Thread: Reid **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: Reid **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3529997;
    Remember Jesse telling Jillian he was supposed to go to Italy to wine country for six months but decided to cancel bec' she was b'ette. He obviously watched the show before and they named Jillian after Molly went to Jason and Melissa went to DWTS? For all we know he may have signed the contract earlier, we'll never know. The guy is honest no matter what the question. I'll go for it over a smooth talking lying dude anyday.
    Mark called Jesse "a smooth operator" and something about this is the guy you girlfriend cheats on you with...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3530115;
    But i got the impression that the list - both their lists in fact- had more to do with the physical characteristics of the person. Tall and dark or blonde. That's the list that is thrown out the window for both of them. What hasn't changed for Jillian, from her expectations going in to what she talks to after coming out of this whole ordeal, is wanting her best friend, someone who will love her not just in this moment but forever.
    Does that sound like Ed? Forget about loving her forever, he couldn't even stick with it for 8 straight weeks and left with the work excuse. As Trista put it, he made his priorities clear by his actions, his choice of picking job over Jillian. One could get another job if he is good at what he does and IT jobs are one of the few jobs market where there still great demand. The point is he chose work over Jillian.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3530127;
    Does that sound like Ed? Forget about loving her forever, he couldn't even stick with it for 8 straight weeks and left with the work excuse. As Trista put it, he made his priorities clear by his actions, his choice of picking job over Jillian. One could get another job if he is good at what he does and IT jobs are one of the few jobs market where there still great demand. The point is he chose work over Jillian.
    I agree with that.If he really liked Jillian and could see a future with her then he would have taken the risk and stayed.The job market may be unpredictable right now but IT jobs are still in great demand.I agreed totally with Trista about him making his priorites clear when he chose the job over Jillian.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3530094;
    What do guys think of the part in the previews when she's in the balcony the morning of the FRC and she says she woke up that morning thinking she was going to be engaged and she knew exactly to whom (all in VO), and as she's saying this they're playing the feel good music they always play in the finale and at the same time they are showing Ed's hands holding the ring. If you watch it, it was a feel good moment, it didn't feel like let me fool you moment by showing you the wrong guys' hands.

Also, when she talks about the guy she let go coming back to propose, the image they show is Ed in the shadows coming out the door. I'm thinking, they're trying to make us believe Ed is the one who comes back to propose, which doesn't bode well for Reid.
    In the most recent preview they were trying to foreshadow that Ed comes back, as in to the show. The majority of the viewing audience is still unaware that he will return.

The ring shot transposed with Jillian saying she will be engaged did not stand out to me at all. We see ring shots every season, sometimes they are ring shots in which the ring is held by a guy from a previous season, and I do not believe that particular cap has been proven to be 100% anyone in particular. Even if it has been shown to be someone from this season it could be any of the remaining guys---either or both of the f2 could propose as could an as yet undetermined guy who was previously dismissed. We don't know that yet---the preview just wants to keep the entire audience guessing.

I guess I am just majorly jaded, because every moment on this show feels like a potentially let me fool you moment, particularly the parts where they are previewing what's to come---the previews very rarely predict what actually winds up coming. All JMO, of course.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3529925;
    Itīs bad imo because he makes it sound like he didnīt go on this show for Jillian and he was a late addition, he knew she was the Bachelorette. He admits there were some back and forth negotiations and he signed the contract last minute. This interview is given after the show, after Jillian picks her F1 and I canīt help but think if that was Reid he would have been a bit more flattering to her and not made the whole thing come off like a business arrangement.
    I don't know about that ~ Reid is an upfront, straightforward man. I think when Jillian asked him, he probably told her the same thing. At least he was one of those coming on the show serious about finding love, and settling down! I don't think she went on The Bachelor because of Jason, it was a fluke and a dare between Jillian and some girlfriends. No difference.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

I agree, Nibbles22. Reid is a straightforward "what you see is what you get" guy. At the time he was negotiating the contract, he hadn't even met Jillian. We also know she distrusts guys who she feels are just saying what they think she wants to hear. If they ended up together, I doubt she would be offended by his honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3529731;
    Not to mention that Fleiss likes to use "recycled" contestants to "redeem" the ones who looked bad for dumping them. Deanna was thrown under the bus to make Brad look better---which worked like a charm since she even said the famous "I have more respect for Brad Womack now...." comment after her season was done. Deanna was ridiculed for choosing her wild card, Jesse, over the "good-guy single dad" single dad, so on his season he had to do one worse and dump his supposed F1 for his F2...which made Deanna look great in comparison. Jillian's edit will undoubtedly redeem Jason in some way. Will she second guess a decision like he supposedly did? They did it set it up for that with her statement early on that she wasn't going to do what Jason did....or will she..... Does she kiss lots of guys and have more overnight dates? Yep----takes away from calling Jason the kissing bandit and lessens the significance of his fooling around with her in the hottub and then letting her go. Is she going to appear to be torn MULTIPLE times during her final many guys---probably---makes Jason's confusion seem like less of a deal, particularly if carries her confusion to or beyond the FRC. Fleiss won't hesitate to throw a primary under the bus for ratings, but for whatever reason he also usually uses them to partially lessen the longterm blow to the character of those who came before them. USUALLY. We'll see what he does this time....
    Great insight Cheeky. I agree with everything your saying. Wonder how it will end for Jillian. If Fleiss makes it really bad, then maybe Bachelorette #6 will get signed.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer8;3529909;
    I think he meant watching her kiss other guys when he said "I got over it"
    This is what I thought it meant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyfine;3529871;

The way Jill has described her final choice reminds me more of Reid than anyone else: best friend, makes her laugh, makes her feel comfortable, treats her like gold...
    I don't remember reading anywhere, where Jillian described her F1. I've only heard her saying " IF" I picked someone. and " Im in a good place right now".
    I heard her mention the above qualities as far as someone who would be her ideal mate. Did I miss something ? if so, please post the interview. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by castina;3529877;
    There were a few things in the interview that someone might not have liked:
    1) He mentions the word contract a lot and basically says that the producers really wanted him on the show so after some negotiating back and forth the contract was finally signed 2 days before filming started.
    2) Too much, imo, talk about how the show has helped his business.
    3) This was is really subtle so Iīm not sure but when talking about watching himself on the show, about how weird it was seeing himself and others kissing Jillian he finishes with "but Iīm over it now". Which I suppose people can interpret two ways. When I say Im over something it means itīs over, Iīm moving on. But I suppose one could argue heīs over the weirdness of seeing that intimacy on TV.

If I had to guess Iīd imagine TPTB were most bothered by #1, he gives the impression through his words that THEY wanted him on the show and he bargained with them until they reached a deal he was happy with. See at that point, two days before filming, he would have known Jillian was the bachelorette so I find it an odd thing to say. I mean why not say you were really interested in her and thought what the hell, give it a shot. Makes me think he isnīt F1.
    I remember Ryan saying " He would never do another Bachelorette show". Many thought it was because he wasen't chosen and would not choose to find love on TV again. And we all know how that turned out. So who knows what Reid is acturally referring to at this point. The contestants are told what to say and not to say in interviews . JMO