Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3523819;
    And I gave Wes slack until today when if true he went on radio and blasted his edit (which is fine) but then admitted he was only there for his music career and dissesd Jill ("I never wanted the girl"). That's low, sorry, Hate the editors,but no reason to diss Jill. Or is she a liberal too?
    I've not heard THAT in any of his radio interviews....
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3523418;
    Wes' EDIT is so far off base from the man I've known and seen down and out, sad, happy, shining on the stage, sweet to his sisters/mom, letting little kids come up on stage and letting them strum his precious guitar.
    Without diminishing your beliefs from your experience, can I say that I don't find the Wes you describe to exclude the possible reality of the Wes we're being shown? Wes would not be the first guy whose bad side gets disproportionate representation thanks to whatever combination of his stupidity, big talking, naivete, and alcohol. I still contend that he is at least partially responsible for giving the editors a lot of bad stuff to work with because I don't believe everything was spliced and misrepresented.

I've said before that Wes getting a bad edit is about them showcasing his bad side without balancing it with his good side. It doesn't mean the bad side is fiction, it just means the presentation is unbalanced.

My good buddy/college friend, Cory Morrow, sells merchandise (bumper stickers and t-shirts) that say "Nashville Sucks". At Cory/Pat Green's concerts (Pat's another college bud and Cory's bud) sing Nashville Blues and we all chant: Nashville SUCKS
    Hmmm. Pat Green's gone Nashville with his deal with a major Music Row label, BNA.

I'm copying this post from justaham in the Ed thread:
    Saw on another message board that Wes was on the radio this morning at 10am on 98.1 KAVET and he was saying that the only reason he was on the show was to get the break for his album which is now being made. He also indicated he didn't want the girl.

So now we know that Wes did not make it to F1 or F2.
    I don't know what the message board is but I did some checking and confirmed on the 98.1 KVET web site that Wes was there for an interview this morning because there's a picture of Wes with Bob of Bucky & Bob and what looks like a show producer named Eric Raines. I have not yet been able to find a podcast of that interview however. It's a country radio station in Austin.

I find it hard to believe that Wes would say something like that if for no other reason than it would be digging that hole deeper for himself.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 06-24-2009 at 10:47 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3523863;
    Without diminishing your beliefs from your experience, can I say that I don't find the Wes you describe to exclude the possible reality of the Wes we're being shown? Wes would not be the first guy whose bad side gets disproportionate representation thanks to whatever combination of his stupidity, big talking, naivete, and alcohol. I still contend that he is at least partially responsible for giving the editors a lot of bad stuff to work with because I don't believe everything was spliced and misrepresented.

I've said before that Wes getting a bad edit is about them showcasing his bad side without balancing it with his good side. It doesn't mean the bad side is fiction, it just means the presentation is unbalanced.

Hmmm. Pat Green's gone Nashville with his deal with a major Music Row label, BNA.

I don't know what the message board is but I did some checking and confirmed on the 98.1 KVET web site that Wes was there for an interview this morning because there's a picture of Wes with Bob of Bucky & Bob and what looks like a show producer named Eric Raines. I have not yet been able to find a podcast of that interview however. It's a country radio station in Austin.

I find it hard to believe that Wes would say something like that if for no other reason than it would be digging that hole deeper for himself.
    Especially after he apparently defended himself a little on MS.

FORT Regular

I find it hard to believe that Wes would say something like that if for no other reason than it would be digging that hole deeper for himself.[/QUOTE]

Delete per advise by a friend.
    Last edited by TwoStepper; 06-24-2009 at 11:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3523878;
    Total BUNK and not true.
    What's bunk? the interview, or the liberal bias, or that MF only sees green?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3523883;
    Especially after he apparently defended himself a little on MS.
    What/where is MS? I'd like to read/hear it...
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3524106;
    I have to say that I am not looking foward to the showdown in Austin next week.
    Me neither, because I am convinced it was Fleiss-driven.

But I am greatly looking forward to the rest of the HT date and especially Wes playing live for Jillian!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Jillian said she wanted a "polished hick.".
    No, Jillian said she's a "polished hick".

I'm sure Wes isn't nearly as bad as portrayed on the show but he did seem to run at the mouth a bit too much and gave them a lot to work with. Well if it's true what they say about no publicity being bad publicity maybe it won't hurt him.

Wes is getting a horrible edit, to the point of it evidencing producer intent to inflict professional harm on him. The contracts they all sign expressly warn of and allow for that of course.

But what I really want to say, is that the portrayal of Wes is so personal and quite obviously over the top to me (as in they have not shown any of the redeeming qualities that obviously in the real world caused Jillian to attach to him) that it is a bit of a clue to me in and of itself.

I'm wondering whether they aren't "blaming" Wes for a failed show, that is a show where she didn't bounce back in Hawaii or have the time needed to find a suitable mate to stand for a proposal.

I still expect a Happy Ending, because production is hard wired to force that result, but no longer confident that's what unfolded.

The previews are trying to foretell confusion, failure, and deception, not moon, June, spoon romance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3524023;
    What/where is MS? I'd like to read/hear it...
    It's his MySpace. I didn't read it for myself, but saw several posts here that he indicated bad editing.