Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3490491;
    Isn't he the guy that was rumored to have been promised F4 or something by TPTB in order to promote himself & his music?
    Maybe that's why Jillian keeps giving him a rose. She's told to by the producers until a certain point.
    If he thinks going on national tv, lieing to Jillian, bragging about having 3 and 4 women at a time is going to help him sell his precious cd's, then he's an idiot. I thought it was admiralble for Jeremy to come on here and defend his friend. Well, he can defend him all he wants, Wes is nothing but a slithering snake!!! Now ask me how I really feel.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

FORT Regular

First time poster but long time reader. I don't want to defend someone that is a snake but let's face it ladies. Men talk so much smack in front of other guys that isn't real, it's not even funny. Being "one of the guys" many times around male friends I've seen this. I don't doubt for a second that Wes is here to promote himself but seriously, why wouldn't he? As if anyone else is ONLY here for love. EVERYONE has an ulterior motive to go on a TV show. I firmly believe that. Even if it's just for fun, for their 15 mins, to say "hey I was on TV once" or maybe to compete against a bunch of guys and see who can come out on top. It's reality TV. Nobody is pure in my eyes, not even Jillian.

That being said, I think it's very possible that Wes is a good guy. I see no evidence of anything else at this point. Is he the best guy for her? Probably not. Does he tell her a bunch of bull? Probably but not any more so than any guy tells a girl he's trying to impress. I've literally rolled my eyes at friends in the past doing just that. Doesn't mean they don't really like the girl or that they are snakes.

Just my $.02
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-09-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3490710;
    If he thinks going on national tv, lieing to Jillian, bragging about having 3 and 4 women at a time is going to help him sell his precious cd's, then he's an idiot. I thought it was admiralble for Jeremy to come on here and defend his friend. Well, he can defend him all he wants, Wes is nothing but a slithering snake!!! Now ask me how I really feel.
    I agree. I think he's pathetic for coming on with a girlfriend and talking about having 3 and 4 women at a time is low, low, low. I think, though, that he gets caught in his own trap. I believe he actually starts to have feelings for Jillian. Hope that's the case and then she cuts him off at the knees. Let him know how it feels to be used.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3489959;
    Yeah, he makes it through. But, from what Jillian has said in interviews she doesn't seem to resent him. I think on the htd he finally confesses (or Jake comes and tells her and then he confesses) but I think he may have actually started falling for her. She said he's a great guy but he's got some issues he needs to work out (or something along those lines).
    Do you remember where you heard Jillian calling him a great guy? I don't remember that. I remember the Tvguide.com interview where she said Wes "absolutely" came on the show to promote his career. Then there was a cut and they showed her saying that "he" came onto the show for the right reasons but he's got some stuff he needs to figure out.

I'm not so sure Jillian doesn't resent him. I got a "good riddance" vibe from the Tvguide.com interview at any rate. Too, in Jillian's US99 interview yesterday she said about last night's episode that people would think she's lost her mind for keeping certain people around but that she's glad she did because she was able to figure out for herself about those people and eventually make the right decision on her own. IMO that's got to be about Wes. The only other controversial person would be Tanner P. because of the foot fetish thing but Jillian's defended him up and down about that and mentioned that he was on the show for the right reasons and really respectful and all that. If Jillian felt Tanner P. was a liar or instigator I don't think she would've defended him so strongly. So reading between the lines I think she's grateful to Tanner P. for looking out for her and she thinks Wes is a snake.

I need to watch but I don't remember exactly what I heard yesterday. My first impression was that Wes's comments about 3 or 4 girls was a hypothetical. That's all the editors showed us to set up the suspicions of Wes being the guy with the girlfriend, then they showed Tanner P. saying multiple times that he's sure Wes has a girlfriend. Does someone have a transcript or a cap of exactly what Wes said? I'm wondering if the editors didn't show us exactly why some of the guys are so sure about Wes being there to promote his career and why Tanner P.'s so sure about Wes having a girlfriend back home.

I agree that Wes ended up falling for Jillian on some level. But like he himself said he's got a lot of love to give so I doubt she meant that much to him. He probably falls pretty easily so no doubt he'll move on quickly.

I'm hoping against hope that when Jillian cuts Wes the editors show a montage of the other guys mocking him by singing his song

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3490792;
    I agree. I think he's pathetic for coming on with a girlfriend and talking about having 3 and 4 women at a time is low, low, low. I think, though, that he gets caught in his own trap. I believe he actually starts to have feelings for Jillian. Hope that's the case and then she cuts him off at the knees. Let him know how it feels to be used.

