Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3484071;
    As far as for Wes, as boring as Punky said it can be - it'd have been interesting to see some of the interaction in the mansion.
    It would be nice to see it too, but they won't show it because then people would start to warm up to Wes and that would take the edge off the public dislike. If there are three or four guys that everyone likes about the same, then there is no big shock factor to any one particular person getting sent home. It waters down the drama. People will watch with more interest when the one they really despise or really like get sent home but in between the interest sort of lags. JMHO

Ps. Phantom Girl, I have to admit that I was able to sneek the first couple Twilight books onto the show in a hidden compartment in my suitcase (they do check your bags and do so often!!). I finished the other two while in the Bahamas. Great books.

Pps. Did anyone notice that all the guys have started standing up when Jillian walks into the room? Took a couple RCs but after taking so much heat for it on my season the rest of the guys started doing it. I wonder who it was this time that took the heat...

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3484603;
    Yup, Kasha, I'll include my house in that bet too! I respect punkybachelor and believe him. I must admit I have been turned off at Wes and his song. But I will try to remember what punckybachelor has wisely reminded us of, and that being that the producers dictate to a great extent what happens on this show.
    Any other takers? I am looking to get back into the real estate business! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3493249;
    You have a great sense of humor! But I am very confident that my house and bet are very secure. Moreover, I think you are doing very well in the field you are in!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3493249;
    hahahaah
    If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3485401;
    That's nice of you to defend your friend.

However--this is not about a certain kind of "edit."

The reactions to Wes are based on two things--

1)Lack of any chemistry with Jilli.

2) That stinky song which he keeps singing (we know it's multiple different "performances" because he is wearing different clothes and it's in different settings) for which he seems to have stolen other music and has only written the first line.

No edit can make either of those situations any worse than they really are.

I have a family member who is a singer/song writer/musician-performer and he works very hard composing MULTIPLE different songs.

He does not go around just singing the same--incomplete--song all the time.

Can't fool real musicians or people who really know them.
    Wes has written, performed and recorded several CDs full of songs. I also know that he sang several other songs while on the show just sitting around. Why do they keep showing the same song?

Several reasons:

1) Before playing a previously recorded song (by any artist) they must get written permission regarding the copyrights (which can be expensive). Without it, they are on the hook for copyright infringement. They avoid this by not airing anything that can be argued as not original music written by the cast member. We couldn't even sing "Take me out to the ball game" because there could have been copyright issues.

2) Any other song that Wes previously wrote/recorded would have potential royalty issues. He could license the song to be played on the show but then they would be helping promote that song and ABC doesn't do free promotion (bigtime network TV gets paid to product place, not the other way around)

3) No other song is relevant or fits the story line they are going for. He is a country singer. An artist is expected to bang out an original song on this show. How many country singers have been on this show? I can think of 3 recently and all of them wrote a song and performed it while still there, although Wes' has definitely gotten more attention.

As far as the repeat performances go, I wrote earlier that the producers control what happens in the downtime on this show. There is no serenading going on unless a storyline producer thinks of it and makes it happen. These guys are bored to death in the "outhouse" and would do just about anything to get to spend some time with the lead and get out of that house. Heck, some of us had to sing a couple times on the show and trust me, at those moments, I wish I could have carried a tune in a bucket, and if I could have, I would have done it often to stand out.

Sorry but I do not understand your arguements about the song, Punky. Wes has the song for sale on his website (I believe, could be wrong) so TPTB ARE promoting his song as Wes is making money from that song. Perhaps I am a little too dense to understand. You may recall that you and I have had some conversations (private messages) concerning my thoughts on Wes and why I feel the way I do about him. I still feel the same way unfortunately. Wes may be a terrific guy (to his friends) but I do doubt if he really has any kind of real interest in Jillian.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3491999;
    To me, the thing about 3 or 4 girls at once, was a bit of bragging. And what IS wrong with dating several people? (after all Jillian started out dating 30 guys at once....) It came across as a guy being a guy in front of other guys - I never heard him say he had three or four committed girlfriends at once.
    Nothing is wrong with it necessarily in my book, just the way it was said. It wasn't a locker room, or a bar with friends. He was in a room full of guys that are interested in the same woman he is, and I'm sure it rubbed them the wrong way. I mean would he make that comment to her father? It was the wrong time, wrong place, wrong circumstance. I'm sure he's not as bad as being shown, but editing sure isn't doing him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3493303;
    Wes has written, performed and recorded several CDs full of songs. I also know that he sang several other songs while on the show just sitting around. Why do they keep showing the same song?

Several reasons:

1) Before playing a previously recorded song (by any artist) they must get written permission regarding the copyrights (which can be expensive). Without it, they are on the hook for copyright infringement. They avoid this by not airing anything that can be argued as not original music written by the cast member. We couldn't even sing "Take me out to the ball game" because there could have been copyright issues.

2) Any other song that Wes previously wrote/recorded would have potential royalty issues. He could license the song to be played on the show but then they would be helping promote that song and ABC doesn't do free promotion (bigtime network TV gets paid to product place, not the other way around)

3) No other song is relevant or fits the story line they are going for. He is a country singer. An artist is expected to bang out an original song on this show. How many country singers have been on this show? I can think of 3 recently and all of them wrote a song and performed it while still there, although Wes' has definitely gotten more attention.

As far as the repeat performances go, I wrote earlier that the producers control what happens in the downtime on this show. There is no serenading going on unless a storyline producer thinks of it and makes it happen. These guys are bored to death in the "outhouse" and would do just about anything to get to spend some time with the lead and get out of that house. Heck, some of us had to sing a couple times on the show and trust me, at those moments, I wish I could have carried a tune in a bucket, and if I could have, I would have done it often to stand out.
    they only problem I have is that he doesn't seem to be into Jill at all,why does he keep telling her he misses her,likes her?why taking the time of other guys that are really into her?........
    If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

I have a question for Punky - If you were able to smuggle in a couple of books is it possible that someone smuggled in a Blackberry? People have been questioning Ed's windows live activity.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by shirin;3493331;
    they only problem I have is that he doesn't seem to be into Jill at all,why does he keep telling her he misses her,likes her?why taking the time of other guys that are really into her?........
    I agree..he doesn't seem genuinely into her, although with this show who knows what is real, if anything. I get the feeling that most of these guys aren't into Jillian...there are a handful I think that are sincere about being into her.