Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 576

Thread: Wes **Spoilers**

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3473977;
    I cracked up reading this on the heels if re-reading Pride and Prejudice.... quote Elizabeth Bennet when asked if Mr. Darcy was engaged to Miss Bingley "I THINK NOT.... NO MAN COULD BE IN LOVE AND LOOK SO BORED".... I know it's a stretch, but in over 200 years a lot hasn't changed...it's so ironic !! Can't believe this Wes hoped to fool anyone
    Exactly. It's mind boggling to me that the show actually thinks we want to see this man when there are way more any fans of Kip, Reid and other guys. They must think the audience is that stupid?

  2. #92
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    It works great for everyone. ABC gets a bad boy who they can skewer for his ulterior motives. Wes gets his name bantied about nationally. He has no clue about how ABC will portray him, only that he gets exposure with no responsibility because he will be let go or will leave himself before things get serious.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  3. #93
    FORT Newbie PunkyBachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3468408;
    He says the lines she wants to hear. He knows she likes country music so he's going to continue to remind her that he just happens to be a country singer. He's going to fight hard to stay because it will mean more airtime for him (just hope we don't have to hear him sing every other time we turn around). tptb will want him around because he's going to stir things up - the guys don't seem to like him at all (was surprised when Ed said something negative about him because from what we've seen of Ed he seems to be very quiet).
    I have know Wes for 20 years. We grew up together. We were good friends growing up and we have kept in touch over the years. He is easy going and is very talented. He figured out pretty early on what he wanted to do with his life and country music has been his passion ever since.

    I don't chime in much at all but I wanted to point out something important. He is getting the "everyone hates ...." edit. I am sure the guys got along with him. I am sure that he is just as close with them as other guys from other seasons are, but made to look as though they aren't. If you pay attention, most of the time when the guys are talking bad about him they don't actually mention his name. They say things like..."he's a dbag" or "I just don't think he is here for the right reasons". Those general comments are filmed and inserted about anyone as stock sound bites. They could have shown the guy saying that and flash a video of President Obama for context and people think...oh that's who he is talking about. Oddly enough people would start chatting about how much the guys don't like our president! Funny thing is, those guys were just repeating phrases for the producers so they could use them anytime, anywhere, on anyone. Other times, the guy was talking about someone else, but didn't use the guys name. Producers love that because then they can use it anywhere for anyone and just add something else for context. It's all about editing. Every now and then a guy will use someone's name in a comment. However, just as often, those guys are just giving sound bites because they know that will get aired. To illustrate the point, this entire paragraph you thought I was talking about Wes, merely because the preceding paragraph was about him. But, I didn't mention his name once (in this paragraph) so you were lead to believe I was. Editing and context directs your attention and controls your perception. Really is quite amazing what they can do! Or at least, how they can make things appear.

    Knowing Wes they way I do, I can offer some insight. He speaks his mind. You won't find him running around behind the other guys whispering about them. He is direct. Honest. Loyal. And one of the funniest people I know. Girls find him very charming because he is a southern guy with manners but he also is quick to just be himself around anyone. There is no pretense about him.

    So what if he brought his guitar on the show. They search for guys with talents to go on the show. The better the talent, the more they try to make the guys look like they are hating on him or that they are there for the wrong reasons. In the end, I find it interesting that people who support Jillian (or any "star" of the show) and then turn around and say that some guy went on the show for the wrong reason, don't see the inherent contradiction. On the one hand you say this girl is so amazing and so great, but then on the other hand you turn around and say that the guy couldn't possibly like her and must be there for the wrong reasons because he has something going on! Huh? If you like someone so much, don't you want them to be with someone who has the charisma and passion to be successfull in something they love?

    It's the guys who go on the show claiming to be a pro in something and then give it up to become something else that I would be more concerned about (if I wanted to bother with giving anyone a hard time at all, which I don't). I think you will see that Wes continues with his passion with country music like he has for many years now.

  4. #94
    FORT Fanatic valley54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lost in Space
    Posts
    556

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Thank you for coming on, I think is very admirable of you to defend Wes, I would do no less for any friend of mine. I have no doubt Wes is a very good guy, but can you answer the question I think that is on everyone's mind? Did Wes come on the show for Jillian with the possibility of a permanent relationship? Thank you in advance.

  5. #95
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    40

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    i am not a fan of wes but let's be fair here - everyone has his or her own agenda to do this show. even Jillian herself did not come on The Bachelor with the pure intention of finding 'the one'. she admitted in the et interview that it was good exposure for her company and herself (yes, she mentioned her company first) and had doubts about falling in love, even though she ended up doing that with jason.

    it's easy for us to get lost in the viewing process but let's remember that this is nothing but entertainment which puts on the facade of being a 'reality' show. let's just have fun with sleuthering and following the dating process, but really stop with the personal attacks and cyberstalking.

