Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

Re: Wes **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3480043;
    Hurry, start hummin g the theme from Mission Impossible. I'll help you..

DUM DUM dumdum dum dum dumdum dum dum. Now breathe...in....out......in... .out. We can get through this together. We're only got 4 more episodes ing til Wes leaves. I don't think it will be as bad, (except for his HTD), because Wes was releasing his new song today, so TPTB have done their job...at least for now.
    I have never been so excited to see someone go home as I am for Wes to get rejected...Take that back...I HATED Erica from PLo's season.I was thrilled when she was sent packing.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

All I can say is thank you for the mute button. I have not listened to his stupid song since the very first time. I do not like his voice, his lyrics, or his looks. I would not buy anything he wrote or sang. Ugh, do you get the impression he is not my favorite bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3480313;
    All I can say is thank you for the mute button. I have not listened to his stupid song since the very first time. I do not like his voice, his lyrics, or his looks. I would not buy anything he wrote or sang. Ugh, do you get the impression he is not my favorite bachelor?

I cannot imagine having to listen to that song over and over -- they rest of the bachelors must be ready to smash that guitar!
    I support pet adoption!

Premium Member

Hey guys, let's please take this conversation to Wes' thread in the regular Bachelorette forum, and keep this thread for actual spoilers. Thanks!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3477327;
    I have know Wes for 20 years. We grew up together. We were good friends growing up and we have kept in touch over the years. He is easy going and is very talented. He figured out pretty early on what he wanted to do with his life and country music has been his passion ever since.

I don't chime in much at all but I wanted to point out something important. He is getting the "everyone hates ...." edit. I am sure the guys got along with him. I am sure that he is just as close with them as other guys from other seasons are, but made to look as though they aren't. If you pay attention, most of the time when the guys are talking bad about him they don't actually mention his name. They say things like..."he's a dbag" or "I just don't think he is here for the right reasons". Those general comments are filmed and inserted about anyone as stock sound bites. They could have shown the guy saying that and flash a video of President Obama for context and people think...oh that's who he is talking about. Oddly enough people would start chatting about how much the guys don't like our president! Funny thing is, those guys were just repeating phrases for the producers so they could use them anytime, anywhere, on anyone. Other times, the guy was talking about someone else, but didn't use the guys name. Producers love that because then they can use it anywhere for anyone and just add something else for context. It's all about editing. Every now and then a guy will use someone's name in a comment. However, just as often, those guys are just giving sound bites because they know that will get aired. To illustrate the point, this entire paragraph you thought I was talking about Wes, merely because the preceding paragraph was about him. But, I didn't mention his name once (in this paragraph) so you were lead to believe I was. Editing and context directs your attention and controls your perception. Really is quite amazing what they can do! Or at least, how they can make things appear.

Knowing Wes they way I do, I can offer some insight. He speaks his mind. You won't find him running around behind the other guys whispering about them. He is direct. Honest. Loyal. And one of the funniest people I know. Girls find him very charming because he is a southern guy with manners but he also is quick to just be himself around anyone. There is no pretense about him.

So what if he brought his guitar on the show. They search for guys with talents to go on the show. The better the talent, the more they try to make the guys look like they are hating on him or that they are there for the wrong reasons. In the end, I find it interesting that people who support Jillian (or any "star" of the show) and then turn around and say that some guy went on the show for the wrong reason, don't see the inherent contradiction. On the one hand you say this girl is so amazing and so great, but then on the other hand you turn around and say that the guy couldn't possibly like her and must be there for the wrong reasons because he has something going on! Huh? If you like someone so much, don't you want them to be with someone who has the charisma and passion to be successfull in something they love?

It's the guys who go on the show claiming to be a pro in something and then give it up to become something else that I would be more concerned about (if I wanted to bother with giving anyone a hard time at all, which I don't). I think you will see that Wes continues with his passion with country music like he has for many years now.
    I clicked on to read all punky's posts and she/he claimed to be friends with Jason too. I find it hard to believe that you have known Wes for 20 years and know Jason when they are from completely different states.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_PEACH;3482247;
    I clicked on to read all punky's posts and she/he claimed to be friends with Jason too. I find it hard to believe that you have known Wes for 20 years and know Jason when they are from completely different states.
    Punky is pretty well known in these parts and I would bet the house and a lot more that not only does he know Wes and Jason but a whole lot of others from the franchise.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_PEACH;3482247;
    Um, I think he's Jeremy, so yeah, he knows them...