The problem with this whole scenario is it makes Jillian look bad. It's like she has no read of character, and is just 'crushin' since he's an alleged musician! When she picks some of the decent guys, it is less meaningful that she might know what she's doing, because Wes is still standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshopgrl;3490768;
    First time poster but long time reader. I don't want to defend someone that is a snake but let's face it ladies. Men talk so much smack in front of other guys that isn't real, it's not even funny. Being "one of the guys" many times around male friends I've seen this. I don't doubt for a second that Wes is here to promote himself but seriously, why wouldn't he? As if anyone else is ONLY here for love. EVERYONE has an ulterior motive to go on a TV show. I firmly believe that. Even if it's just for fun, for their 15 mins, to say "hey I was on TV once" or maybe to compete against a bunch of guys and see who can come out on top. It's reality TV. Nobody is pure in my eyes, not even Jillian.

That being said, I think it's very possible that Wes is a good guy. I see no evidence of anything else at this point. Is he the best guy for her? Probably not. Does he tell her a bunch of bull? Probably but not any more so than any guy tells a girl he's trying to impress. I've literally rolled my eyes at friends in the past doing just that. Doesn't mean they don't really like the girl or that they are snakes.

Just my $.02
    I agree with you, he was just joking around, he even laughed about it. He said fall in love with 3-4 not 3-4 girlfriends. I have no problem with him because I know he's not the only one there with motives.

To me, the thing about 3 or 4 girls at once, was a bit of bragging. And what IS wrong with dating several people? (after all Jillian started out dating 30 guys at once....) It came across as a guy being a guy in front of other guys - I never heard him say he had three or four committed girlfriends at once.

Some will feel he's a snake for dating - but if more people DATED rather than jumping into relationships, more might last.

Granted, I'm still not totally sure about Wes, it's just I don't feel he's totally a bad guy. And yeah, I could see him falling for Jillian.

Even reading RS's blog today, it reminds me of what I've been saying since I first started posting in here. So much of how we are made to feel has to do with editing. I don't think any of these guys is a sterling angel.

Many people don't LIKE Wes and that's where a lot of the heat is coming from.

Back to spoilers - I suspect we'll have a lot more answers in next week's episode ... and through the next one after that as Wes does make it to at least the HTD. I'm still not totally sure what will go down as far as Jake having some input into that. My gut is telling me that it may not be going down the way we think. TPTB LOVE drama and so often it does not play out the way we think....

FORT Regular

Back to spoilers - I suspect we'll have a lot more answers in next week's episode ... and through the next one after that as Wes does make it to at least the HTD. I'm still not totally sure what will go down as far as Jake having some input into that. My gut is telling me that it may not be going down the way we think. TPTB LOVE drama and so often it does not play out the way we think....

Do you think it is possiable, Jillian asked to go see Wes preform while on the HTD with Jake. Dont they live in the same area? Or could he have been at a local bar preforming, and to add drama, they have them go to that bar,
    we get edited screen shots to make us think he gets a home town date. If they play that game, they just dont show us EDs scap of HTD. I feel a gotcha coming from this production bunch. My money says Ed never leaves. I have only seen comments about his web page activity not any real sittings that were confirmed. Or did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by nanajj;3492781;
    Do you think it is possiable, Jillian asked to go see Wes preform while on the HTD with Jake. Dont they live in the same area? Or could he have been at a local bar preforming, and to add drama, they have them go to that bar,
    we get edited screen shots to make us think he gets a home town date.
    I'd say that is possible if we didn't have SC of Jillian and Wes walking holding hands. A hug (like several posts ago) could have been possible (maybe). I still haven't figured out what the true story of Jake will be with regards to Wes and his HTD. We'll find out. Knowing this show, it could be nothing or it could be some made-up drama.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3479764;
    Gawd, that song couldn't be crappier if it tried. The pathetic part is that this guy probably sweated over the lyrics - both of them, lol - for weeks before being on the show just to have his promo moment(s). No way he wrote that schlock right on the spot for Jillian, especially since we know that most of these clowns were cast for Melissa in the first place and not Jillian. When is this freak getting eliminated because I don't think I can take that song anymore...
    I am confused. What did I miss about the Melissa casting call? From what I know, she refused the offer to do the show before she even left LA after the ATFR show. Any casting they had started doing at that point was limited to hundreds of initial screens for a general cast. The guys I know who were orginally cast and turned it down for their own reasons (typically having to do with work and keeping their jobs) said they were not told who was going to be the lead until the very end just before they turned it down. They also said they were definitely never told it was going to be Melissa. Maybe I just missed something...happens all the time. ;-)