Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3485437;
    Okay, you don't like his song. I'm one who also knows "real" musicians with talent and I can categorically say he is a real musician.

It's whether or not you like the song that you are really commenting on - and that you admit you've only heard portions from it. It's okay if you don't like it, we all have our own tastes.

No it's not just the "sng"-

Wes has
    --no musicality
    --no dscernable performance skills
    --no charisma
    --no connection with the audience

and a lot of other things he doesn't have that come together to make a musician/performer.

When I say someone is NOT a musician/performer I am basing it not on one song I may or may not "like"--but on my total set of criteria acquired from years of observing my family member who is not just a musician/performer but a successful one at that.

Sorry I can't figure out how to quote several separate posts in one post--

Your post above mentions that "other men don't have chemistry with Jillian either."

But I am not talking about "other men"--I am addressing the issue of the lack of any spark/chemistry between Wes and Jilli.

Okay, you don't see chemistry between them - I do. While many of us are not sure we LIKE Wes, there is chemistry and sparks between them especially Jillian for Wes. That can be somewhat subjective, too, as I personally don't see ANY chemistry with Reid and others feel there is. In the end, I don't think Wes goes past the HTD as far as the screencaps seem to imply.

I cannot agree with your assessment of Wes as a musician, although your criteria and reasoning did give me a laugh.

Well, I'm not a huge country music fan, but I am a fan of good music. I'm not saying that Wes is totally untalented but based on what I've heard of Wes on the show is not good music to me. I'm not crazy about his voice (it tends to be a bit redundant). I've heard his recorded version & I think it sounds good, but even I could sound good in a studio. It is a matter of taste, but I like people who can sing well & capture my heart without the benefit of electronics.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3486579;
    No it's not just the "sng"-

Wes has
    --no musicality
    --no dscernable performance skills
    --no charisma
    --no connection with the audience
    I respectfully disagree with you I may have felt that way before visiting his myspace page and listening to the full song and several others; but not anymore! I want to hear him play the full version, I doubt they will let him, but possibly. Since I am not a country/western music person I can't profess that he is great, but I enjoyed what I listened too, and would love for them to let us hear the full song.

The fact that TPTB respected his talent enough to ask him to write the song for the show (to me) indicates he has talent. George Strait and Willie Nelson seem to think highly of him as well (per myspace).

Whatever his reason for going on this show was, that does not mean he didn't find love and heartbreak from being there. How many contestants have gone on the show as a lark only to wind up F1? (probably more then just Tessa) . I am glad he makes it to HTD!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

the fact that he's selling the song he presumably wrote for jillian at his site is a big turn off

Quote Originally Posted by jan11;3486755;
    the fact that he's selling the song he presumably wrote for jillian at his site is a big turn off
    I don't take it that way. He's a musician trying to make it in the business. I'd have thought he was pretty stupid if he didn't release it. And I'm sure ABC and TPTB are thrilled as it's publicity for them. I suspect that they encouraged him - if not downright told him - to write a song to use on the show.

Most of the other contestants are in fields where their appearance on the show can affect their finances. Would we blame Reid if he got a real estate client from someone who heard about him from the show? Is that a turn off? I also would bet my bottom dollar a few others are hoping for some acting gigs.

This is a TV show, it brings exposure to people on it. Others have made whole new careers out of being on this show. It's the nature of the beast.

This really goes beyond just Wes. I understand many don't like him, so there has to be a line of attack. Also the nature of the beast. It's just not fair to call him out on it as though he's the only one.

Go into any of the contestants' folders and there is generally something they are being attacked about.

Let's get back to discussing what we feel will happen in the show. I'm still interested in finding out who actually gets hometown dates, and as far as Wes and his...I'm interested to find out if the rumors of Jake interrupting are true. From screencaps, it is apparent something occurs, and it looks like Jake is involved. In past shows we've talked and talked about what we think will unfold, only to either have it not be a big deal or very different from what shows up on the episode.

Thought I'd get the discussion back to spoilers. This is a SC of Jillian and Wes when they are in Austin. I'd have to go look up the name of the place.

Could that be Ed. And that could be his HTD.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3486882;
    Could that be Ed. And that could be his HTD.
    sorry but definitely not. we have a sc with jilli and wes holding hands walking into this building they are shown in front of. both of their faces are perfectly distinct and its wes' htd

This is definitely Wes. This is the outfit Jillian has on for the date - the white dress with the short jean jacket.