Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3482366;
    Um, I think he's Jeremy, so yeah, he knows them...
    I agree. I think it's been pretty well established that Punky is Jeremy, or at the very least, legitimately a guy from Dee's season. It's great that he posts here because he offers really great insights on the inner workings of the show, edit, etc..
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3482552;
    P.S. On the spoiler-front, he goes home after HTD ... and will play a major role in one of the "major surprises" in store for normal viewers. DO tell us what it is PunkyB. We read that big long post ... you could at least give us some crumbs of scoopage! ( :
    Well this "spoiled" viewer knows that Jake shows up during Wes's hometown date to rat Wes out as having a girlfriend. Then slimey Wes retaliates by throwing Jake under the bus by saying Jake's only there because he wants to be the next bachelor.

IMO both are paid actors.

So I doubt Punky can speak up to defend them.

I am one of those previous Wes skeptics, but I am keeping an open minded approach now. I just listened to the full song on his myspace page along with several others, and he is amazing!!!

I have never been one to really enjoy Country, but after listening to the recorded version I have to say his voice is great, and I would love to attend one of his concerts! I really enjoyed all of his songs! I think it is hysterical that I am now enjoying his music so much! Yes, the fuller version of "It Don't Take That Long" (Jillian's song) is very good, and TPTB have done a hatchet job on his singing performance (for whatever reason). I am glad that he gets a HTD and hope that he get's a chance to sing for real there.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'd done a very lengthy post on why I felt I needed to keep an open mind towards Wes. I do feel it's editing. However, since apparently we aren't allowed to discuss here - I won't go into it again here. Maybe on the non-spoiler Wes thread.

BTW, I've D/L his CD, but haven't listened to it yet.

As far as spoilers and discussion, it does appear he gets a HTD, so at least he'll be there that long and it'll give us a chance to balance editing with other indications.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3482513;
    This is sort of spoilerish in that I'm going to tie some of the pieces together for Wes' story. Jillian was raised in one of the prairie Provinces and has said she attended the Calgary Stampede every year. She has also stated she loves country music and production went so far as to dress Jake in formal cowboy wear in order to two-step at a Martina McBride concert. The girl loves country. Why do you think they did a "Western" soap opera as the large date in week 3? She has called herself a polished hick because she now lives and works in the big city, but the hick shines through.

Wes is country with the accent, the guitar and the country voice. I can see that he put stars in her eyes from their first 1:1 during the first cocktail party. He treats her with respect, if a little familiarity now that they have spent "house" time together, but he has been allowed to state in his edit that he is there for the girl. His edit (outside what Jillian thinks of him) is showing us a struggling singer using the show as a showcase for his singing and song writing. I, too, would like to hear more than one line of his song, but that is not to be...because that would take away from his user edit.

It would have been fun and insightful to see and hear Wes and Reid jamming in the bunk house on their guitars, but that wasn't a part of either of their stories...so once again they only showed him singing the first line of his song. I guess the edit has been a hit with viewers because he has become the bad guy...he even wore black on the movie set. I wish him well in his endeavor and hope he does find that niche in the country market he is looking for.
    I agree that TPTB are giving Wes the worst possible edit, particularly by purposely cutting off his singing at the exact same point to make the viewers sick of what might actually be a decent song. He is lucky that David is an a**hole of unmitigated proportions who will take the title of "most despised bachelor" away from him, with or without editing. If, as speculated, he has been promised a "final 4" (this season final 5) spot, I'm not surprised that he was selected to be shown as "the bad one", as someone always has to be, so he can implode right before it's too late, so our fair bachelorette doesn't get her heart broken and we can all cheer his exit. Especially if the others left at that point are Ed, Kip, Reid and Jesse, who are all getting nice guy edits.

I feel bad his song gets cut off like that as it makes people not like it, when the whole song is much better. I finally got to listen to his music and he is talented. Country isn't the genre I usually listen to, but he's not this one trick pony that TPTB are making out of him. (or is that one line pony...?)

David is getting the "evil, needs anger management" edit, and Wes is getting the "bad boy there for the wrong reasons" edit. I still have to reserve final judgment to see what occurs on the HTD and if Jake really does try to sabotage it ...and why. Though with David it almost seems they don't need to edit him for him to come off that way.

As far as for Wes, as boring as Punky said it can be - it'd have been interesting to see some of the interaction in the mansion.

Where is the proof or SC that show Jake coming into Wes's HTD? And where do we get that Jillian finds out that he has a girlfriend? Is this speculation or does it have some basis in fact? It's still not clear, is it, if there are four or five HTD's? I assume this has to happen after the train segment?

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3482337;
    Punky is pretty well known in these parts and I would bet the house and a lot more that not only does he know Wes and Jason but a whole lot of others from the franchise.
    Yup, Kasha, I'll include my house in that bet too! I respect punkybachelor and believe him. I must admit I have been turned off at Wes and his song. But I will try to remember what punckybachelor has wisely reminded us of, and that being that the producers dictate to a great extent what happens on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3484603;
    Yup, Kasha, I'll include my house in that bet too! I respect punkybachelor and believe him. I must admit I have been turned off at Wes and his song. But I will try to remember what punckybachelor has wisely reminded us of, and that being that the producers dictate to a great extent what happens on this show.
    I agree with that. But in addition to several guys questioning Wes's motivations we've had Jillian herself say she believes Wes went on the Bachelorette to further his music career in the interview on Tvguide.com. That's not mutually exclusive with her believing Wes also got interested in her and I'd guess she believed he was since she kept him around for a while (unless she had no choice). But in the Tvguide.com interview it also seemed like she was saying Wes needs to figure some stuff out. I say 'seemed' because there was a cut after she said Wes was absolutely there to advance his music career and after that cut she used the pronoun "he" and we can't be sure who she was talking about.

If nothing else it further supports the screencaps that Wes is not the F1. I don't see how Jillian would publicly say Wes has ulterior motives if she felt that those motives were all good. I know we could say that Jillian's being coached in these interviews too and she's just going along with the storyline by throwing Wes under the bus. But my personal opinion is that she's being sincere because she sounds sure, like she has a factual basis for saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3484629;
    I agree with that. But in addition to several guys questioning Wes's motivations we've had Jillian herself say she believes Wes went on the Bachelorette to further his music career in the interview on Tvguide.com. That's not mutually exclusive with her believing Wes also got interested in her and I'd guess she believed he was since she kept him around for a while (unless she had no choice). But in the Tvguide.com interview it also seemed like she was saying Wes needs to figure some stuff out. I say 'seemed' because there was a cut after she said Wes was absolutely there to advance his music career and after that cut she used the pronoun "he" and we can't be sure who she was talking about.

If nothing else it further supports the screencaps that Wes is not the F1. I don't see how Jillian would publicly say Wes has ulterior motives if she felt that those motives were all good. I know we could say that Jillian's being coached in these interviews too and she's just going along with the storyline by throwing Wes under the bus. But my personal opinion is that she's being sincere because she sounds sure, like she has a factual basis for saying it.
    Yes, I agree with you..there is no way with that interview that Wes is the F1.My gut feeling about him was that he didn't come off very sincere on the show, and I pray we do not have to hear that song again. But based upon what punckybachelor said, maybe we will hear in a post exit interview from Wes the truth of what happened..or maybe not if Fleiss threatens him.