Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

One of the only things I can now say about this EDITING of Wes is that they were very, very interested in his profile that he played for G.W. Bush in Austin. The very liberal Hollywood "types" didn't like that and made fun of it during the filming. They asked him lots of questions if he dated Jenna Bush since she went to UT. Five of the Texas guys are getting the EDIT: Sasha took the bus home, Tanner the toe sucker, Jake the stalker and wanna be next Bachelor, Wes the most devious Bachelor in history and Robby left out in the wilderness. See a pattern here?

He was also called and warned, by someone from ABC, about the show that last aired. Wes was told "it would be bad" and he just need to get over it since he signed the contract and it makes good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3523135;
    One of the only things I can now say about this EDITING of Wes is that they were very, very interested in his profile that he played for G.W. Bush in Austin. The very liberal Hollywood "types" didn't like that and made fun of it during the filming. They asked him lots of questions if he dated Jenna Bush since she went to UT. Five of the Texas guys are getting the EDIT: Sasha took the bus home, Tanner the toe sucker, Jake the stalker and wanna be next Bachelor, Wes the most devious Bachelor in history and Robby left out in the wilderness. See a pattern here?

He was also called and warned, by someone from ABC, about the show that last aired. Wes was told "it would be bad" and he just need to get over it since he signed the contract and it makes good TV.
    Interesting. Thanks for your information. I've heard before that participants get a heads-up when an episode that is potentially embarrassing or damaging is about to air.

The Texas guys were clearly cast with Melissa in mind (my opinion), though obviously Wes was cast to go far in a predetermined role.

Hmmmm.

If TPTB expect the general viewing audience (or even the avid viewers) to get the anti-Bush message, they need to go back to the drawing board.

I didn't see the earliest episodes but am catching up.

Next week's will probably be my fave, due to the HTD's (especially Wes').
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3523293;
    Hmmmm.

If TPTB expect the general viewing audience (or even the avid viewers) to get the anti-Bush message, they need to go back to the drawing board.

I didn't see the earliest episodes but am catching up.

Next week's will probably be my fave, due to the HTD's (especially Wes').
    I never talked about the viewing audience. I was talking about the "why" of the EDITS for the Texas men but most especially Wes since he sang for GWB. That was the point. Sorry.

Sort of like:

I've told people here that Wes has no girlfriend, but "others" know more?
    I've told people that Wes is a kind, loving and gentle/soft spoken man, but "others" know more? ...... so............

I could just say fine. "He's a jerk, creep, dirty, vulgar, disgusting man so think what you want, since you know more, but your wrong." Take the first part and EDIT it to say that his old friend said: He's a jerk, creep, dirty, vulgar, disgusting man. See how that works. Wes' EDIT is so far off base from the man I've known and seen down and out, sad, happy, shining on the stage, sweet to his sisters/mom, letting little kids come up on stage and letting them strum his precious guitar.

My good buddy/college friend, Cory Morrow, sells merchandise (bumper stickers and t-shirts) that say "Nashville Sucks". At Cory/Pat Green's concerts (Pat's another college bud and Cory's bud) sing Nashville Blues and we all chant: Nashville SUCKS.

I see a whole new $ venture for Wes: "ABC Sucks" t-shirts/bumper stickers. I'll help get'er done. Promise!
    Last edited by TwoStepper; 06-24-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3508841;
    You didnít ask me, but I hope Iím allowed to answer?

I can just imagine how hard it was to *direct* Wes to do what they wanted and when they wanted. They probably had a huge problem with him and had to ask a 1000 questions to get the response they wanted for their own EDIT. As one example, the EDIT of ďIíll always have Jillian wrapped around my little fingerĒ could be QUESTION was asked: ďIf you could write a song for Ed (insert Kip, Jesse, Jake or Reid here) what would the title be?Ē I guess weíll see, but maybe we wonít. Or I am just wrong? They seem to put stuff on previews that never show up on the show. Odd to me since I have never watched this show before. The EDITS for everyone else is explained away (as I read other threads) but for Wes they are 100% true. Sort of funny how that works!

