Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Okay, you don't like his song. I'm one who also knows "real" musicians with talent and I can categorically say he is a real musician.

It's whether or not you like the song that you are really commenting on - and that you admit you've only heard portions from it. It's okay if you don't like it, we all have our own tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3485401;
    That's nice of you to defend your friend.

However--this is not about a certain kind of "edit."

The reactions to Wes are based on two things--

1)Lack of any chemistry with Jilli.

2) That stinky song which he keeps singing (we know it's multiple different "performances" because he is wearing different clothes and it's in different settings) for which he seems to have stolen other music and has only written the first line.

No edit can make either of those situations any worse than they really are.

I have a family member who is a singer/song writer/musician-performer and he works very hard composing MULTIPLE different songs.

He does not go around just singing the same--incomplete--song all the time.

Can't fool real musicians or people who really know them.
    I am just sort of bored - I usually only read the screencap/sleuthing threads, but came over to read some of the guys' threads. I have to say, I was biased about Wes because I heard how he was using the show to help his career. But honestly, he's not all that bad. I have found no real dislike for the guy (c'mon the majority of girls & guys are on the show with an ulterior motive!). Then someone gave me a link to his songs - mind you, I am NOT a country fan. But I liked them, and think he really sings well. I hope this doesn't backfire on him, because he is talented.
    OK, that was my 2 cents!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Well curiosity and wine got the best of me so against my better judgment I decided to give Wes's tunes a chance. I am a big country music fan. First off for someone who talks big about doing Texas country the 3 full songs I listened to are sippy cup Lonestar-inspired pablum. Now you'll hear a lot of that on country radio except Wes's problem is he doesn't have the voice of a Jimmy Wayne or Jason Michael Carroll or the likability of a Chuck Wicks to sell it. Never mind that Wes's voice pales after you listen to people like James Otto, Darius Rucker, and Josh Turner who are all more country than he is. His songs are nowhere near as good as Jamey Johnson's either. I'm not saying his stuff is the worst stuff ever created but there's nothing there IMO that would justify him as a major country act.

It's not like I was expecting Wes to have the star factor of a Brad Paisley or a Keith Urban or anything. The only thing he's got that comes close is a facial resemblance to Kenny Chesney and IMO that's not going to get him far. I'm just looking at the guys who've made it into country music lately and I'm not hearing anything that makes Wes stand out other than the portrayal as a smarmy self promoter on a national TV show. I wouldn't think that would get him that far in Nashville. He's doing honest work gigging so respect to him for that but going on TV to promote his music career definitely kicks my opinion of him down a few notches.

I noticed on his myspace that he has a gig scheduled for July 25th. That would be the Saturday after the last episode airs right? Yet another indication IMO that he doesn't expect to be doing the media rounds as the F1.

I'm curious - I saw a SC of a shirtless Wes putting on a diamond necklace on Jillian, but for the life of me I have no idea of WHERE I saw it. Not sure if it was this forum or another one. It looked like it might have been in a hotel room (Wes' HTD?) Has anyone seen this one? I know it can't be from the date where they all raced to find her - I don't think he'd have gotten shirtless on that one...

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

That was when he was in the house and he was removing the necklace she wore as part of the scavenger hunt date.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3485807;
    That was when he was in the house and he was removing the necklace she wore as part of the scavenger hunt date.
    Thanks - I was trying to figure out if that was upcoming, but it didn't fit in with his HTD which seems more casual than diamonds.

Don't you wish we could see a show with a ton of not-aired footage?

Found the one I was talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3485814;

Found the one I was talking about!
    That's from the bank vault date. That was prob after they came back from the date.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3485810;
    Thanks - I was trying to figure out if that was upcoming, but it didn't fit in with his HTD which seems more casual than diamonds.

Don't you wish we could see a show with a ton of not-aired footage?
    All the time. It would help explain things more to me.

Wes is a country singer/musician whose music appeals to some people and not to others, fair enough. I am not a fan of the genre, so have no interest in hearing the whole song, but no doubt we would all be hating on "Stairway to Heaven" if we had to hear just the first line repeated over and over until it became a joke. I will say that even Wes' one line sounds better than that idiot girl "singer" on Matt's season, can't remember her name.

Wes is getting a bad edit IMO, but I'm sure some of it he brings on himself with his competitive and sometimes dismissive manner which turns off some of the guys, hence, their feedback that they don't like him and doubt his sincerity. I don't believe the producers are forcing them to say those things. I don't see him as a match for Jillian, but there are a lot of others who I see as less of a match, and whose sincerity I also question.

I think Jillian is intrigued by him and flattered by his southern ways. Hard to get a sense of his real degree of interest, but he is certainly working it. It doesn't appear that he gets further than the HTDs, so Jill apparently figured it out. I'm not going to hate on him when David is a much more deserving target.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3484665;
    I don't think he's the F1 either, even though I no longer believe we can use the statement "Screencaps don't lie". Fleiss is involved, and I wouldn't put it past him to purposely drive the the posters on this forum, and perhaps one of the other well-known ones (Joker's) with some serious fake-outs, photoshops and hidden SC.

I think ALL of the contestants - and the Bachelor/ettes have motives beyond finding love when it comes down to it. I am trying to keep an open mind here because I have seen how editing effects the show. I did D/L Wes' music and it is quite decent, and the song we've come to detest is much better played in full. I'd like to know what the REAL story and deal is here. It could be far better than we think, but it could also be far worse. Either way, I totally doubt we are being shown anything BUT what Fleiss wants us to see, and what he thinks is exciting, ratings drawing TV.

That goes as far as Jillian's interview too. Fleiss is the master of slice and dice when it comes to voiceovers, interviews, and so forth. Heck for all I know, I could be the F1 and I'm not even on the show or the right gender!

I still haven't found the proof that Jake interupts the HTD, but that is likely more due to the fact I haven't found it. There are a lot of posts on this whole section. At this point I'm totally confused from information overload as to WHEN the HTD's occurred .

All your posts are great. I don't think Jillian chose anyone, because things didn't go as she planned, I could be wrong, time will tell. From sc's that are yet to happen, I believe she has chemistry with Wes, look at the htd sc, how excited she is. As I said time will tell.