Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Mike **Spoilers**

Re: Mike **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3462581;
    I'm waiting until I see a bit more of him. I figure if he runs a baseball camp for kids he must, hopefully, be o.k. Also, the cheesy line, it got him noticed and I get tired of the "you look beautiful" line. (Working with kids means cheesy lines come naturally, it's what the kids like - for Mother's Day my daughter had her kids paint rocks and then paint on them "Mom Rocks" - the kids loved it).
    I'm hoping you are right and I start to like him more, but he just rubbed me the wrong way. i think it is because I know some guys that work with kids hands on and use that to their advantage to score points with the ladies. They know that the cheesy lines can work for them, and they use it to the best of their abilities. It is hard to take someone seriously when you know guys that seem exactly the same. I hope I am wrong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3462731;
    Mike cracks me up with the mankini thing.
    His first impression wasn't the best but Jillian is a different kind of girl, maybe she thought it was cute.

If these two made babies they would have the thickest, darkest, most gorgeous hair ever.
    See I thought drying the feet was a sweet, humble thing to do ( of course there just happened to be a towel handy ), but outside of competition swimmers I am not turned on by men in mankinis, and I definitely don't think I would "borrow" someone elses' I didn't know and put it next to my bare body if I were a guy. What if that guy had an STD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3463013;
    See I thought drying the feet was a sweet, humble thing to do ( of course there just happened to be a towel handy ), but outside of competition swimmers I am not turned on by men in mankinis, and I definitely don't think I would "borrow" someone elses' I didn't know and put it next to my bare body if I were a guy. What if that guy had an STD?
    Have to admit the thought of 'borrowing' someone else's swimsuit is kind of yucky. Hopefully the guy had just gotten there and had it in a bag and not put it on yet - then you gotta hope the guy had washed it after its previous use - even then - too close to borrowing someones underwear for my liking.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

I've found the baseball camp that Mike runs! I'm unclear on if I can link to the site from here- let me know!

In the meantime:

here's an SC's of the website's banner + his photo, and some pics on the website of Mike:
    ETA: I removed it- i dont want to violate rules about posting his website - i'll repost this if I'm allowed to.

From his Bio on the site:
    'Mike Steinberg had an outstanding collegiate baseball career as a starting outfielder for the division 1 Northeastern Huskies in Boston, Massachusetts. He played a key role in helping the Huskies win the America East Conference Championship in 2003 by belting a go ahead home-run in the decisive Championship game, which advanced the Huskies to the NCAA Tournament to play against nationally ranked LSU Tigers down at Alex Box Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. In the NCAA baseball tournament, the Huskies faced off against LSU, Tulane, and UNC Wilmington, and fought hard, but fell short for a bid to the College World Series.

During his fine baseball career, Coach Mike Steinberg was always a flare for the dramatic. In a nail biter vs. Binghamton University, he hit a walk-off game ending home run in the bottom of the 9th inning of a tied game. He also smacked three home-runs in a single game against rival Harvard. Coach Mike also won the All Tournament Team award for his outstanding play in the America East Championship Tournament. In 2004, he and the Northeastern Huskies faced off against the World Champion Boston Red Sox down at their Spring Training Complex in Fort Myers, Florida in front of 10,000 screaming fans. Playing against Manny Ramirez, Johnny Damon, and Jason Varitek was a once in a lifetime experience. Even more amazing was Mike Steinberg entering the record books, as he became the first player ever to face newly acquired Curt Schilling as a Boston Red Sox.

While at Northeastern, Mike always had a passion for video, as he studied film and television production. He has an extensive background working in TV Sports Production which includes jobs with the New York Mets, NBC, MTV, and IMG. He currently runs his own media company based out of New York, All Sports Digital Media.'

One additional photo that my internet search yielded:
    Last edited by GracieJardine; 05-22-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Is there a reason why so many people seem to dislike Mike? Is it just the "you are a great catch" line? Because that hardly seems a fair thing to judge him by when you consider that he is trying to woo the hot dog theory chick. Just saying....

Also, sorry for being behind (no pun intended) but why are people thinking he "borrowed" the mankini? Admittedly I am not keeping up on my reading, but when I saw the clip of him running on the beach I assumed he'd just stripped down to either underwear or bathing suit he was already wearing under his clothes---do we know he borrowed this? And from who did he supposedly borrow it? Just curious.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3465054;
    Is there a reason why so many people seem to dislike Mike? Is it just the "you are a great catch" line? Because that hardly seems a fair thing to judge him by when you consider that he is trying to woo the hot dog theory chick. Just saying....

Also, sorry for being behind (no pun intended) but why are people thinking he "borrowed" the mankini? Admittedly I am not keeping up on my reading, but when I saw the clip of him running on the beach I assumed he'd just stripped down to either underwear or bathing suit he was already wearing under his clothes---do we know he borrowed this? And from who did he supposedly borrow it? Just curious.
    It says in the press release:

One guy is so obsessed with making an impression that he borrows a "mankini" from a total stranger and streaks into the ocean
    Of course they could have made this up, but having that said in the press release leads us to believe he borrowed it.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3465087;
    I like him, cheekychook! The mankini quote came from the ABC spokesperson. Somewhere in the Media Thread is her tease of this week's upcoming episode. It said something like 'one of the bachelors borrows a mankini...yada yada yada."
    I'm trying to like him; but he reminds me too much of some friends I have. The guys that work with the kids and use it to their advantage because women think they aren't sleezy because they work with kids kind of guys. I can't get over it with Mike for some strange reason. Hopefully I'll be able to the next few episodes, especially if he goes all the way. Now that I found out he barrowed a mankini......ick, just ick. I don't even find that funny...it's gross.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3465161;
    It says in the press release:

One guy is so obsessed with making an impression that he borrows a "mankini" from a total stranger and streaks into the ocean

Of course they could have made this up, but having that said in the press release leads us to believe he borrowed it.

Probably borrowed it from Chris or one of the camera crew members....

I don't have a favorite (yet) but like a number of the guys so far and Mike is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitched;3465290;
    Probably borrowed it from Chris or one of the camera crew members....

I don't have a favorite (yet) but like a number of the guys so far and Mike is one of them.
    Yep probably so. LOL They make us think it's from a stranger when it probably is from the producer or Chris..
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

djp

I don't think mike borrowed a mankini from a total stranger, I think like others this was planned for just in case. like where would he go to change into that skimpy little swimsuit? nah, might have been suggested by tptb and mike was brave or foolish enough to go for it.