Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

There is a new Sneak Peak up at the Motherboard (or a/k/a The Alphabet Board). Interesting. It ends with a comment from Wes.

Reader more than poster Kacey253's Avatar

I didn't see anyone post this yet...I apologize if I missed it. Apparently Wes is the headliner at the House of Blues in Dallas on July 4th. His participation in the Bachelorette is very prominent on the website: its mentioned 4 times on the page where you can purchase tickets. Anyone still believe he is on the show for 'the right reasons'?

I know he gets a HTD but I hope that's because of some deal with the devil that he made. (AKA contract with Fleiss or his minions.) I would hope that Jillian wasn't fooled for that length of time.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
    Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Kacey253;3494749;
    I didn't see anyone post this yet...I apologize if I missed it. Apparently Wes is the headliner at the House of Blues in Dallas on July 4th. His participation in the Bachelorette is very prominent on the website: its mentioned 4 times on the page where you can purchase tickets. Anyone still believe he is on the show for 'the right reasons'?
    And why shouldn't he promote it? Don't you think DeAnna, Jason, Melissa and all of the rest say that they've been on the Bachelor/ette? Do you think there is one person who has been on the show, who is actively working, wouldn't want to promote themselves? And also, don't you think the HOB would love people to know it so THEY can sell more tickets?

I'm glad it appears he gets a HTD, he is spicing things up. Several of the contestants are coming across as rather bland or boring. Maybe in the end what constitutes husband material is one thing, but what makes up a show anyone will actually watch is another. Yeah, I do think Fleiss goes too far on the editing/drama, but it IS a TV show. It's not really "real". Does anyone find love on it for real? The statistics have been a little stacked to a big resounding "no" in most cases.

Jillian will forever be known as the (or a former) Bachelorette wherever she goes. I just don't see the difference.

part of Jill`s interview :

TVG: How did you feel, seeing Wes make comments about having other girlfriends?
    JH: That episode was actually the easiest to watch. From here on in, it’s gets a lot harder. There are two people I will defend right until the bitter end. One is Wes, and the whole career thing, and Tanner and his foot fetish.

With Wes, did he sign up for the show to further his career? Possibly. Could his career benefit from this? Possibly. We are all human beings, why we sign up for a show isn’t necessarily because we’re desperate to fall in love and think that it may happen. Everyone has different intentions. I addressed my concerns with Wes every time we spoke, and he was very honest with me, and [said] he was legitimately developing feelings for me.

As much as everybody thinks he’s a bad boy, he and I have developed a friendship from Day 1, but I am not going to let somebody go just because the other 29 guys are wanting my affection, and don’t like him. I’m looking for my husband, not everybody else’s husband.
    If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

FORT Regular

Where is that interview please?

Quote Originally Posted by photoshopgrl;3495380;
    Where is that interview please?
    link

That's the most positive Jillian's been about Wes in any of the interviews she's done. It's interesting that her attitude is basically that he may not have been there for all the best reasons but she's trying to explain that she had her reasons for keeping him around. Later in the interview she says that like it or not, Wes with his bad boy qualities is her type. I think it's mature of her to own her taste and admit that her type has some unsavory traits. It is what it is and it's better she own it instead of trying to do logical pretzels defending it.

I've been hoping for some amusement and satisfaction when Jillian finally cuts Wes but maybe we won't get that.

That being said I still don't think Jillian ever considered Wes one of the top 3 contenders. IMO she was flattered that he would go through all the motions for her and she let herself enjoy that.

I'm sure this exposure will help Wes somewhat because I guess some labels will sign anybody who's been on TV. But Nashville doesn't seem to have even noticed the song that never ends. About that: I get what some people say about hating any song that had one or two lines repeated over and over again, but that's what happens with any song's "hook". Wes gets to repeat the hook of his song all the time and that's supposed to be the biggest selling point of the song. If it isn't selling the song then that tells you why it isn't a hit.

FORT Regular

Thanks for that link. I really enjoyed reading her thoughts there. Pretty much everything she said about Wes, Juan and David I totally agree with. David for obvious reasons line cracked me up. Dude lives like 40 mins from me. Maybe I should go see if he's learned his lesson.

Thank you so much for that link. I am very heartened to hear that Jillian is defending Wes. Although at points I wasn't sure I LIKED him, I never felt he was a bad guy. As this has gone along, I've liked him more and more. I still don't think he's going past the HTD since nothing has surfaced of him in Spain, and it seems he was on his MySpace in early May. And of course we still have all the drama to go through of why there are SC of Jake in Austin. HTD? Coming in to sabotage Wes' HTD?

Jillian is doing some good interviews, and this one is one of the most in depth ones as to why certain people were let go. It also makes me like her again as much as I liked her from last season. Now, that doesn't mean I disliked her during this season, but there were times that I wasn't so sure what was going on with her. Gotta tell you I'd love to know what REALLY goes on during these shows - I suspect its even more different than we already suspect!

I know everyone is going on and on about Ed possibly leaving but I'm not so sure. Also, we seem to be missing some SC from Hawaii - TPTB are making this a whole lot more difficult this season. Which, you know what? I like it that way!

Just listened to Wes on KQBR this morning. He is very well-spoken and articulate. He's also very much that Southern polite, "yes, m'am". Things he said:

His youngest sister nominated him for the Bachelorette. He had no idea of why they called him until he'd spoken to her. When he called his family for input about it, she said, "oh, btw, Bubba I put you up for the Bachelorette".

He'd never watched the show before, and didn't know anything about Jillian. His mother encouraged him to go on the show.

He said straight out that he did not have a girlfriend while on the show. He had an ex-girlfriend and they'd broken up the previous August. He actually said it a few times as the radio hosts brought up that drama several times.

He really did write the song "It Don't Take That Long" during the time he was on the show. He stated the song was written for Jillian. His album does not include it, it was not planned to be a part of it.

Of course he did not give anything away about the outcome. I don't think anyone listening would get the feeling he was F1 though.

I enjoyed listening to him speak about his experience. I didn't have recording equipment to grab it, sorry.
    Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 06-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3497120;
    Just listened to Wes on KQBR this morning. He is very well-spoken and articulate. He's also very much that Southern polite, "yes, m'am". Things he said:

His youngest sister nominated him for the Bachelorette. He had no idea of why they called him until he'd spoken to her. When he called his family for input about it, she said, "oh, btw, Bubba I put you up for the Bachelorette".

He'd never watched the show before, and didn't know anything about Jillian. His mother encouraged him to go on the show.

He said straight out that he did not have a girlfriend while on the show. He had an ex-girlfriend and they'd broken up the previous August. He actually said it a few times as the radio hosts brought up that drama several times.

He really did write the song "It Don't Take That Long" during the time he was on the show. He stated the song was written for Jillian. His album does not include it, it was not planned to be a part of it.

Of course he did not give anything away about the outcome. I don't think anyone listening would get the feeling he was F1 though.

I enjoyed listening to him speak about his experience. I didn't have recording equipment to grab it, sorry.

Thanks for the update from Lubbock. Wes is a great guy.

WTH? is with the Nashville stuff. Texas is not Nashville and visa versa.