Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

About Wes and the girlfriend:

TwoStepper, who has known Wes for many years and socializes with him, says "no girlfriend"!!!!! Who would you believe in the real world - her or someone who is a contestant on a highly edited reality dating show produced by someone named Fleiss?

I believe that Tanner stated "that he knew for a fact that Wes has a girlfriend." In other PI's he seems to back track a little, and we don't hear him ever say that Wes looked him in the eyes and said that he had a girlfriend. Could it be possible that the information came to Tanner not from Wes but second hand through Jake?

My problem with Jake and the girlfriend issue is that you would think that Jake, whose editing is definitely a "good guy", had ample opportunity between Epis 1 - 5 to take Jillian aside and enlighten her with this information. During the RC where he spoke out so eloquently about "being there to find love" - did he know about the girlfriend then? There is no doubt about one thing, though. His return looks very scripted, right down to the PI of him talking on the phone to someone about calling out Wes. It is probably CH on the other end of that line. If Jake does show up at the RC after the HTDs in addition to crashing Wes' HTD in Austin, I will be convinced that his role on this show was definitely scripted. And maybe, just maybe, Wes was SETUP as the villian by TPTB to complete this year's theme of "the good versus the bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3519071;

TwoStepper, who has known Wes for many years and socializes with him, says "no girlfriend"!!!!! Who would you believe in the real world - her or someone who is a contestant on a highly edited reality dating show produced by someone named Fleiss?

I believe that Tanner stated "that he knew for a fact that Wes has a girlfriend." In other PI's he seems to back track a little, and we don't hear him ever say that Wes looked him in the eyes and said that he had a girlfriend. Could it be possible that the information came to Tanner not from Wes but second hand through Jake?

My problem with Jake and the girlfriend issue is that you would think that Jake, whose editing is definitely a "good guy", had ample opportunity between Epis 1 - 5 to take Jillian aside and enlighten her with this information. During the RC where he spoke out so eloquently about "being there to find love" - did he know about the girlfriend then? There is no doubt about one thing, though. His return looks very scripted, right down to the PI of him talking on the phone to someone about calling out Wes. It is probably CH on the other end of that line. If Jake does show up at the RC after the HTDs in addition to crashing Wes' HTD in Austin, I will be convinced that his role on this show was definitely scripted. And maybe, just maybe, Wes was SETUP as the villian by TPTB to complete this year's theme of "the good versus the bad".
    Well, I don't see Jake as 'the good guy' with him coming to rescue Jill from that 'horrible, mean Wes.' It's all a bunch of hooey and a set-up from day 1. I think good-guy Jake has more to hide than Wes.

If Wes is "the one" then why would he have his my space page up and running? Shouldn't it still be down if he is still on the show? Just asking.
    Be mindful of the ball that rolls in your path and the child who may be coming after it. They will not see you because their eyes are on the ball and your eyes should be on the road!

FORT Regular

Okay, all I have to say about Wes is that he is not that bright of a guy if he really said those things on national TV. It could actually hurt his career not boost them.. I believe that he said them but we are not hearing the entire conversation. I don't care for Wes but I believe they are editing him for a huge disaster down the road when he tries to "drop" his album. Any thoughts?

Has the meaning for Wes' tattoo that says Bobby 01-05-00 been found? It was clear during the time after she left Robby go.

(we searched a lot of posts but couldn't find anything) Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3519071;

Go back and watch that again, you don't see Tanner saying that it is Wes, you hear that part in a VO. Notice when he talk about the girlfriend it's in PI but the name is not in PI. I believe there was someone with the gf but it wasn't Wes, I believe it was Ed. Check out, when Tanner was confessing he told Jillian about the gf, how hacked up that was, when Wes is so-called confessing what he's there for, you have Jesse with a shocked look on his face, then you have him sitting around like nothing going on. You have Wes talking about how he feels about a snitch, then he gets up and say something like it's over and done, Tanner nods his head and it looks to me like he is saying thank you. It's always PI's and VO, never just a PI, even when the guys are supposely talking about Wes. I guess a lot of people overlooked the conversation between Jillian and Chris H. So I don't see where as TwoStepper said the "stupid" girl needs to wake up and get rid of Wes. Which is the only one she really want anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3518715;
    I think Wes is indeed a victim of bad editing but has anyone ever tought he set himself up to be?

Hes in the entertainment buisness, 'hes been trying for years' he knows what the industry is like. They will twist your words, find you a character (good or bad) and they will pick you up and drop you like that. I dislike Wes for either the fact hes very dumb or hes very good at acting like the poor victim.

Also has anyone thought Wes is just a plant? I know Jilly has been trustworthy and all but I wonder what she would do if they approached her and said 'theres this guy, hes your type and he wants to promote his records it may not work out but can you keep him around? we will give you 5 extra guys and more dates to sort it out'. If Wes knows some people inside and Jilly is in on it too it would explain why shes happy for Wes in interview.

I'm not bashing Jilly, but you know what happens to the good guys when theyve been fliessed.
    It could be that she knows who the real Wes is. After all she's not getting the slice and dice one. Didn't Chris say it was #1, so it's clear that's what their going for the drama, love wasn't cutting it, drama is what's raising the roof. You can forget about a love story, won't see that no more...not even with Jilly. We're getting drama right to the end, the first of many to come, so there's your sign as to how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3518535;
    Perhaps Jake and Tanner believed it, while it still could not be true.

This show is nuts and it's going beyond entertainment. It's one thing to have a little fun with people, it's another to make people completely different to an extreme. Remember...can't recall her name...she was the woman who got bleeped every two words to make it look like she swore constantly. Now while she did swear, not every other word like they made it appear. They are doing the same this year.

Now, for example I do not get the Reid love. After last night's episode with the editing - I REALLY don't like him. What woman, in her right mind would pick such a neurotic man with obvious mental health issues? See? While I do think he's neurotic and weird - I don't think he's as weird as they edited him.

And Jake. If he keeps showing up like he supposedly does in S/C and maybe at the FRC - Jillian is WELL rid of him. Can you say stalker? Can you say obsessive? The kind of guy any woman needs a restraining order against? (can you say editing AND scripting....)

Wes may not be an angel, but I don't think he's as evil as he's being edited.
    That's interesting because after last nights episode, I like him even more. I don't mind neurotic. In fact, I think it's cute. I'm neurotic myself anyway. As far as what's-her-face from Jason's season, I don't believe her in her interviews. I think she was every bit of foul mouthed and b****y as she was shown to be. Why do I think that? I listened to her interview with RS and she was just hateful and nasty the entire time. As far as Wes' edit; while I agree that the one scene when he was taking with the guys was chopped up, the things he was saying (and later on in the episode) were not positive regardless of the context. He said what he said and that cannot be edited. I think that it's possible that he could be a producer plant but I haven't decided if Jillian is in on it or not. I hope so because that would be really sleazy of the producers and Wes if she isn't. Although if she is, I'm not going to be all that impressed with her either. I hate that kind of deceitfulness. Having fun with people is one thing (ie. Punk'd) but on a show like this where people's feelings and emotions are involved is just wrong
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I just re-watched this week's episode and I have to say that the edit they have given Wes is not only bad in terms of how it makes him look, it is bad in terms of technique. If you watch the segments where they make it seem that Wes is going on about how he's just there for his music, and you pay attention to when he is shown saying the words vs. what is in voiceover, it is really obvious that what is being said is very spliced and diced. His edit has been so over the top bad since the beginning that I always figured he was being edited into the "bad boy/jerk" role, but this week's scenes were so noticeable that I took a closer look.

I think Wes probably initially went on the show thinking that any publicity was good publicity. He was probably somewhat (if not very) naive to the fact that they take dramatic liberties with the edit in the name of the "story". Particularly if he was offered some sort of deal where he was guaranteed to go pretty far he could easily have assumed that he'd get a good edit---it's not much of a leap to rationalize "hey, if I make it to the final 4 then they must make me look like a decent guy". That's a reasonable assumption to make if you don't know what tptb are capable of doing; the final 4 usually do look like decent human beings.

