Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3530902;
    I posted it there first. And people are talking about it there, too.

Yes, he does talk about his edit, and also how several are editted as roles and he mentions a couple other guys' "roles".

The best things about this interview (to me) is his sincerity and openness, and I didn't notice any hesitations before his answers.

And also, to the non-Wes fans, Jillian's song is not even on his new CD. I do believe that he wrote it about her, during filming.
    I did see it over on the Media Spoiler thread. I also thought that he seemed sincere and gave us some insight into those questionable conversations his edit is showing us. I hope people will listen to the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3531183;
    From the media thread:
    Wes knew that they do this. He's friends with Jeremy. He knew, or should have known better. Some of the things were , I am sure, cut and paste Frankenbites. But some of it was his own doing. He should have stayed away from the alcohol and watched his mouth. I think that's basically what Trista said. They cant edit what you dont give them. So admitting the truth and saying "I came here to sell cd's" while tacking on "but now I have feelings for the girl" is just plain stupid. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    As I have repeatley said, they can take three words and make it what they want. The only way they can't, is if you don't speak at all (and even then who knows) and they certainly aren't going to allow you to be on the show and keep silent...not going to happy with Fliess.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3531183;
    From the media thread:
    Wes knew that they do this. He's friends with Jeremy. He knew, or should have known better. Some of the things were , I am sure, cut and paste Frankenbites. But some of it was his own doing. He should have stayed away from the alcohol and watched his mouth. I think that's basically what Trista said. They cant edit what you dont give them. So admitting the truth and saying "I came here to sell cd's" while tacking on "but now I have feelings for the girl" is just plain stupid. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    My take after listening to that interview was this. The guy doing the interview asked Wes flat out whether he was or was not interested in Jiliian and even quoted the conversation from the group date. Wes' answer to ME didn't sound like he was just tacking on "but I have feelings for the girl". It simply sounded like he was expounding on the conversation to tell us what he actually said - in length.

Did you listen the the interview and get that impression?

FORT Regular

From a conversation I had with Wes on Facebook the other day. I'm not sure he'd want me to post the entire thing but this here made me feel really bad for the guy.

Boy, I have to admit, this has been a very very tough week for me. And with next week coming up.......................... I think things are going to turn tougher. I have had hundreds and hundreds of positive fans tell me not to listen to the negatives, and I am trying to do that, but I AM human. You have no idea what it feels like to think that thousands and thousands of people hate you for really no reason other than what they see me as on TV. I have always thought of myself as a gentleman, maybe a little wild sometimes, but always a gentleman. And it is frustrating to know others don't know the real deal. My Manager tells me NOT to respond to any of this, and to let it get to me, but that is impossible when you know the truth. Next week when my tour starts maybe I will stay busy and keep my mind off of all of this.

I've also spoken to Wes on Facebook and MySpace and he has tried to be resilient about the edit. I don't want this to sound like he and I are "buddies" ...it's been just a couple of short messages. I have found him to be extremely respectful, polite and sincere.

I suspect Wes is just an open, talkative person and they ran with it ...
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Regular

Yes, I also get the impression he's very nice and just a normal kind of guy that got in over his head on that show, not realizing just how this was going to turn out. He's trying to take it in stride but it can't be easy.

Hope I didn't give the impression I'm buddies with him either, he's just very open and responsive on Facebook. I like that he always responds to his messages.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshopgrl;3531399;

Hope I didn't give the impression I'm buddies with him either, he's just very open and responsive on Facebook. I like that he always responds to his messages.
    Oh no - you didn't give that impression to me. I only added it because I know how fast people jump on things on this board lately. I don't have any insider knowledge, I don't know him personally - I've just come to like him despite the edit he has been saddled with!

BTW, I just got to listen to the radio interview - VERY interesting. I hope some of the nay-sayers get to listen to it.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by photoshopgrl;3531323;
    From a conversation I had with Wes on Facebook the other day. I'm not sure he'd want me to post the entire thing but this here made me feel really bad for the guy.
    Thanks for the info about Wes, photoshopgirl and ThePhantomsGirl. I'm glad to hear he is trying to fight the negativity that is being thrown at him! Through all of the editing on the show, his kindness and manners have always shone through to me!

Good interview with Wes. I actually feel bad for him because you know how many people will change their mind about him? Especially after next week. I feel bad for him. Not many.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3531203;
    As I have repeatley said, they can take three words and make it what they want. The only way they can't, is if you don't speak at all (and even then who knows) and they certainly aren't going to allow you to be on the show and keep silent...not going to happy with Fliess.
    You have to talk or you are gone. That much is certain. Beware of things you hear in voice overs, those are often three or four conversations over the course of the entire season pieced together for dramatic effect! They will often remove a "not" or a "don't" to give the sentence the opposite meaning than you intended like for instance, "I don't think I'm in love with _______ after spending only five minutes with her" becomes "I think I'm in love with ________ after spending only five minutes with her". Or it becomes "I'm in love with ______" and they play that during a strange look the guy is giving the girl right after meeting her in order to start the stalker edit.

After "playing the game" with the producers for a few weeks you start to catch on, but by then they already have hundreds of hours of audio/video of you that they can piece together to make you look/sound like either the unabomber or Pope Benedict XVII. I did my best not to give them usuable soundbites and I never spoke badly about the guys. If I ever (did even in jest), I made sure to put a name to my comment so they couldn't use it against Graham or someone else that they were constantly trying to get me to bad mouth.