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This is sort of spoilerish in that I'm going to tie some of the pieces together for Wes' story. Jillian was raised in one of the prairie Provinces and has said she attended the Calgary Stampede every year. She has also stated she loves country music and production went so far as to dress Jake in formal cowboy wear in order to two-step at a Martina McBride concert. The girl loves country. Why do you think they did a "Western" soap opera as the large date in week 3? She has called herself a polished hick because she now lives and works in the big city, but the hick shines through.

Wes is country with the accent, the guitar and the country voice. I can see that he put stars in her eyes from their first 1:1 during the first cocktail party. He treats her with respect, if a little familiarity now that they have spent "house" time together, but he has been allowed to state in his edit that he is there for the girl. His edit (outside what Jillian thinks of him) is showing us a struggling singer using the show as a showcase for his singing and song writing. I, too, would like to hear more than one line of his song, but that is not to be...because that would take away from his user edit.

It would have been fun and insightful to see and hear Wes and Reid jamming in the bunk house on their guitars, but that wasn't a part of either of their stories...so once again they only showed him singing the first line of his song. I guess the edit has been a hit with viewers because he has become the bad guy...he even wore black on the movie set. I wish him well in his endeavor and hope he does find that niche in the country market he is looking for.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wes's negative traits are so exaggerated beyond her obvious affection/attraction, that I am quite certain that in real life the guy is far more honest and appealing. He seems to be slotted by the showrunners to play the part of a Bad Guy there for Wrong Reasons, in order to "test" the heroine's judgment and ability to pick a suitable mate for herself. The John Wayne script ... like Jason's GH script no doubt is a spoof on the Producer's plans for the season. Right down to Bromance and Gay Cowboys.

In any event, the portrayal of Wes as there for the wrong reasons, tunelessly singing/strumming the same 2-bar hook to his Lame song about Jillian is a cartoon at this point. No one can seriously think Jillian is that blind, or he's that duplicitous.

The whole Wes thing strikes me as a planned character conflict to support a major theme of the series: Will Jillian figure out who is here for the "right reasons" and choose well for herself? They are editing him to be talentless, for that I feel badly for him, I suppose. He has achieved enough success in music (one of the most competitive businesses in the universe) that I am sure he is more talented than he is portrayed as being.

There, how's that for being fair-minded. ( :

P.S. On the spoiler-front, he goes home after HTD ... and will play a major role in one of the "major surprises" in store for normal viewers. DO tell us what it is PunkyB. We read that big long post ... you could at least give us some crumbs of scoopage! ( :

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3482552;
    Wes's negative traits are so exaggerated beyond her obvious affection/attraction, that I am quite certain that in real life the guy is far more honest and appealing. He seems to be slotted by the showrunners to play the part of a Bad Guy there for Wrong Reasons, in order to "test" the heroine's judgment and ability to pick a suitable mate for herself. The John Wayne script ... like Jason's GH script no doubt is a spoof on the Producer's plans for the season. Right down to Bromance and Gay Cowboys.

In any event, the portrayal of Wes as there for the wrong reasons, tunelessly singing/strumming the same 2-bar hook to his Lame song about Jillian is a cartoon at this point. No one can seriously think Jillian is that blind, or he's that duplicitous.

The whole Wes thing strikes me as a planned character conflict to support a major theme of the series: Will Jillian figure out who is here for the "right reasons" and choose well for herself? They are editing him to be talentless, for that I feel badly for him, I suppose. He has achieved enough success in music (one of the most competitive businesses in the universe) that I am sure he is more talented than he is portrayed as being.

There, how's that for being fair-minded. ( :

P.S. On the spoiler-front, he goes home after HTD ... and will play a major role in one of the "major surprises" in store for normal viewers. DO tell us what it is PunkyB. We read that big long post ... you could at least give us some crumbs of scoopage! ( :

Normal viewers? NORMAL viewers? This show has those? LOL, jlccaz!!
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook