Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by catback;3533833;
    How many others thought the whole Jake/Wes thing was scripted? My husband does not watch this show but he saw the part where Jake comes in to rat Wes out and said it looked like a bad scene from a soap! I thought that was just about as fake as when Ed comes back. That was terrible....I can't wait to see how CH is going to spin this one on his blog...

Oh, by the way, I think I love Micheal now! I loved his family. I guess I was expecting this small apartment in NY City with 7 people living under one roof...very cute family.
    I totally agree that the whole thing with Jake played out like something you would see on the Daytime Soaps. Completely unbelievable to me. Jake making that call to Tanner AFTER he got to Austin was ridiculous since both he and Tanner live in Dallas. You'd think that he would have called Tanner BEFORE he left Dallas to fly to Austin. And why was Jake crying on the balcony afterwards? So much of it looked like a bad script.

FORT Fanatic

So when are the pics of the girlfriend going to show up?? Wes might have to 'release' them himself if nobody else does!!

Jake certainly sounded scripted with Jillian, but then again, he sounded scripted in the episode before, where he was pouring his heart out to her. Jake seems like a very nice guy, but he also is a pretty stiff guy. The whole trip had to be orchestrated by TPTB, but I suspect Jake's words were his own.

We've all seen "this" guy... a player and a snake. The guy that we *want* so badly to believe, while our gut is screaming "Run!". Every facial expression and pore on his body oozed guilt and misrepresentation.

... smarmy.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3534498;
    We've all seen "this" guy... a player and a snake. The guy that we *want* so badly to believe, while our gut is screaming "Run!". Every facial expression and pore on his body oozed guilt and misrepresentation.

... smarmy.
    Well that's what TPTB and the editors want.

I am really beginning to believe that from day one Wes was Jillian's pick - and since he didn't fit TPTB's agenda of who THEY wanted - they created this over-the-top edit.

What was the point of 40 minutes worth of air time devoted to him otherwise? Either he's the F1 - or they were doing everything in their power to get her to change her mind.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3534498;

... smarmy.
    Yup. His friends and relatives can claim bad edit until the cows come home but the stuff we see, that's not edited, doesn't put him in a very good light. His beady eyes shift, he sneers, he coughs and chokes on his lies, blames the girl for not believing him, immediately goes into nasty insult mode to Jake, gives Jillian a hard time and bullies her, and just doesn't present himself as a likable young man. I can understand his fans getting all worked up by some of the slicing and dicing that's been done but it's done for every single person on the show. Wes is not being victimized. He's being revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3534525;
    Wes is not being victimized. He's being revealed.
    I could say horrible things about just about every other contestant on this show but I don't make a point to do that. I think people like to dump on Wes because they are so disappointed their favorites look so bad that they have to find someone to dump on. That way the blaring imperfections of the others won't be noticed so much?
    This space for rent...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3534513;
    What was the point of 40 minutes worth of air time devoted to him otherwise? Either he's the F1 - or they were doing everything in their power to get her to change her mind.
    Maybe I don't understand the production schedule, but how would giving 40 minutes air time to to the Wes situation influence Jillian? Her decision was already made when the show aired. She's not watching the show to help her make up her mind who to pick. If you're referring to the whole fiasco of bringing Jake back to talk to her and Wes, we don't know how much time that actually took, but all the HTDs consumed a lot more time than what we saw, so the time for each guy could have been equal, even with the Wes-Jake confrontation and her subsequent talk with Wes.

But they didn't make it equal, did they?
    This space for rent...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3534533;
    I could say horrible things about just about every other contestant on this show but I don't make a point to do that. I think people like to dump on Wes because they are so disappointed their favorites look so bad that they have to find someone to dump on. That way the blaring imperfections of the others won't be noticed so much?
    I know you're frustrated about Wes' appearance, but really, do you think he came off like an upstanding guy last night? Really? And I'm not talking about the edited VO's that you rightly complain about.

(And no, I'm not at all disappointed in my favorite and I think he's looking terrific. )