decisions.
    Isn't there a VO in the season preview right before Jillian says "does anyone care enough to tell me who these people are?" where someone says something like " he said that he was he here to be the next bachelor" or something like that. I wonder if this is in addition to the gf guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3480099;
    Isn't there a VO in the season preview right before Jillian says "does anyone care enough to tell me who these people are?" where someone says something like " he said that he was he here to be the next bachelor" or something like that. I wonder if this is in addition to the gf guys.
    Wes brings up the bachelor thing in Austin. I think he's talking about Jake. Not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3480060;
    I do as well.