Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

pbmax I must salute you, because based on that Jillian PI in the ABC sneak peek, Wes was indeed Jillian's favorite! So I now officially think she has crappy taste in men and music Unless of course this is TPTB splicing, dicing, and/or scripting Jillian's PI to make her look like a fool. I don't believe they are above throwing her under the bus either.

To be serious for a sec I realize Jillian actually spent time with these guys and I haven't. But I reserve the right to think I've got better taste than she does

OK I'm not doing too well being serious. One more try: I want to say that I don't dislike Wes because he might've come on a dating show with ulterior motives because I don't see him as much different from others who've done this show. If anything I find Jake's attitude of seeming (unless acting) to really believe in this show more strange.

That having been said I DO dislike that Wes as a musician chose a dating show for his shortcut to the big time. I do have less respect for that decision because if you're really about the music then there's no good reason to go on a dating TV show or any other non-music TV show unless what you're really looking for is fame. Like I said before I wouldn't have had this problem with Wes if he had just gone on Nashville Star instead though I still wouldn't have liked his voice or music. To me that is a not a decision that reflects integrity and that has become the lens through which I've viewed Wes's character.

As far as the girlfriend issue I'd guess it's going to turn out to have been about semantics. I'm constantly surprised by how differently people define the word "girlfriend" or "boyfriend". For some people it means a serious level of commitment beyond just your standard issue dating. I'd guess that would be Wes's definition too which is probably why he could deny having a girlfriend without feeling like he was lying even if he had told Jake about a woman named Laurel who he'd spent time with at home.

But I mainly came back in here to give pbmax her propers
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-25-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3526444;
    There's a new sneak peek at alphabet board where Jake tells Jillian Wes' girlfriend's name is Laurel. Wasn't that Brad's ex's name?

Anyway, there is a scene (discussed above) where Wes is saying someone said they want to be the next bachelor. It's kind of chopped up so you don't know who he is talking about really. I can post a link to a 4 minute season preview that includes that scene. Am I allowed to do that here?
    Yea I saw that. I think Laurel was the name of Brad's girlfriend.

FORT Fan

I actually think that Wes is F1 as much as I would hate to believe that.

I am not sure where I read this, but a poster somewhere said that one of Wes' ex-girlfriends was also in the country music business. Maybe her name is Laurel. And there is always the possibility that he has remained friends with his ex-girlfriends, too.

All I know is Wes' friend, TwoStepper, adamantly states that he does not have a girlfriend - and that his little sister nominated him for the show and would never have done that if he had a girlfriend. TwoStepper isn't just an acquaintance. She is a close friend who seems to know him and his whole family very well.

It's too bad Wes didn't take that taxi back to Austin when he got drunk in Canada. It would have saved him this much embarrassment. Sorry, but he isn't going to become big because of this show.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domvan;3526723;
    I actually think that Wes is F1 as much as I would hate to believe that.
    Well then he has the absolute worst F1 edit in all the history of this crazy show.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3527072;
    Well then he has the absolute worst F1 edit in all the history of this crazy show.
    If he is F1 I will eat my laptop.Given the edit that he has had,I just don't see how it is possible for him to be F1.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

If Jillian really liiked this guy, I hope that the girlfriend rumors were really true and not something made up or forced on her for the sake of a storyline.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3527379;
    If he is F1 I will eat my laptop.Given the edit that he has had,I just don't see how it is possible for him to be F1.
    ITA. I don't see how Jillian could ever show her face in public again if she picks this guy given how he has been portrayed, including the edit that everybody sees the (supposed) truth about him except her. She's already looking a little naive and foolish for keeping him this long. I don't know about eating laptops, but viewers will be throwing objects at their TV sets if Wes is shown as F1.

FORT Fogey

Aren't people going to be ticked off no matter who she picks? And, does ABC really care if viewers get ticked off? I think that it just gets people talking and riled up. Did ABC think that Jason dumping Melissa on TV was going to give people the warm and fuzzies? I doubt it. Maybe they've figured out that the more unpopular the ending, the more people pay attention. If it's a sappy, happily ever after ending, one that everyone knows is fake anyway, that may be a bigger turn off than drama and a finale that makes people say wtf.