Heís a quiet and soft spoken guy and is very, very respectful of women. He was raised with 3 sisters, by a loving mom and a very nice aunt that mean the world to him. I am not related to Wes. I am just a friend/fan for about 5-6 years. Iíve seen him on stage and Iíve been at private homes with him along with other friends. He IS the nicest guy with a big talent. Heís well known (by some that follow the Texas Music business) and has been a singer/songwriter for years and years.
    Everything you have said about Wes matches what I have heard from people who know him. I think that sweet side that we have seen of him with Jilly is genuine and sincere. Thanks for including it.

As for edits: this guy has been sliced and diced to his horror and mine! The producers take the guy, and ask him how he writes his music and about the creative process of writing it....... he starts to glow with the passion he feels for music and TPTB chop it up then make something disgusting (fame) spew forth. Thousands of people watch this and believe it and what is the producers response to Wes protest about how they have twisted it all up? "It is only a television show...... get over it!"

That is why I didn't want to get hooked into watching this show again! This new and improved Fleiss/Martin team is outrageous and no one realizes that they are being led like sheep. Well, Fleiss and crew are probably laughing it up at how gullible the viewers are.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook
    Then come the PIs. That's where I think Wes became producer's gold. He likes to talk, and he particularly likes to talk about his music. They asked questions and he babbled out his answers---long, rambling answers, talking about the thing he's most passionate about in his life---and there you have the other edited dialogue that we hear. If you listen to the pauses in his dialogue you can hear where they have cut and spliced---they put a lot of conversations together and they show a lot of reaction shots of guys looking shocked, or exchanging horrified glances, but you only see Wes actually saying a sentence or part of a sentence. When he talks for any length of time on camera it is almost always completely about his music. Whatever they told him going into this show, I think they sold him a bill of goods, because no on in their right mind would knowingly agree to be edited the way he has been edited. I think it is outrageous that they are going to such lengths to make him look so bad. They are not only messing with his image in regard to his future personal life, they are messing with his career potential---it's obscene at this point. I am not saying Wes is a saint, I'm not even saying he didn't come on the show for his music, or that he didn't have a girlfriend---I'm saying that he's getting the worst edit I have ever seen in the history of this show---and that's a pretty significant statement. Was he really foolish and naive to talk as much as he did and give them hours of footage to craft into really compelling, really damning dialogue? Absolutely. Is he really the completely despicable, self-serving, callous, cad they are editing him to be? I sincerely doubt it. JMO, as always.
    I agree with your entire post, but especially this part and feel it is so worth drawing attention to because it is a classic example of what a gold mine the Bachelorette is for the producers. Men in general are less likely to have watched this show, and really know what it is about or what they are getting themselves into. Wes was nominated by his little sister who wanted only the best for the brother she adores and is proud of and Fleiss (the name makes me cringe now) only cares about the drama and viewership.

The fact that women are more aware of this, and still fall victim to the edit is mind-numbing; but at least they know enough to not fall into such a deadly trap. Wes didn't have a clue, spoke freely and passionately.
    Yes, they have included brief mention here and there that he is "falling for the girl" (which probably only about 5 of us actually believe even though it is the truth), but after they aired the stuff they showed last week - who remembers? Even Jillian is now shocked by it.

Hands down - worst edit, biggest scr** over Fleiss has done yet, and I am equally disappointed over it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

And unfortunately Wes has two more episodes coming up that I am sure ABC thinks "will make good TV" too. I have to wonder now if Wes wishes he had never done the show. Will the next episodes be even worse than the last one was? Are you able to answer that?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3523678;
    And unfortunately Wes has two more episodes coming up that I am sure ABC thinks "will make good TV" too. I have to wonder now if Wes wishes he had never done the show. Will the next episodes be even worse than the last one was? Are you able to answer that?
    I really can't say other than keep watching. It does get somewhat better for Wes as the same ole, same ole comes up again. It's sad for Jillian though in Austin and it's all producer driven. I was told that this is when Wes realized that reality TV wasn't "reality." He really had no clue until the HTD in Austin and his friend, Jake, showed up.

