Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 576

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

  1. #151
    FORT Fan ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tavares, FL
    Posts
    361

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    I don't think he's the F1 either, even though I no longer believe we can use the statement "Screencaps don't lie". Fleiss is involved, and I wouldn't put it past him to purposely drive the the posters on this forum, and perhaps one of the other well-known ones (Joker's) with some serious fake-outs, photoshops and hidden SC.

    I think ALL of the contestants - and the Bachelor/ettes have motives beyond finding love when it comes down to it. I am trying to keep an open mind here because I have seen how editing effects the show. I did D/L Wes' music and it is quite decent, and the song we've come to detest is much better played in full. I'd like to know what the REAL story and deal is here. It could be far better than we think, but it could also be far worse. Either way, I totally doubt we are being shown anything BUT what Fleiss wants us to see, and what he thinks is exciting, ratings drawing TV.

    That goes as far as Jillian's interview too. Fleiss is the master of slice and dice when it comes to voiceovers, interviews, and so forth. Heck for all I know, I could be the F1 and I'm not even on the show or the right gender!

    I still haven't found the proof that Jake interupts the HTD, but that is likely more due to the fact I haven't found it. There are a lot of posts on this whole section. At this point I'm totally confused from information overload as to WHEN the HTD's occurred .

  2. #152
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3483941;
    I agree that TPTB are giving Wes the worst possible edit, particularly by purposely cutting off his singing at the exact same point to make the viewers sick of what might actually be a decent song. He is lucky that David is an a**hole of unmitigated proportions who will take the title of "most despised bachelor" away from him, with or without editing. If, as speculated, he has been promised a "final 4" (this season final 5) spot, I'm not surprised that he was selected to be shown as "the bad one", as someone always has to be, so he can implode right before it's too late, so our fair bachelorette doesn't get her heart broken and we can all cheer his exit. Especially if the others left at that point are Ed, Kip, Reid and Jesse, who are all getting nice guy edits.
    Is anyone here familiar with ASCAP regulations? When a song is played on TV or some other media outlet it must be payed for....royalties. The first few bars are free, but if play times go beyond a determined point, there is a fee. This may explain why the same bit is played over and over. If he receives royalties every time he sings it is certainly in his best interest to do so as often as possible.

    I don't see where Wes is getting a bad edit. His appeal is not exactly universal....but Jillian seems to like him and she's the "decider" or so we are led to believe.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  3. #153
    FORT Fan ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tavares, FL
    Posts
    361

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3485030;
    Is anyone here familiar with ASCAP regulations? When a song is played on TV or some other media outlet it must be payed for....royalties. The first few bars are free, but if play times go beyond a determined point, there is a fee.
    That could be true. Then again, it could be part of his contract that they get to play it.

    I tried looking in the ASCAP database, but all I found out is that Wes Hayden is listed, and is also listed as a performer of "Don't blame it on Mexico". Got nothing for "Don't Take That Long". I can't find anything that says who wrote the song. (just adding that as a comment, I am not disputing or trying to throw suspicion that Wes did not write it - it's just difficult these days as I-tunes, CD Baby, Rhapsody, etc. don't list this information).

    I'm one of the few people on here who actually kind of like Wes - or at least don't hate him. I'm keeping an open mind here. Of course I did always like musicians.

    I just watched the video over at Grapevine TV, and I found it interesting to look at his reaction when Jillian was talking about people coming on the show who had ongoing relationships. His wasn't a guilty face, he was in fact nodding and agreeing with her. Of course, THAT could be part of the edit.

  4. #154
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    110

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3485093;
    That could be true. Then again, it could be part of his contract that they get to play it.

    I tried looking in the ASCAP database, but all I found out is that Wes Hayden is listed, and is also listed as a performer of "Don't blame it on Mexico". Got nothing for "Don't Take That Long". I can't find anything that says who wrote the song. (just adding that as a comment, I am not disputing or trying to throw suspicion that Wes did not write it - it's just difficult these days as I-tunes, CD Baby, Rhapsody, etc. don't list this information).

    I'm one of the few people on here who actually kind of like Wes - or at least don't hate him. I'm keeping an open mind here. Of course I did always like musicians.

    I just watched the video over at Grapevine TV, and I found it interesting to look at his reaction when Jillian was talking about people coming on the show who had ongoing relationships. His wasn't a guilty face, he was in fact nodding and agreeing with her. Of course, THAT could be part of the edit.
    I know for a fact that Wes did not have a girlfriend when he left for the show. He did have the long term serious girlfriend that ppl keep referring to - but they broke up last year (early Fall). He was casually dating a girl when the show came to him asking him to be on, but he was not in a relationship.

