Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3525341;
    The thing I feel the most frustrated about is that I don't think they will allow him any redemption. I think they will just hang him out to dry for this. I've thought the edits were obvious from the start, and it's surprising to me that people fall for it. Even before I ever visited forums on the show it was always obvious to me that the show is all cheap edits and splicing.
    Maybe this is why Jillian is SOOOOOOOOOO defensive of Wes in all of her interviews. In watching the show, she sees how badly he has been edited and thrown under the bus. Perhaps to a lesser extent, the same goes for Tanner.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3525300;
    That was my thought last night after writing my long scribe about how she may pick no one after Jake dropped the Wes-girlfriend bomb on her in Austin. His edit is way too one-sided and awful. If Wes is the reason she was unenthusiastic about the rest by the time she got to Hawaii, then they may view him as costing them a lot of extra money to extend the stay on Hawaii, shoot more scenes, change the schedule, etc. It also may be that the showdown in Austin is the reason they decided, hastily, to bring Ed back for the LA HTD rose ceremony. That too would have cost them more money. This may just be ABC's version of payback time for Wes.

I'm wondering what kind of edit he'll get in Barcelona when she sends him home. I've always thought he asks to leave but they won't show it. Jillian in post-show interviews continues to defend Wes and says no one had a girlfriend -- but ABC is running him into the ground with it. I'm almost tempted to buy his CD.
    Except that it looks like the Jake showdown was planned/scripted, and they capitalized upon Tanner P's and then Jake's accusations of Wes having a girlfriend. Drama = ratings; we already know that they go all out to manipulate and manufacture drama.

The drama of someone that the lead seems to favor having a g/f...has it been done before?

And have we ever had a "competitor" crash someone else's HTD before? I know we've had them crashing 1-1 dates before. So it's easy for me to picture TPTB saying "hey! let's have someone show up at a HTD!".

I think that most if not all of the guys were jealous that Wes moved into the mansion first and got that early 1-1 time with Jillian (after getting the 1-1 dinner in the vault). So it probably wasn't too difficult for the manipulators (producers) to find some willing parties (Tanner P and Jake) to muck everything up.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 06-25-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3525189;
    Oh, I doubt it's personal. At least not to them. It probably feels personal to him.
    I agree. To me "personal" implies that the other party actually has an axe to grind with Wes personally - implying that they have some kind of actual feeling toward Wes, whether good or bad. I think for ABC they just consider this as a business deal between them and Wes - pure and simple. It is like that old saying goes...buyer beware.
    Most likely the person at ABC who would have given Wes the headsup probably doesn't even know him personally. ABC couldn't care less about Wes and what happens to him after this season. They are only using him for the drama and as they said...Good TV. It is personal for Wes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;3525239;
    I agree with the bolded part, because I keep wondering what is there angle here. As I have said many times I think she chooses no one and this maybe why they are doing this to him, it will be why she chooses no one. He is the one she fell for but with all the controversy around him and like someone else said, she's not sure she can trust the others. Ed leaving and coming back, Jack keep showing up, just not enough with Kip and Reid.
    I definitely don't think Wes is the one Jillian fell for. Her kisses with him haven't had nearly the passion, feeling, or intensity that her kisses with at least 3 other guys (Kip, Ed, Reid) and arguably 4 (Jesse) have had. The chemistry doesn't seem to be there. I do think she liked Wes though. In one interview she laughingly suggested that it's just because she's a sucker for a country song. IMO she was charmed by the idea of him but not into him romantically.

Jillian in post-show interviews continues to defend Wes and says no one had a girlfriend
    Jillian has defended Wes but not that strongly. She has said multiple times (including on the show itself) that Wes did come on the show to promote his career, and she appeared to say to tvguide.com that he has stuff he needs to figure out. She has also repeatedly asked people to hang in there despite her keeping some bad guys around longer than she should have because she makes a great decision in the end. She used the phrase "bad guys" and I simply don't think she would have done that if she thought that was an unfair way of describing someone like Wes. Either with the benefit of hindsight or because she's selling a storyline (or both), Jillian has framed keeping Wes around as a bad decision.

It also may be that the showdown in Austin is the reason they decided, hastily, to bring Ed back for the LA HTD rose ceremony. That too would have cost them more money. This may just be ABC's version of payback time for Wes.
    This is an interesting idea.

I'm wondering what kind of edit he'll get in Barcelona when she sends him home.
    I've been wondering this too. It seems like they're setting up for a big exhale and "Finally Jillian comes to her senses!!" but sometimes the "villain" gets a softer edit and some redemption when it's his time to go.

I don't know if I believe the exaggeration of Wes's bad side is payback for Jillian deciding on nobody. I figured it was just TPTB doing everything and anything to spice up a season where they struggled to find a TV- and buzz-friendly story in their lead and her supporting cast of males. Ed's dramatic departure and return isn't a story they could really work until the middle of the season but in any case, he didn't strike me as the clear frontrunner at the time (Kip is) so that limited their ability to milk the drama. The Wes story they were able to work from the start so I think they went with it, especially with Wes talking big in his PIs.

Kip said in an interview this week that they can't show what you don't give them so I think he was very, very careful in what he said in his PIs and conversations with the producers. I think Ed was very careful too and that's limited their ability to milk the drama for him. When you sign up for a reality show the only safe and smart strategy is to not give them anything to work with and it seems Wes paid the price for not getting that.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.

FORT Fogey

It could be that they are warned not to say too much about the bad editing. I would think that it conflicts with whatever mystery there is supposed to be about the ending.