Wes/friends/family only have the BEST things to say about Jillian. They all think she was super and a wonderful girl. IF Wes could do a "do over" then NO, he wouldn't do it from what I was told at my baby shower this week.

Jillian said she wanted a "polished hick.". There is nothing about Wes that is polished. That really is sort of funny. He is a down to earth singer/song writer with no pretenses. He's not into the trappings of "Hollywood" or Nashville where you have no choice to who your band members are and you're told where to go and what to sing. He's just a singer/songwriter and nothing more. He's just a basic Texas Red Dirt Music singer/songwriter. Nothing polished or perfect about him.

Everyone stop and think for a minute. His baby sister (K) nominated him for this show. She would never, ever have done that if Wes had a girl friend at home. She loves her Bubba.

ABC SUCKS.

I have long defended Wes. Even in the beginning when I was more in the vein of "not disliking him", I defended him because I felt he was getting the editing shaft. The more I have watched the show, the more I have gone from "not disliking" to all out "he's my favorite". I can see the good side to him. I don't think he's an angel, but I do truly feel he's a good man.

Now, I do not know him personally. He's answered me a few times privately on MySpace and I've found him to be polite and well spoken, and he comes across as sincere.

I'm glad Mike Fleiss thinks he's giving good entertainment. I'll probably not let him "entertain me" again. This season is just too appalling with the bad edits.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoStepper;3523418;
    I never talked about the viewing audience. I was talking about the "why" of the EDITS for the Texas men but most especially Wes since he sang for GWB. That was the point. Sorry.

Sort of like:

I've told people here that Wes has no girlfriend, but "others" know more?
    I've told people that Wes is a kind, loving and gentle/soft spoken man, but "others" know more? ...... so............

I could just say fine. "He's a jerk, creep, dirty, vulgar, disgusting man so think what you want, since you know more, but your wrong." Take the first part and EDIT it to say that his old friend said: He's a jerk, creep, dirty, vulgar, disgusting man. See how that works. Wes' EDIT is so far off base from the man I've known and seen down and out, sad, happy, shining on the stage, sweet to his sisters/mom, letting little kids come up on stage and letting them strum his precious guitar.

My good buddy/college friend, Cory Morrow, sells merchandise (bumper stickers and t-shirts) that say "Nashville Sucks". At Cory/Pat Green's concerts (Pat's another college bud and Cory's bud) sing Nashville Blues and we all chant: Nashville SUCKS.

I see a whole new $ venture for Wes: "ABC Sucks" t-shirts/bumper stickers. I'll help get'er done. Promise!
    I did get your point. Maybe you misunderstood my post; it was pro-Wes and not meant to criticize your post at all.

My point was that if anti-Bush politics were the reason for TPTB edit of Wes (and of course, that would be no excuse, not that there would be any acceptable excuse), I highly doubt that many (any?) viewers will pick up any governmental political message from it. I'm probably not explaining very well.

Until your post, my only consolation about Wes' edit has been that maybe he agreed to play a character/role and it was all with his upfront understanding (yeah, right, this is Fleiss). Guess I'm somewhat of a dreamer...

As far as Jillian goes, I would have thought that she would be much more upset about the horndog comments made by such as Michael and others, and the pot-stirrers, but hey, that's me.

Keep in mind, I've only seen epi 2 and 6 in entirety, so far. I'll be catching up and watching the rest of the new episodes as they air.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

What did they ask him where the weapons of mass destruction were too? Look Wes may have gotten a bad edit, he's not the first...but it's not because he's from Texas or because of "liberal media bias". Sorry, but I can blame Bush for a lot, but for Wes's edit? No. I don't think MF has had a political thought in his life...his party is green, as in dollars.

And I gave Wes slack until today when if true he went on radio and blasted his edit (which is fine) but then admitted he was only there for his music career and dissesd Jill ("I never wanted the girl"). That's low, sorry, Hate the editors,but no reason to diss Jill. Or is she a liberal too?