Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

It's almost sad that in Tanner's interviews they just keep coming back to Wes. Tanner might as well just say the edit is all BS because if you read between the lines that's what he's saying here:
    ABC Medianet

There is no way Wes is F1, although I can't say for sure he doesn't make it to Hawaii (but don't we have caps of the other 3 in Hawaii? So which one doesn't make it if Wes does?). But Jill said in interviews that Wes was definitely not the best kisser and some other not so flattering things about him (he has issues, she is seeing a side of him that bothers her), and I can't believe she would make these comments if she picked him.

I don't doubt she had a very strong attraction to him and loved being with him, but when it came right down to it, there were too many red flags to choose him over someone more "suitable".

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3524677;
    Wes is getting a horrible edit, to the point of it evidencing producer intent to inflict professional harm on him. The contracts they all sign expressly warn of and allow for that of course.

But what I really want to say, is that the portrayal of Wes is so personal and quite obviously over the top to me (as in they have not shown any of the redeeming qualities that obviously in the real world caused Jillian to attach to him) that it is a bit of a clue to me in and of itself.

I'm wondering whether they aren't "blaming" Wes for a failed show, that is a show where she didn't bounce back in Hawaii or have the time needed to find a suitable mate to stand for a proposal.

I still expect a Happy Ending, because production is hard wired to force that result, but no longer confident that's what unfolded.

The previews are trying to foretell confusion, failure, and deception, not moon, June, spoon romance.

Agreed, and a quite plausible scenario you present. But I'd go further and speculate that the "Happy Ending" she was goaded into was with Wes. One of the favorite themes in Westerns is Cowboy In Black Who Really Has Heart of Gold And Is Saved By The Love Of A Good Woman Whose Love Dresses Him In White.

Until the finale, his counter-narrative--the good things that Jillian says about him on the show and in interviews as the guys say bad things about him--will be working overtime if that is indeed the ending.

As I've said for a while, this girl is boo-hooing so much that I don't believe 5 minutes of anything--even the Most. Romantic. Finale. Ever.--will be enough to make me believe that she's really happily in true love forever. But who knows? She could really and truly be in love with Wes. Yeehaw!

This was mentioned upthread, but Jillian provided some context for letting Jake go and keeping Wes on her last blog.

She explained that she does not see a lot of the behavior that goes on when she's not there and that all of the interactions and conversations she had with him were indicative of a good relationship.

She goes on to say that she is confused by the Wes we all are seeing now, and by what the other guys were saying about him. People will say that she was attracted to his bad boy persona, but it was actually the opposite as around her, Wes was vulnerable, sweet, sincere and caring and that is definitely not the Wes that she is seeing now.

Interesting that those who know Wes agree more with Jillian's perception of him (the unedited version). Someone (TwoStepper, maybe?) mentioned something about Wes loving his animals and I recall Jillian mentioning in an interview (maybe one with Riaz) that the one she ends up with definitely needs to love animals and have a close relationship with his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3528370;
    There is no way Wes is F1, although I can't say for sure he doesn't make it to Hawaii (but don't we have caps of the other 3 in Hawaii? So which one doesn't make it if Wes does?). But Jill said in interviews that Wes was definitely not the best kisser and some other not so flattering things about him (he has issues, she is seeing a side of him that bothers her), and I can't believe she would make these comments if she picked him.

I don't doubt she had a very strong attraction to him and loved being with him, but when it came right down to it, there were too many red flags to choose him over someone more "suitable".
    After listening to Jillian in the preview I really feel like around episode 7 that she had already chosen Wes as her F1. Obviously if she takes Wes to Spain she does not believe Jake about the gf so what don't we see that changes her feelings towards Wes or are wrong and she brings him to the end? I feel like we are missing something or we are seeing people in SCs who are not there.

I just watched episode 5. Did anyone catch what Wes said to Jillian at the RC, after she gave him the last rose? As they were hugging, he said "sorry......." but I couldn't catch the last part, and then "but i'm still here" but I couldn't catch what Jillian said to that.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 06-27-2009 at 12:55 AM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3528791;
    I just watched episode 5. Did anyone catch what Wes said to Jillian at the RC, after she gave him the last rose? As they were hugging, he said "sorry......." but I couldn't catch the last part, and then ".....i'm still here" but I couldn't catch the first part.

he said sorry about Ed but I'm still here.

Ahhhh...thank you both (you have great memories)! I listened to it 3-4 times, even with eyes shut and still couldn't make it out.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I don't know if this has been posted yet here or not. I just listened to an interview Wes did with J.R., a DJ at KIXS radio. I'm not sure if I can post the site so I won't but to tell you that it is the station call letters and the most common suffix for a web site. Go to JR's page under on-air staff.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie1;3530208;
    I don't know if this has been posted yet here or not. I just listened to an interview Wes did with J.R., a DJ at KIXS radio. I'm not sure if I can post the site so I won't but to tell you that it is the station call letters and the most common suffix for a web site. Go to JR's page under on-air staff.
    Thanks Owlie...he sounded really nice. Why couldn't we see that side of him...

I will give Jillian the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Wes from now on. I take everything this show gives me with many grains of salt.

He did confirm that his mom makes it to the HTD (his words) so expect to see his band, his family and his confrontation with Jake on Monday.
    We need not think alike to love alike