Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3525120;
    I KNEW IT!!! And I had posted my perception about how they probably got that spliced/diced fame/publicity answer! (yay me!)

I don't know if anyone noticed, but one time it was "publicity", and another time it was "fame" (most recently, "fame"), with the rest of it being the same. Proof (as if we needed any) of the splicing/dicing going on.

Gosh, I wish I could hear that interview. Thank you so much for bringing over the recap!
    I listened to an interview this morning and Wes was really portrayed in such a way to be hated by the audience. I for one have re-evaluated my opinion of him. Fleiss might like his portrayal of Wes, but as for me Fleiss as usual is editing and dicing the show to portray characters the way he wants. So Wes is now the hated one and some of the others are the "golden ones".

My opinion is, things are not what they seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3530379;
    I listened to an interview this morning and Wes was really portrayed in such a way to be hated by the audience. I for one have re-evaluated my opinion of him. Fleiss might like his portrayal of Wes, but as for me Fleiss as usual is editing and dicing the show to portray characters the way he wants. So Wes is now the hated one and some of the others are the "golden ones".

I have re-evaluated my opinion of him too. I am beginning to wam up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3530379;

Quote Originally Posted by Tess
    I have re-evaluated my opinion of him too. I am beginning to wam up to him.
    It's so nice to hear you both say that. The thing that bothers me is that the general viewing audience probably doesn't know about the splicing/dicing that goes on. Then again, most people probably don't consider "reality shows" to be reality-based.

I took an instant liking to Wes, and that was coming in at episode 5 (partial viewing) and then episode 6 in full. Maybe I'm a bit intuitive, plus all the reading about edits (starting with DeAnna's season) here at FORT helped me understand "the process". I saw through Wes' edit immediately. And I did go back and watch episodes 2-5 in full (still have to find the premiere to watch).

His writing and music: I love it, and I consider myself to be very picky about music. But, of course, it is a matter of personal taste and what each person likes (or doesn't like). I'm not a mainstream country fan either (except for Dwight and Toby), so that says something!

Not to gush on too long, but I love his speaking voice AND his singing voice. And his scenes with Jillian were all so very sweet (so far). I am looking forward to tomorrow's episode (and the next) with bittersweetness because after #8, he'll be gone. I'd love to have him back in the finale but not if they are going to humiliate or chop him up.

I'm hoping to go hear him play live, and if/when I do, I will report back about it.

For those willing...go back and watch the episodes again in order, with the Fleiss-edit in mind...you may see what he/they did to Wes.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 06-28-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: clarity
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Wes is the "molly" of this season, in that sleuthers have 100% overlooked his role in the season because the edit and screencaps and leaks did not initially identify as anyone but a Short Termer there to promote himself, and in so doing, missed the essential Narrative of the Story.

The "missed" storyline is that Jillian liked him, sincerely, for all his "flaws" as edited.

No clue whether / why he would have returned her affection, but I have come to 100% accept that he was in her top 2-3 picks heading to Barcelona notwithstanding all the trash talk.

I'm sure producers half put Tanner and Jake and others up to the trash talk on camera, so they could edit Wes as the Bad Guy. They didn't like or trust him or whatever, but Jillian seems to have been immune to such attacks, and liked him anyway.

Jillian's Fans should give her the benefit of the doubt, I suppose, by trying to imagine that she saw good qualities in Wes.

I think it's possible that Wes was her top choice. Or that she liked Ed and Wes, and when Ed left, Wes moved up he ladder to top choice. Then, because the producers saw a trainwreck in the making, they got Tanner, Jake and the editors to throw Wes under the bus, and they convinced Ed to come back.

If that's true, then I think it's highly possible that Wes is the one to come back and propose. If you think about her interviews it'd explain her thinking the public would think she's crazy but in the end she makes the sensible choice...pick Ed, and see where it goes.

No fairytale ending, but enough chemistry to give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3530599;
    Wes is the "molly" of this season, in that sleuthers have 100% overlooked his role in the season because the edit and screencaps and leaks did not initially identify as anyone but a Short Termer there to promote himself, and in so doing, missed the essential Narrative of the Story.

The "missed" storyline is that Jillian liked him, sincerely, for all his "flaws" as edited.

No clue whether / why he would have returned her affection, but I have come to 100% accept that he was in her top 2-3 picks heading to Barcelona notwithstanding all the trash talk.

I'm sure producers half put Tanner and Jake and others up to the trash talk on camera, so they could edit Wes as the Bad Guy. They didn't like or trust him or whatever, but Jillian seems to have been immune to such attacks, and liked him anyway.

Jillian's Fans should give her the benefit of the doubt, I suppose, by trying to imagine that she saw good qualities in Wes.
    Sadly Wes' reputation and character have taken a terrible hit, and the majority of the viewing public will never see or hear anything that will change their opinion of him. I don't know Wes, as most of us don't. I have no solid proof other than what I have heard or read as to what his true intentions were or whether or not he had a girlfriend when he came on the show. It is all hearsay at this point.

Even if he came on this show with the hopes of getting some national exposure for his career, that in itself doesn't make him an evil person. Fleiss and company can take credit for that by their edited portrayal of Wes. I am glad to see that some of the seasoned sluethers here on this board are beginning to speak out and are willing to give Wes the benefit of the doubt.

TwoStepper mentioned in her comment (#313) that a lot of people believed that a poster by the name of Dakoto1215 who posted earlier before the season even began was referring to Wes in her posts, which TwoStepper claims is not true. I believe that Dakota said that her friend was going to have a date where there would be country western dancing involved (Jake's 1 on 1?) and that her friend was not there for the right reason. It has also been rumored that Jake is a hired actor, and someone said the Jake did appear on that tv show starring Chuck Norris when he was younger.

So, given the fact that Jake is "playing" such a big role in taking down Wes, I have started to believe that Jake is the one that Dakota may have been talking about. Jake claims to be Wes' friend. They are both from Texas, so they naturally would hang out together and talk. IF Jake WAS a hired actor to be Wes' nemesis in the producers storyline, what better way to get vital information from Wes than through his friend Jake?

I don't think this was posted here yet.

KIXS Interview with Wes (audio only)

Scroll down to find it.

It's a good interview and Wes sounds great (calm, happy)!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

That was a good interview. I listened to some of his music the other day. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3530759;
    That was a good interview. I listened to some of his music the other day. I really enjoyed it.
    I loved how when asked "if you could do it all over again, would you do it again?" and he repeated the question, then said "If I did it again, I would just not talk at all".

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3530766;
    I loved how when asked "if you could do it all over again, would you do it again?" and he repeated the question, then said "If I did it again, I would just not talk at all".
    That was a great answer for sure!