  6. #96
    FORT Newbie PunkyBachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    28

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3477386;
    Thank you for coming on, I think is very admirable of you to defend Wes, I would do no less for any friend of mine. I have no doubt Wes is a very good guy, but can you answer the question I think that is on everyone's mind? Did Wes come on the show for Jillian with the possibility of a permanent relationship? Thank you in advance.
    I can't speak for Wes, but he may have had the same thoughts in mind that many guys did when we went on the show. If there is a possibility that a relationshipship could come out of it, but there is a guarantee that you will meet some awesome people and have an experience that you will never forget, why not do the show? You know there are going to be 25+/- other guys on the show many of whom will have their act together and be a "good catch". The few that think they are god's gift to women and could walk on water (if they wanted to) almost always get kicked off the first night so you are left with a pretty normal mix of guys who don't "expect" to end up with the girl. Of those, you have a few who really hope they do and a few others who are still trying to see if something can spark up. To say a guy is or isn't into Jillian at this point is silly because some of the guys have gotten to spend 10 miutes tops with her so far (by the second rose ceremony). Some guys can really like a girl just by looking at her or spending a few minutes, other guys may need much more time. I'll leave it to you guys to determine which is more shallow or realistic. Having said that, I respect a guy on this show who doesn't act like he is into someone before he has gotten to know them in his own way to find out if he actually is.

  7. #97
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    279

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBachelor;3477327;
    I don't chime in much at all but I wanted to point out something important. He is getting the "everyone hates ...." edit. I am sure the guys got along with him. I am sure that he is just as close with them as other guys from other seasons are, but made to look as though they aren't. If you pay attention, most of the time when the guys are talking bad about him they don't actually mention his name. They say things like..."he's a dbag" or "I just don't think he is here for the right reasons". Those general comments are filmed and inserted about anyone as stock sound bites. They could have shown the guy saying that and flash a video of President Obama for context and people think...oh that's who he is talking about. Oddly enough people would start chatting about how much the guys don't like our president! Funny thing is, those guys were just repeating phrases for the producers so they could use them anytime, anywhere, on anyone. Other times, the guy was talking about someone else, but didn't use the guys name. Producers love that because then they can use it anywhere for anyone and just add something else for context. It's all about editing. Every now and then a guy will use someone's name in a comment. However, just as often, those guys are just giving sound bites because they know that will get aired. To illustrate the point, this entire paragraph you thought I was talking about Wes, merely because the preceding paragraph was about him. But, I didn't mention his name once (in this paragraph) so you were lead to believe I was. Editing and context directs your attention and controls your perception. Really is quite amazing what they can do! Or at least, how they can make things appear.
    To play devil's advocate, at least two of the guys, Ed and Reid, directly mentioned Wes by name in personal interviews. Both were negative comments, with Ed saying that any connection between Wes and Jillian was fabricated and Reid questioning his motives for being there.

    Sad that I paid that much attention to this show, but there it is.

    I also read an online article (not a message board) about Wes, questioning whether reports of a three-year girlfriend were true.

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,007

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3477434;
    To play devil's advocate, at least two of the guys, Ed and Reid, directly mentioned Wes by name in personal interviews. Both were negative comments, with Ed saying that any connection between Wes and Jillian was fabricated and Reid questioning his motives for being there.

    Sad that I paid that much attention to this show, but there it is.

    I also read an online article (not a message board) about Wes, questioning whether reports of a three-year girlfriend were true.
    The question that is being skirted around is: Did Wes come on the show for the adventure ( and possibility of maybe finding somebody), or did Wes come on the show in order to promote his upcoming CD?

    What is ruffling the feathers of the fans is the possiblity that Wes's intentions are to professionaly promote Wes.
    In addition, while guys may cut him slack if he has a girlfriend at home, the majority of women viewers see that as cheating and are going to give him down the road - all the way back to 'deep in the heart of Texas' if that is proven to be the case.
    Men come from Mars, and in cases like that maybe they should just stay there.

  9. #99
    FORT Fanatic valley54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lost in Space
    Posts
    556

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3477489;
    The question that is being skirted around is: Did Wes come on the show for the adventure ( and possibility of maybe finding somebody), or did Wes come on the show in order to promote his upcoming CD?

    What is ruffling the feathers of the fans is the possiblity that Wes's intentions are to professionaly promote Wes.
    In addition, while guys may cut him slack if he has a girlfriend at home, the majority of women viewers see that as cheating and are going to give him down the road - all the way back to 'deep in the heart of Texas' if that is proven to be the case.
    Men come from Mars, and in cases like that maybe they should just stay there.
    Exactly, I guess I am just to gullible and want to believe since it is the premise of the show. I would hope that at least most of the guys would be there for the bachelorette. We get Fleissed every year and it's getting worse. When trying to match suitors, Fleiss could care less, it's all about the ratings and he could careless whos heart or reputation he hurts. Maybe if Fleiss could realize that everybody does love a happy ending and stop casting the show for ratings and start casting for the contestant, there could actually be some successes and ratings could even get better.

  10. #100
    FORT Fan Nanamary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Georgia Coastal Area
    Posts
    375

    Re: Wes **Spoilers**

    I agree totally with you Bloomers. Men, for the most part, do not ever seem to mind "boys" with girlfriends flirting and "going after" other women. They even give the impression that they think that is good or the normal thing for men to do. Women, on the other hand, almost always think less of women that would do that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.