    He also wrote the song. He writes all of his songs (with the exception of his remake of George Strait's "Don't Blame it on Mexico" - which he did a great cover of. ) He wrote the song for the show (b/c the producers asked him to!!!) with another Austin musician - Haydn Vitera, who is one of his best friends.

  5. #155
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3484071;
    I feel bad his song gets cut off like that as it makes people not like it, when the whole song is much better. I finally got to listen to his music and he is talented. Country isn't the genre I usually listen to, but he's not this one trick pony that TPTB are making out of him. (or is that one line pony...?)

    David is getting the "evil, needs anger management" edit, and Wes is getting the "bad boy there for the wrong reasons" edit. I still have to reserve final judgment to see what occurs on the HTD and if Jake really does try to sabotage it ...and why. Though with David it almost seems they don't need to edit him for him to come off that way.

    As far as for Wes, as boring as Punky said it can be - it'd have been interesting to see some of the interaction in the mansion.

    Actually, the song isn't bad and neither is his voice, but we are tired of hearing the same few lines, and we don't like the idea that he might have come to primarily promote himself.

    In truth he and his song are the target for our snarking.
    It doesn't really matter how good he sings or how good the song is. When somebody puts himself in that position on this show, the snark is going to fly because that is what we enjoy doing.

    However, the fact remains that he genuinely at times looked rather disinterested in Jillian and in what was going on around him, and that has nothing to do with the snarking.

    All that said, it wouldn't particularly surprise me if someday he makes it singing country music.

  6. #156
    FORT Fan ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tavares, FL
    Posts
    361

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3485298;
    In truth he and his song are the target for our snarking.
    It doesn't really matter how good he sings or how good the song is. When somebody puts himself in that position on this show, the snark is going to fly because that is what we enjoy doing.
    And I often participate in lots of the snarking. It's just that I realize that lots of the reasons for our snarking fodder has to do with how things are edited. They've ALL put themselves in position for this show for however TPTB wants to present them.

    David for example. Who in their right mind would want to open themselves up to how he's being presented? I mean, he reminds me of someone as out of control as say Naomi Campbell.

    Ed was coming across well - but in the few things upcoming he's now coming across as rather shallow and immature. Tanner? Don't get me started on the foot thing. Creepy. Tell me I'd have to spend the rest of my life with either Tanner, David or Wes - and I'd pick Wes outta that group.

    I know Reid is popular, but I'm not feeling the Reid-love. He just sort of aimlessly wanders around in my opinion.

    Now Kyptyn. I think he is sexy as all get-go. But he also doesn't come across as someone who belongs on this type of show. I keep getting the "why the double-hockey-sticks am I on here?" feeling from him. He's better one-on-one with Jillian. I just can't put my finger on what is going on with him. Right now, I'd pick him, but that's solely on looks.

    Actually I think right now Wes is actually one of the most straight forward blunt guys on the show. As far as being disinterested in Jillian, I don't see that as much as I see someone on a show with someone he doesn't know well yet and is reserving judgment. After all, how realistic is it to fall in love with someone within a few short episodes?

    I'll make up more of my mind in the upcoming episode(s). We've seen short snippets of he and Jillian talking in Ep 4, but they are interrupted by Tanner and Ed. What will the guys say and do when there is no pre-rose cocktail party? (or rather what will we be shown?)

  7. #157
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3477327;
    I have know Wes for 20 years. We grew up together. We were good friends growing up and we have kept in touch over the years. He is easy going and is very talented. He figured out pretty early on what he wanted to do with his life and country music has been his passion ever since.

    I don't chime in much at all but I wanted to point out something important. He is getting the "everyone hates ...." edit. I am sure the guys got along with him. I am sure that he is just as close with them as other guys from other seasons are, but made to look as though they aren't. If you pay attention, most of the time when the guys are talking bad about him they don't actually mention his name. They say things like..."he's a dbag" or "I just don't think he is here for the right reasons". Those general comments are filmed and inserted about anyone as stock sound bites. They could have shown the guy saying that and flash a video of President Obama for context and people think...oh that's who he is talking about. Oddly enough people would start chatting about how much the guys don't like our president! Funny thing is, those guys were just repeating phrases for the producers so they could use them anytime, anywhere, on anyone. Other times, the guy was talking about someone else, but didn't use the guys name. Producers love that because then they can use it anywhere for anyone and just add something else for context. It's all about editing. Every now and then a guy will use someone's name in a comment. However, just as often, those guys are just giving sound bites because they know that will get aired. To illustrate the point, this entire paragraph you thought I was talking about Wes, merely because the preceding paragraph was about him. But, I didn't mention his name once (in this paragraph) so you were lead to believe I was. Editing and context directs your attention and controls your perception. Really is quite amazing what they can do! Or at least, how they can make things appear.