In reality (haha), of course, tptb had other plans for him and his edit. He had the built in doubt about his "reason" for being on the show because of his music career. The fact that Jillian said she has a history of liking the bad boys, and that her weakness is country music, made it perfect for him to be "that guy". I don't know where the girlfriend storyline originated, but my guess would be that a few of the guys did say stuff that lead other guys to believe that they had girlfriends. We all know that the guys spend long hours together, and we all know the booze is free flowing, and that that is done to encourage the guys to loosen up and chat. My guess is that Wes has a rambling, babbling nature to begin with, that he likes to shoot the ^(&$ with the guys, and that he becomes even more chatty when he's had some (several) drinks---hey, who doesn't? I have known plenty of musicians through the years, and most of them are used to long, late nights, having drinks and telling tales. So, you have a bunch of guys, hanging out, bored, drinking, talking---of course he brought up his career, of course they talked about women, most of them probably bragged about girls---there you have a good portion of the dialogue Wes has been edited to say. That's probably also where Tanner and Jake got the idea that he had a girlfriend---he probably said something that made them think that, bragged about a gal at home or a gal on the road or whatever---and the rest took off from there. If either Tanner or Jake heard something that made them think that and the producers decided to run with that story line it wouldn't be difficult for them to be a little voice in Tanner and Jake's ears whispering "do the right thing, tell her!"---it makes it a lot easier to do something that's hard to do when someone is convincing you that it's for the "right reason."

Then come the PIs. That's where I think Wes became producer's gold. He likes to talk, and he particularly likes to talk about his music. They asked questions and he babbled out his answers---long, rambling answers, talking about the thing he's most passionate about in his life---and there you have the other edited dialogue that we hear. If you listen to the pauses in his dialogue you can hear where they have cut and spliced---they put a lot of conversations together and they show a lot of reaction shots of guys looking shocked, or exchanging horrified glances, but you only see Wes actually saying a sentence or part of a sentence. When he talks for any length of time on camera it is almost always completely about his music. Whatever they told him going into this show, I think they sold him a bill of goods, because no on in their right mind would knowingly agree to be edited the way he has been edited. I think it is outrageous that they are going to such lengths to make him look so bad. They are not only messing with his image in regard to his future personal life, they are messing with his career potential---it's obscene at this point. I am not saying Wes is a saint, I'm not even saying he didn't come on the show for his music, or that he didn't have a girlfriend---I'm saying that he's getting the worst edit I have ever seen in the history of this show---and that's a pretty significant statement. Was he really foolish and naive to talk as much as he did and give them hours of footage to craft into really compelling, really damning dialogue? Absolutely. Is he really the completely despicable, self-serving, callous, cad they are editing him to be? I sincerely doubt it. JMO, as always.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Even as someone who's pretty hip to the jive regarding editing, here's my thing with Wes: he's talked about being there for some free pub So Many Times. Different words, different settings.

Y'know how the editors will re-use the same sound-byte or film clip repeatedly to mislead? e.g. We've seen in the past how they'll show a kiss, cut to a PI, return to the kiss -- BUT when they return to the kiss after the PI, it's actually just the same kiss bit they showed BEFORE the PI. It makes the viewer think the kiss lasts longer, was more "meaningful" (or whatever) than it really was. Sometimes, they don't even cut away to PI, they just loop the same bit successively, and if you watch carefully, you can totally see it. And they totally screw with the audio 20 gazillion times worse than the video. We all know that. Heck, I think even casual viewers are onto that now. They've done stuff with audio this season that I never noticed before (though that doesn't mean they didn't do it, I just didn't notice it if they did). I've noticed a couple times this season that they've even blurred lips on the video when we SEE a person speaking -- I'm fairly certain they're replacing audio bits in PIs and other video where we THINK we can see the person uttering certain words. I've seen Ed's mouth blurred and the same exact audio piece used twice, I've seen Jake's mouth blurred with a portion of what he said cut out entirely while Jillian VO'd, then have Jake's true audio picked up again, and I've seen Jillian's mouth blurred in PIs. Crazy misleading editing going on.

