Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Thanks PunkyBachelor, I really appreciate your insights and I truly appreciate you coming on here to post. I am curious though, about the connections from Brad to you to Wes...do the producers get to know your friends? Are people (and I mean TPTB not the cast) networking the whole time or are these merely coincidences?

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3531542;
    Good interview with Wes. I actually feel bad for him because you know how many people will change their mind about him? Especially after next week. I feel bad for him. Not many.
    Makes me feel bad for Jill too, considering the number of people posting in all kinds of places thinking she's absolutely crazy for keeping Wes as long as she did, and that she's naive and blind, etc, questioning her judgment, making her look like a ditz. And I feel like the producers are to blame for giving this image of both Wes and Jill, she must be pi$$ed at them!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3531963;
    You have to talk or you are gone. That much is certain. Beware of things you hear in voice overs, those are often three or four conversations over the course of the entire season pieced together for dramatic effect! They will often remove a "not" or a "don't" to give the sentence the opposite meaning than you intended like for instance, "I don't think I'm in love with _______ after spending only five minutes with her" becomes "I think I'm in love with ________ after spending only five minutes with her". Or it becomes "I'm in love with ______" and they play that during a strange look the guy is giving the girl right after meeting her in order to start the stalker edit.

After "playing the game" with the producers for a few weeks you start to catch on, but by then they already have hundreds of hours of audio/video of you that they can piece together to make you look/sound like either the unabomber or Pope Benedict XVII. I did my best not to give them usuable soundbites and I never spoke badly about the guys. If I ever (did even in jest), I made sure to put a name to my comment so they couldn't use it against Graham or someone else that they were constantly trying to get me to bad mouth.
    Kip must have a different contract then

Punky, thanks for reaffirming what many of us on FORT already know.

It seems to me that TPTB liked Wes a lot less as a "good guy" than Jillian herself did. I'll be interested to see how TPTB orchestrate the story of her rejection of him.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3532003 View Post
    Kip must have a different contract then
    Yeah what's the deal with him? I think he has the least amount of talking going on. Unless he just talks about things that nobody cares so they can't even find a way to edit him interesting. He bores me with the little edit we do get.

You have to talk or you are gone. That much is certain. Beware of things you hear in voice overs, those are often three or four conversations over the course of the entire season pieced together for dramatic effect! They will often remove a "not" or a "don't" to give the sentence the opposite meaning than you intended like for instance, "I don't think I'm in love with _______ after spending only five minutes with her" becomes "I think I'm in love with ________ after spending only five minutes with her". Or it becomes "I'm in love with ______" and they play that during a strange look the guy is giving the girl right after meeting her in order to start the stalker edit.

After "playing the game" with the producers for a few weeks you start to catch on, but by then they already have hundreds of hours of audio/video of you that they can piece together to make you look/sound like either the unabomber or Pope Benedict XVII. I did my best not to give them usuable soundbites and I never spoke badly about the guys. If I ever (did even in jest), I made sure to put a name to my comment so they couldn't use it against Graham or someone else that they were constantly trying to get me to bad mouth.
    Thx for the input Punky.

This just back-ups what I am always trying to tell people...they are not "re-telling" the story they are CREATING the story. Contrary to what a lot of people would like to think, this isn't about love for TPTB. They aren't noble little cupids running around trying to bring true love. They are vicious businessmen who chew people up and spit them out. Don't expect anything less.

I had hoped from the very beginning that Wes wasn't a pawn, but a participant. I had hoped that he had entered into a mutually beneficial agreement to play the villain in exchange for promotion. If this isn't the case I really hope Wes gets the last laugh and goes on to have much success.

I seriously doubt that Wes ever thought that by him passionately talking to the producers about his music - what inspired him, how he wrote it - that they would turn around and make him look so maniacal in that PI of him. In his radio interview with KIXS Wes said that when he saw how they used the edited version of that conversaion in the PI it made him want to fall to his knees.

So, as you have already stated, the producers can and will use whatever soundbites you give them to paint the picture they want. We hear and see exactly what the producers want us to hear and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3532221;
    I seriously doubt that Wes ever thought that by him passionately talking to the producers about his music - what inspired him, how he wrote it - that they would turn around and make him look so maniacal in that PI of him. In his radio interview with KIXS Wes said that when he saw how they used the edited version of that conversaion in the PI it made him want to fall to his knees.

So, as you have already stated, the producers can and will use whatever soundbites you give them to paint the picture they want. We hear and see exactly what the producers want us to hear and see.
    How did he explain the "i'll always have Jill wrapped around my little finger"? (if he did)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3532265;
    How did he explain the "i'll always have Jill wrapped around my little finger"? (if he did)
    I wouldn't be surprised if he said that about his mom or sister or something along those lines and just added Jill's name to it honestly. I think he is a good guy as well as Reid and seems like they are throwing both of them under the bus. Wes is a bad guy; Reid is neurotic....they're just putting them in roles.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3532276;
    I wouldn't be surprised if he said that about his mom or sister or something along those lines and just added Jill's name to it honestly. I think he is a good guy as well as Reid and seems like they are throwing both of them under the bus. Wes is a bad guy; Reid is neurotic....they're just putting them in roles.
    Although I think Wes may not be as bad of a guy as the edits, I don't think saying that he has his mom or sister is wrapped around his little finger is any better than. That just seems a little too controlling.