    Knowing Wes they way I do, I can offer some insight. He speaks his mind. You won't find him running around behind the other guys whispering about them. He is direct. Honest. Loyal. And one of the funniest people I know. Girls find him very charming because he is a southern guy with manners but he also is quick to just be himself around anyone. There is no pretense about him.

    So what if he brought his guitar on the show. They search for guys with talents to go on the show. The better the talent, the more they try to make the guys look like they are hating on him or that they are there for the wrong reasons. In the end, I find it interesting that people who support Jillian (or any "star" of the show) and then turn around and say that some guy went on the show for the wrong reason, don't see the inherent contradiction. On the one hand you say this girl is so amazing and so great, but then on the other hand you turn around and say that the guy couldn't possibly like her and must be there for the wrong reasons because he has something going on! Huh? If you like someone so much, don't you want them to be with someone who has the charisma and passion to be successfull in something they love?

    It's the guys who go on the show claiming to be a pro in something and then give it up to become something else that I would be more concerned about (if I wanted to bother with giving anyone a hard time at all, which I don't). I think you will see that Wes continues with his passion with country music like he has for many years now.



    That's nice of you to defend your friend.

    However--this is not about a certain kind of "edit."


    The reactions to Wes are based on two things--

    1)Lack of any chemistry with Jilli.

    2) That stinky song which he keeps singing (we know it's multiple different "performances" because he is wearing different clothes and it's in different settings) for which he seems to have stolen other music and has only written the first line.

    No edit can make either of those situations any worse than they really are.


    I have a family member who is a singer/song writer/musician-performer and he works very hard composing MULTIPLE different songs.

    He does not go around just singing the same--incomplete--song all the time.


    Can't fool real musicians or people who really know them.

  8. #158
    FORT Fan ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tavares, FL
    Posts
    361

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3485401;
    The reactions to Wes are based on two things--

    1)Lack of any chemistry with Jilli.

    2) That stinky song which he keeps singing (we know it's multiple different "performances" because he is wearing different clothes and it's in different settings) for which he seems to have stolen other music and has only written the first line.

    No edit can make either of those situations any worse than they really are.


    I have a family member who is a singer/song writer/musician-performer and he works very hard composing MULTIPLE different songs.

    He does not go around just singing the same--incomplete--song all the time.

    Can't fool real musicians or people who really know them.
    Where are you getting this? Wes can only sing what TPTB put on the screen. (hence why several of us have commented on hearing the whole song). He's definitely a real musician and has done multiple songs off the show. It is about the edit.

    As for chemistry - I don't see any chemistry with some of the others either. The thing is, the instant physical thing bothers me. Yeah, it's true there are those people you meet that you'd just like to "do" right away - but for real relationships? It takes time. And who knows WHAT things were aren't being shown? That goes for everyone on the show.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3480313;
    All I can say is thank you for the mute button. I have not listened to his stupid song since the very first time. I do not like his voice, his lyrics, or his looks. I would not buy anything he wrote or sang. Ugh, do you get the impression he is not my favorite bachelor?


    Know that you ar far from the only person who feels this way.

    Every time they let him start singing again--and because such moments are the opposite of any actual info--I wonder if Wes isn't tptb's "punishment" for FORTers for getting so much spoiling right.

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3485410;
    Where are you getting this? Wes can only sing what TPTB put on the screen. (hence why several of us have commented on hearing the whole song). He's definitely a real musician and has done multiple songs off the show. It is about the edit.

    As for chemistry - I don't see any chemistry with some of the others either. The thing is, the instant physical thing bothers me. Yeah, it's true there are those people you meet that you'd just like to "do" right away - but for real relationships? It takes time. And who knows WHAT things were aren't being shown? That goes for everyone on the show.


    Sorry but based on my knowing real musicians with talent and from hearing the portions of "That song" I can say categorically that Wes is NOT a real musician and that the song stinks.

    My IMO based on my knowledge of musicians and performers and on what my ears have had to suffer while watching the show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.