That was my thought last night after writing my long scribe about how she may pick no one after Jake dropped the Wes-girlfriend bomb on her in Austin. His edit is way too one-sided and awful. If Wes is the reason she was unenthusiastic about the rest by the time she got to Hawaii, then they may view him as costing them a lot of extra money to extend the stay on Hawaii, shoot more scenes, change the schedule, etc. It also may be that the showdown in Austin is the reason they decided, hastily, to bring Ed back for the LA HTD rose ceremony. That too would have cost them more money. This may just be ABC's version of payback time for Wes.

I'm wondering what kind of edit he'll get in Barcelona when she sends him home. I've always thought he asks to leave but they won't show it. Jillian in post-show interviews continues to defend Wes and says no one had a girlfriend -- but ABC is running him into the ground with it. I'm almost tempted to buy his CD.
    If this is an actual payback for Wes supposedly ruining things for ABC and in the end costing them more money, I am not expecting to see much of Wes' date in Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona isn't even mentioned as one of the cities, is it? What they do choose to show us will probably be highly edited in a negative tone.
    On another note, are the bachelors (namely Wes) able to reach out to Jillian after the show - by phone, e-mail, etc. - in able to clear up some of the misconceptions? Or is that considered breaking their contract?

Yeah that was your post I was reading. I wonder too, will they show him saying he wants to leave, which I believe why Jillian says, if you are the one that I'm suppose to be with, I don't want it to end like this. I also wonder why they didn't show us the scene where Wes was sitting in front of the fireplace and saying right now I'm questioning everyone agenda. I would have liked to have heard that whole conversation. With all of that drama, I would have left, he had been there long enough to promote as some say so he must have really cared about the girl men don't care for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3525387;
    I definitely don't think Wes is the one Jillian fell for. Her kisses with him haven't had nearly the passion, feeling, or intensity that her kisses with at least 3 other guys (Kip, Ed, Reid) and arguably 4 (Jesse) have had. The chemistry doesn't seem to be there. I do think she liked Wes though. In one interview she laughingly suggested that it's just because she's a sucker for a country song. IMO she was charmed by the idea of him but not into him romantically.

Jillian has defended Wes but not that strongly. She has said multiple times (including on the show itself) that Wes did come on the show to promote his career, and she appeared to say to tvguide.com that he has stuff he needs to figure out. She has also repeatedly asked people to hang in there despite her keeping some bad guys around longer than she should have because she makes a great decision in the end. She used the phrase "bad guys" and I simply don't think she would have done that if she thought that was an unfair way of describing someone like Wes. Either with the benefit of hindsight or because she's selling a storyline (or both), Jillian has framed keeping Wes around as a bad decision.

This is an interesting idea.

I've been wondering this too. It seems like they're setting up for a big exhale and "Finally Jillian comes to her senses!!" but sometimes the "villain" gets a softer edit and some redemption when it's his time to go.

I don't know if I believe the exaggeration of Wes's bad side is payback for Jillian deciding on nobody. I figured it was just TPTB doing everything and anything to spice up a season where they struggled to find a TV- and buzz-friendly story in their lead and her supporting cast of males. Ed's dramatic departure and return isn't a story they could really work until the middle of the season but in any case, he didn't strike me as the clear frontrunner at the time (Kip is) so that limited their ability to milk the drama. The Wes story they were able to work from the start so I think they went with it, especially with Wes talking big in his PIs.

Kip said in an interview this week that they can't show what you don't give them so I think he was very, very careful in what he said in his PIs and conversations with the producers. I think Ed was very careful too and that's limited their ability to milk the drama for him. When you sign up for a reality show the only safe and smart strategy is to not give them anything to work with and it seems Wes paid the price for not getting that.
    Well we see things differently, because he's the only one I see anything with. I've watched this show for a long time and realize that they have to suck face with others, that's the nature of the show...keep you guessing. So I tend to look deeper and sometimes you don't have to look deep. Chris even tried to get her to say she was falling in love with Ed but she wouldn't, she said he's one that she likes (not her exact words) but there are some others here that she has a connection with. She has said on several occassion how she feel about Wes, one being the bad boy but she's willing to take a risk. If they show us more of his htd and not just the drama, we shall see even more of her feelings for him. How do we know that she's talking about Wes, as to her coming to her senses, it could be Ed. With him leaving and then coming back. They can take 3 words and make it what they want. Kip is just talking because they didn't give him a bad edit, they could have sliced and diced him if they wanted to but they chose not to as of yet. The only way they don't use your words is if you don't speak and then they would send you packing.

ZG, that is a REALLY interesting hypothesis. It would answer many questions, wouldn't it?!

Like a number of y'all, I think I post in Wes' thread partly to be contrarian. I HATE A HERD!

But kidding aside, I think something is UP. I smell a rat on the Wes Factor. If she is sincerely "into" him as of Episode SEVEN for God's sake, more so than the other 3 slated to go to Spain, it makes perfect sense they would drag Ed back as a consolation prize.

Actual feelings for Wes, followed by delayed realization -- girlfriend, producer sabotage, whatever -- would motivate producers to depart with precedent and bring back Ed.
    \
    And oh oh oh. One other thing, Wes was the target of a PRE-SEASON (as in mid April) whisper campaign in the back-chambers of the boards ... those wildfires are often sparked by production leaks. Production took a strong dislike to him, and starting seeding the clouds pre-season to cause the current SUMMER STORM of viewer hatred of Wes.

That conspiracy works for me.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 06-25-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: adding last idea

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3525698;
    And oh oh oh. One other thing, Wes was the target of a PRE-SEASON (as in mid April) whisper campaign in the back-chambers of the boards ... those wildfires are often sparked by production leaks. Production took a strong dislike to him, and starting seeding the clouds pre-season to cause the current SUMMER STORM of viewer hatred of Wes.

That conspiracy works for me.
    What are the details of production taking "a strong dislike to him"?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!