Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3530379;
    Wes was really portrayed in such a way to be hated by the audience. I for one have re-evaluated my opinion of him. My opinion is, things are not what they seem to be.
    He signed up for this & played the Villian part, so I figure he's fair game.

I don't like Wes's TV character at all, just like the producers don't want me to.

Who knows what the real guy is like. He could be a great guy just playing the part the producers are encouraging him to.
    So he didn't sign up for true love. He signed up for TV exposure. So what? If his career gets a big boost from this, then it worked.

I'm looking forward to the Men Tell All to get a better glimpse of the real guy.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3530770;
    That was a great answer for sure!
    Didn't he say that we would see that everything turns out alright in the end? That was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3530799;

I don't like Wes's TV character at all, just like the producers don't want me to.

Who knows what the real guy is like. He could be a great guy just playing the part the producers are encouraging him to.
    So he didn't sign up for true love. He signed up for TV exposure. So what? If his career gets a big boost from this, then it worked.

I'm looking forward to the Men Tell All to get a better glimpse of the real guy.
    I don't have a dog in the fight, but might be helpful to listen to Wes' KIXS-FM radio interview.

Most noticeable to me is the account from the poster who claimed to have heard it live is 180 degrees different from what he actually said during the interview.

I PM'd you a direct link.

To find it from the kixs.com web site, hover over the On Air Staff pull down menu and select J.R. The audio link is to Wes's interview is right below the Michael Jackson 911 call, and titled, JR interviews Wes Hayden from "The Bachelorette".

FORT Fanatic

I don't think he played the villian, I think he was PORTRAYED as the Villian with all the cut and editing.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3530757;
    I don't think this was posted here yet.

KIXS Interview with Wes (audio only)

Scroll down to find it.

It's a good interview and Wes sounds great (calm, happy)!
    Can you move this over to the Media Spoilers thread too? Not a lot of people come over to Wes' thread. This was a good interview. He spoke a lot about the edit - gave some specific examples as to how the edit made it sound totally different from what he actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3530853;
    Can you move this over to the Media Spoilers thread too? Not a lot of people come over to Wes' thread. This was a good interview. He spoke a lot about the edit - gave some specific examples as to how the edit made it sound totally different from what he actually said.
    I posted it there first. And people are talking about it there, too.

Yes, he does talk about his edit, and also how several are editted as roles and he mentions a couple other guys' "roles".

The best things about this interview (to me) is his sincerity and openness, and I didn't notice any hesitations before his answers.

And also, to the non-Wes fans, Jillian's song is not even on his new CD. I do believe that he wrote it about her, during filming.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

So did Jake make up the whole GF thing or was he a pawn for TPTB?
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

They control the MTA edit, they can edit the hell out of anything Wes says and make him sound like a total jerk. They might show him protesting the edit was off, but then they'll edit everything else he says to discredit that claim.

The MTA taping lasts for hours, they edit it down to 42 minutes of air time. Chris could spend an hour talking to Wes in the hot seat and we might see 5 minutes of it.

Hopefully FORTers who attend the MTA take good mental notes.

FORT Fogey

In the version I listened to, he is asked about his feelings toward Jillian and he says, "I_____ feelings for Jillian." That missing word is the verb have or had but it sounded as though it was cut from the interview. I wonder because I really wanted to know the tense of that verb and the word is just gone.

From the media thread:
    One of the things that Wes addressed was the conversation with the guys on last weeks group date where we heard Wes say "I've already been here for six shows, got some exposure on national tv, can haul ass, etc. etc. He said that if we had heard the whole conversation and not the edited one, we would have heard him express at the end that he did want to stay around because he did have genuine feelings for Jillian and was interested in seeing where it might go. His exact words were: "I was definitely there for Jillian."

He was being pretty open and spoke quite a bit on how some of the things he said (even giving other examples) were taken out of context and we only got bits and pieces of the conversations. It was very interesting.
    Wes knew that they do this. He's friends with Jeremy. He knew, or should have known better. Some of the things were , I am sure, cut and paste Frankenbites. But some of it was his own doing. He should have stayed away from the alcohol and watched his mouth. I think that's basically what Trista said. They cant edit what you dont give them. So admitting the truth and saying "I came here to sell cd's" while tacking on "but now I have feelings for the girl" is just plain stupid. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.