Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

cheekychook, FYI, my post directly following yours wasn't in response to yours. Obviously, my post is INSANE long, and I was in the process of writing it (and posted it) before I saw yours. We're addressing some of the same machinations at work with production, but just wanted you to know I was having some Wes thoughts of my own before I saw your post. Sorta funny how they coincide in some ways. Agree with MUCH of your post, BTW, which I hope is obvious from my own.
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

From Tristra's Blog:

and on Wes: To fully admit it, though, especially when you know Jillian will see what you are saying at some point down the road, makes me wonder if Wes is incredibly hurtful, extraordinarily selfish, drugged-up, just plain stupid—or all of the above. It also makes me wonder if editing is to blame. Was he finishing his sentences with, "But I've fallen for Jillian and I know now that my music career will be second fiddle," and we just aren't seeing that?
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

FORT Regular

^ I was thinking that after his whole "I've made it to 6 episodes, I can leave now or try and get the girl" and I thought to myself what if they cut off him finishing that with "And of course given how I've begun to feel about the girl, I'm not going anywhere" ........hence his not leaving on his own.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by walooet;3520338;
    Has the meaning for Wes' tattoo that says Bobby 01-05-00 been found? It was clear during the time after she left Robby go.

(we searched a lot of posts but couldn't find anything) Thanks!
    It is his fathers name and the day he passed away....its a tribute to his dad.

FORT Regular

Thanks for that info. That's very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshopgrl;3521720;
    ^ I was thinking that after his whole "I've made it to 6 episodes, I can leave now or try and get the girl" and I thought to myself what if they cut off him finishing that with "And of course given how I've begun to feel about the girl, I'm not going anywhere" ........hence his not leaving on his own.
    I'm sticking with what I posted when that quote was shown in the TV Grapevine preview. IMO Wes was saying that if Jillian kept him around for the HTD, great because she's a cool girl, but if she cut him then thanks for the 6 episodes of publicity and helping his career. But all we heard was the second half of that. It makes it a little better but it's still a toolish thing to say IMO.

I agree with what I took as the main point of what Cheekychook and Victoria posted. Wes may be getting a really bad edit (IMO Tanner's is actually worse though) but out of stupidity, naivete, drunkenness, or some combination of the above he GAVE the editors all these original quotes to work with and he did that multiple times. That's on him.

Jillian said to Chris Harrison before the rose ceremony this week that she believes Wes came on the show to promote his career but that he is genuine with her. Here's where I agree with victoria's perspective: I totally agree that Wes likes her well enough, just as much as other girls he finds attractive, but he's playing to win without the real commitment and that's made me think less of him.

In her blog at People, Jillian asked people to please understand that she doesn't see a lot of the behavior that goes on and she's confused by the difference in the way Wes was with her and what she's seeing now as well as the guys' opinion of him. She sounds disappointed in Wes. I don't think he ever had a chance at top 3 anyway and IMO Jillian found him a safe person to keep around. That was her playing into the producers' hands. That is, if it wasn't already scripted to maximize the drama which it very well may be.

I don't believe Jillian expected to find a H-word on this show, that's why she keep telling Chris easy with that word. I think she did the show to have the experience and have fun. She knows it slim to none finding that on this show. No Jillian isn't stupid, she knows Wes, but she also is wise on the other guys too. She knows what they are up to also. I think we have a battle going on for the bachelor spot not for Jillian heart.

FORT Newbie

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I really think Wes is the shutter guy, with the yellow shirt sleeves rolled up. It's the same guy riding the bicycle.

Then come the PIs. That's where I think Wes became producer's gold. He likes to talk, and he particularly likes to talk about his music. They asked questions and he babbled out his answers---long, rambling answers, talking about the thing he's most passionate about in his life---and there you have the other edited dialogue that we hear. If you listen to the pauses in his dialogue you can hear where they have cut and spliced---they put a lot of conversations together and they show a lot of reaction shots of guys looking shocked, or exchanging horrified glances, but you only see Wes actually saying a sentence or part of a sentence. When he talks for any length of time on camera it is almost always completely about his music. Whatever they told him going into this show, I think they sold him a bill of goods, because no on in their right mind would knowingly agree to be edited the way he has been edited. I think it is outrageous that they are going to such lengths to make him look so bad. They are not only messing with his image in regard to his future personal life, they are messing with his career potential---it's obscene at this point. I am not saying Wes is a saint, I'm not even saying he didn't come on the show for his music, or that he didn't have a girlfriend---I'm saying that he's getting the worst edit I have ever seen in the history of this show---and that's a pretty significant statement. Was he really foolish and naive to talk as much as he did and give them hours of footage to craft into really compelling, really damning dialogue? Absolutely. Is he really the completely despicable, self-serving, callous, cad they are editing him to be? I sincerely doubt it. JMO, as always.
    I don't believe he gave them hours of footage, they just took what they had and made of it what they wanted. It seems to me their more stupid than Wes, because I don't know whether they realize it or not but they got him contradicting himself in a PI, the one where he has on the shirt he is wearing in spain. he says I don't want her to think that's the reason I'm here (in epi 5) then in this past monday preview in the same shirt he's saying the opposite. They can take 3 words and turn it around, the only way for them not to edit you bad at least with words, is not to say any. I noticed too, why the bleeping, because in one instance I could tell he did'nt use profanity...but we got a lot of bleeping.

I agree 100% with what Cheekychook said in her post. I also believe that a whole lot of the awful things that Wes is shown to have said are spliced and diced and most likely were said after having WAY too much to drink. Case in point, in Victoria's comments, she mentioned the conversation that was shown of Wes during the group date where she quoted him saying he would "haul ass" or "stay and get the girl." CH even mentioned in his blog how drunk Wes was that night when telling us that Wes wanted to leave in a cab and go back to Austin that night. It appeared to me that he was stumbling drunk in that scene as he got up to leave the room. This does not mean that being drunk automatically excuses his behavior - just that much of our perception of Wes's character is being gleaned through HOW he is being edited. Since we will never know the real truth here, I do feel sorry for Wes for the way he is being edited and hope that his music career isn't completely ruined.

On the other hand, I agree with Victoria that if he went on a dating show in order to ONLY further his career and had no interest in finding a potential mate, then that wasn't fair for Jillian. But I have to also believe that Jillian went into this with her eyes wide open. Having been part of Jason's season, you would have to think that she got to see first hand some the workings behind the scenes. Not everyone who goes on the TB goes there for the purpose of finding true love. Some are there for the hope of finding that one person, and some are there simply for the ride and all the fun adventures. Maybe Jillian was fooled by Wes, or maybe she just kept him around for some other reasons. We may never know which it was unless we hear it and see it directly (and unedited) straight from her lips, which I highly doubt.