Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

It's funny that in the new video, Wes says no doubt this will make him famous or something to that effect. Little did he know at the time it would make him a famous
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3493236;
    what about the Fleiss?! As evil as we imagine? =)
    Someone would have to start a Fleiss thread to even begin to discuss that guy!!....

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3493354;
    Someone would have to start a Fleiss thread to even begin to discuss that guy!!....
    LOL. Well I am sure that can be arranged! We'll just lure the mods over here with our non-Wes-spoiler-related chatter and then when they arrive we can ask them to open up a new thread for us. Actually, a Fleiss thread is a really good idea----why haven't we had one of those before?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3493329;
    Sorry but I do not understand your arguements about the song, Punky. Wes has the song for sale on his website (I believe, could be wrong) so TPTB ARE promoting his song as Wes is making money from that song. Perhaps I am a little too dense to understand. You may recall that you and I have had some conversations (private messages) concerning my thoughts on Wes and why I feel the way I do about him. I still feel the same way unfortunately. Wes may be a terrific guy (to his friends) but I do doubt if he really has any kind of real interest in Jillian.
    I have a copy of the song and I think its very good. Especially for someone who is still doing all the work himself. Its not like he is this huge country singer who just shows up and puts the lyrics down and someone else does all the work and the budget is huge because they expect to sell a million copies. Wes writes, performs, and coproduces his music because that is what you do when you are starting off. Go back and listen to Kenny Chesney or some of the other true country guys when they put out their very first album (back when they really coproduced the songs and wrote the music). Compared to how they are now I bet you will hear a huge difference. Its an art. You get better the longer you do it and the more time and energy you put into it. You work with bigger and better artists as time goes on and you learn from them. You don't just decide one day to become a country singer and then sell a billion cds the next.

Getting back to the post, Wes wrote the song, performed it at the producers requests and it is good. Its his art form, how he makes a living so kudos to him if he can share that with anyone else. If he doesn't make money off of it then he can't keep doing it for a living. People are hearing the song and wanting to get a copy of it. I understand what upsets people about that, I really do, but you just have to remember that this is how Wes earns a living. He is not some weekend rocker who does this to hook up with groupies! This is his passion and most of the time it is not glamorous. You can't fault a guy for trying to make something out of himself.

A Fleiss thread would be funny. (bet it would not really be allowed though?)

I still maintain that much of how Wes is portrayed is due to editing. I've never said he was perfect, it's just that I suspect much of what he's said hasn't been one continuous sentence at times, or reactions that are shown are due to the real situation. That goes for everyone.

I am not getting anything from Jillian's recent interviews that she thinks badly of him. She does in fact seem to keep him through the HTD, at least according to how we are interpreting the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3493339;
    I have a question for Punky - If you were able to smuggle in a couple of books is it possible that someone smuggled in a Blackberry? People have been questioning Ed's windows live activity.
    Most of us smuggled in cell phones so yes, that is very possible. They take up your cell phone on the first day in the hotel (which it took them a week to get mine back to me since I left so "abruptly" from the bahamas, but that is a whole other story). So long as you have a phone to give up then you can sneak your other one in. They don't check your pockets or pat you down. You just have to be careful with it. Several guys handed over dummy phones (old phones that no longer had service but were charged up). I just had another one that I bought and took along. I know some guys even took really small laptops and were really sneaky about using them but were able to get internet connections through wireless cards. I wish I had thought of that!!

All of these guys need to make a living. Wes is just one who is making a living from something very public.

I think every bachelor there has their own unique personality. It's how we interpret them (with heavily influence from the show's editing) that makes people say, "this guy is interested in Jillian, this guy is not". If I take a good, hard look at things - as they've been presented so far - I am not seeing a heavy interest in Jillian herself from ANY of them. How do we determine who is "there for Jillian?" I believe we all have our own criteria - and what I see isn't what you do and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3493413;
    All of these guys need to make a living. Wes is just one who is making a living from something very public.

I think every bachelor there has their own unique personality. It's how we interpret them (with heavily influence from the show's editing) that makes people say, "this guy is interested in Jillian, this guy is not". If I take a good, hard look at things - as they've been presented so far - I am not seeing a heavy interest in Jillian herself from ANY of them. How do we determine who is "there for Jillian?" I believe we all have our own criteria - and what I see isn't what you do and vice versa.
    I think unfortunately a large majority of the guys or gals are not there to find love. Some are there for the fun and travel, and that's fine. A few are there to find love, or someone special. And some want to advance a career. If they can advance their career by appearing on a reality show more power to them. I don't think Wes was ever truly on the short list by watching their interactions. Sure she says that he intrigues her, but the body language isn't telling the same story. I think Wes came on and TPTB got their villain this year, and Wes got to promote himself. Everyone benefited.

We have had a Fleiss thread that was active in the past. In fact we probably had another one years ago as well. I'll bring it back into the Bachelorette spoilers sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3493207;
    I am confused. What did I miss about the Melissa casting call? From what I know, she refused the offer to do the show before she even left LA after the ATFR show. Any casting they had started doing at that point was limited to hundreds of initial screens for a general cast. The guys I know who were orginally cast and turned it down for their own reasons (typically having to do with work and keeping their jobs) said they were not told who was going to be the lead until the very end just before they turned it down. They also said they were definitely never told it was going to be Melissa. Maybe I just missed something...happens all the time. ;-)
    they knew the outcome of that season and thought Melissa would be the next bach'ette...they were casting before the season ended and before Jillian accepted the offer to be the next bach'ette...therefore they were casting with Melissa in mind...when that turned into disaster mode..Jillian was asked..accepted..and another 5 guys were added to the 25 making it 30

btw..who are you ?

back to Wes...I know he's not getting the best edit, but I really don't pay attention to bad edits because I know they are trying to twist and turn our opinions...I would like to see him in an interview in a normal enviroment before I make a decision on him. I'm not crazy about anyone going on the show in order to be famous or promote themselves, but he's not the first one with those motives. I tend to try and stick to the love story.