Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3527557;
    Aren't people going to be ticked off no matter who she picks? And, does ABC really care if viewers get ticked off? I think that it just gets people talking and riled up. Did ABC think that Jason dumping Melissa on TV was going to give people the warm and fuzzies? I doubt it. Maybe they've figured out that the more unpopular the ending, the more people pay attention. If it's a sappy, happily ever after ending, one that everyone knows is fake anyway, that may be a bigger turn off than drama and a finale that makes people say wtf.

Sadly, I think you may be right. The commercial that CH did before the ATFR in Jason/Melissa season looked like a funeral movie set, and his tone was positively eerie. And they were rewarded with their largest viewing audience in many seasons, if not biggest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3527379;
    If he is F1 I will eat my laptop.Given the edit that he has had,I just don't see how it is possible for him to be F1.
    And if he is, based on the edit they've given him, what in the world does that say about how TPTB feel about Jillian? Doesn't seem likely that (unless they absolutely hate her) they'd edit Wes as they have and then show us Jillian choosing him.

(And I'm talking about the edit, not any personal knowledge about Wes.)
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Does anyone else think that this might be a possibility?
    Wes has a contract stating he stays to the F4, he will get a storyline that spot lights his CD, he will gat to sing on some of the episodes, and he will accept the edit given him because he will be able to defend himself after it's over with no interference from TPTB.
    Jillian has a part...TPTB want her to keep Wes for the drama of his storyline up to and including F4...after that it will be up to her if it goes any further. The acting comes in Spain when no romance happens and she doesn't want to take the chance at cuts him loose!
    Possible? Probable? I'm covering ALL bets!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;3527801;
    Wes has a contract stating he stays to the F4, he will get a storyline that spot lights his CD, he will gat to sing on some of the episodes, and he will accept the edit given him because he will be able to defend himself after it's over with no interference from TPTB.
    Jillian has a part...TPTB want her to keep Wes for the drama of his storyline up to and including F4...after that it will be up to her if it goes any further. The acting comes in Spain when no romance happens and she doesn't want to take the chance at cuts him loose!
    You're most likely right on. And so we see him leave after Spain.

FORT Fogey

I don't know about this guaranteed position business. All the insider information I've ever read says they get to say who stays and who goes. There may be manipulation of the contenders that sort of affects how well it goes with the chooser, but I have a hard time buying anyone gets guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3527756;
    And if he is, based on the edit they've given him, what in the world does that say about how TPTB feel about Jillian? Doesn't seem likely that (unless they absolutely hate her) they'd edit Wes as they have and then show us Jillian choosing him.

(And I'm talking about the edit, not any personal knowledge about Wes.)
    If Wes was Jilly's F1 they would not have edited Wes in the fame hungry way they have edited him so far.They would have edited him in a much more positive light than they have so far.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Regular

I don't get why anyone here has a hard time believing there's no deal with TPTB for Wes to make it so far. From what they show of Jillian and Wes together, I can TOTALLY see why'd she'd keep him. He's charming and sweet and wrote her a song and always comforts her and is a polite southern gentlemen. I'd have booted everyone else before him so far too.

I find that scenario hard to believe because (1) I can't imagine anyone knowingly signing up for the awful edit/storyline that Wes has been given (2) I can't believe that TPTB give him their permission to do the media rounds to defend himself afterwards - that would never happen. First of all keep in mind that there are millions of people that watch this show. Reaching that many people "to defend himself" would be impossible and would also involve Wes revealing a lot of dirty little secrets that TBTB don't want the viewing public to know. They could not care less what happens to Wes after this season is over.

FORT Fan

If you look at the SC showing Wes in the brown suit you'll see what appears to be an orange or peach colored lily beside him which to me says he made it to Hawaii at some point -- either he was the "hardest to let go" and comes to Hawaii to propose to her or he actually made it to F3. I still think there's a chance that Wes is the one -- and I'm not happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by domvan;3528020;
    If you look at the SC showing Wes in the brown suit you'll see what appears to be an orange or peach colored lily beside him which to me says he made it to Hawaii at some point -- either he was the "hardest to let go" and comes to Hawaii to propose to her or he actually made it to F3. I still think there's a chance that Wes is the one -- and I'm not happy about it.
    The post you are talking about can be found here .

But notice the striping/ribbing appears to be running in a different direction, and the SC with the flower in the background was taken from a previous RC.