The thing with Wes is that whether we hear his voice or see him actually speaking, he's not saying EXACTLY the same thing over and over. And he's been SHOWN parroting the same concept (I'm here for the pub) in many different clothes/settings. He's saying the same thing conceptually, but he's clearly not having one-line, uttered ONE TIME, used over and again by the editors.

Personally, I could forgive someone choosing to participate in this show for "the wrong reasons" and going all the way to the end of this process if something actually changed for them along the way. I really could. Life is funny, things change, it can totally surprise you. I don't expect this show to result in Happily Ever After, but I still love watching it (for laughs, if nothing else) and am (naively?) hopeful for the "lead" to find that if that's what they're really after. I know the chances are slim, but I always hope for the best and I love the CRAZY and the DRAMA along the way. What I definitely DON'T like is anyone in "the harem" faking shiz, just to stick around WAY longer than they need to when they know they're not remotely into a "lead" who is looking for something real. That's just EMINENTLY UNCOOL (translated: opportunistic & selfish to the point of cruel & wholly unscrupulous).

I think Wes is getting a horrific edit, but I think there's a good bit of truth in that edit -- it's just been exaggerated, IMO. But even if it's exaggerated, we just saw him talking, This Far Along, about being ready to "haul ass" or "stay and get the girl." Any way you cut it, someone who came in "for the wrong reasons" but then experienced a genuine "connection" wouldn't even utter words like that at this point. Even if they (people behind the camera) pressed you, you wouldn't say those things that we KNOW Wes said, this far along (and we saw this when he was talking to the guys, btw, not PI). If it genuinely changed for you, you're not even talking about the rest at this point, you're not saying "I got what I wanted" at this juncture. Really, if that's what you started out wanting and you already got it, but now you want more, you're talking about the MORE you want, not the ALREADY gotten (that you started out wanting).

FWIW...I think Wes likes Jillian. I think he likes her WELL ENOUGH. Somehow, I get the sense that Wes genuinely likes a LOT of girls WELL ENOUGH. And that's perfectly alright for someone who isn't making a commitment to anyone -- no harm, no foul in that as far as I'm concerned. In ways, it's to Wes' credit -- I think he's the kind of guy who can truly find likable/attractive qualities in A LOT of people. It's not a bad thing, per se -- it's open and accepting (good things, right?). It's just not what a girl ready to find her H-word needs to muck about with. No woman wants a forever-guy who likes her "well enough." I don't think Jillian feels a need to be married tomorrow, but I think she'd like to find her eventual husband yesterday. I think Wes actually knows all this, too, and that's why I don't like him. Because he very clearly came to promote his music and is now, maybe, willing to be Jillian's temporary BF, but not her eventual H-word. And quite obviously, from what we've seen and not seen, when he's with Jillian he's ACTING like he COULD be her eventual H-word. I believe he likes her, but he's acting like he likes her more than he really does and that's what really bugs me about him. He's really Just Not That Into Her and shame on him for pretending that he is.

Final thought: I can't believe Jillian's radar is so off on him. I really didn't think she was like that. ALL girls are like that when they're younger, but most girls (or the ones I know) figure it out a bit sooner than Jilly has seemed to. I LOVE Jillian, she's my fave B'ette yet, and she bugs me in some ways (squeals), but I'd love her to find what she's looking for. But I also totally get why she hasn't yet found her eventual H-word (if she's really been looking for him already...maybe she really hasn't?). From my perspective & experience, I think Jillian is exactly the kind of girl a LOT of really great (IMO) guys are looking for. I think Jillian has probably already missed a good number of Jesses, Reids, Kiptyns & Eds b/c she's dense about recognizing the Wesses of the world for what they really are -- Mr. Right Now, not Mr. Right For ME Forever. [worth noting: not that I think that's remotely dire; Jillian is ONLY 29 -- but she's the one who's expressed some sense of urgency b/c of wanting a family in 3-4 years. if you do the math, and you're realistic, she needs to find Mr. Forever soon based on her own Life Schedule, not mine]
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx