Page 85 of 178 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3495092;
    Kiptyn seems reserved. He is either uncomfortable in front of the cameras or he is just not into her. While Jillian is “cute”, she is not gorgeous. Let’s not forget – Kip is from Southern California, Land of the Beautiful People. For all we know, she might not even be his type.
    We don't know what his physical type preference is, but he seems to be digging her personality. She seems to surprise him, which he seems to like...the race to the bridge for instance. He also seemed to like cooking with her and snuggling with her. Did you notice that rose took a journey all over the place once it was presented? I think they took it off his shirt so she could snuggle closer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3495106;
    We don't know what his physical type preference is, but he seems to be digging her personality. She seems to surprise him, which he seems to like...the race to the bridge for instance. He also seemed to like cooking with her and snuggling with her. Did you notice that rose took a journey all over the place once it was presented? I think they took it off his shirt so she could snuggle closer.
    When I first read this I thought you had posted "I think they took his shirt off" so she could snuggle closer..I was like holy cow and we missed that! I do think he likes her and as someone said upthread, she's probably not his regular type given that he has the SoCal - surfing thing going on.

Random posts that I see elsewhere on the web all seem to speak to how nice and well intentioned he is as a person. So whether he ends up in love or not, I think he's in it for the right reasons and is trying to find out if they are a match.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3495092;
    Kiptyn seems reserved. He is either uncomfortable in front of the cameras or he is just not into her. While Jillian is “cute”, she is not gorgeous. Let’s not forget – Kip is from Southern California, Land of the Beautiful People. For all we know, she might not even be his type.

We do have our share of not so attractive people here in San Diego!

Bring this over from the Media Thread:

Here is the quote on chub vs. abs

Quote:
    TVG: Were washboard abs a prerequisite?
    JH: [Laughs.] Yeah, right! Actually, I don’t like washboard abs. I like a guy with a little bit of chub.

TVG: Nice! [Looking down at myself.]
    JH: But I can handle the washboard abs, though! Physically, I am more concentrated on somebody’s personality. I want to know that someone has a zest for life and has lots of love to give, gets along with my friends and family … after that, I don’t care what they look like
    'Bachelorette' Jillian Harris | Sympatico / MSN TV Guide

Could this be her teasing Kip, if we think her saying "he was more afraid than me" is a tease, not a put-down to Ed? IF Kip is F2/F3, saying her not liking his abs that much could be pouring salt on the wound. I've noticed that Jillian always says good things about guys she booted off: Juan, Tanner P., and even Wes

However, I am concerned Kip will be put on the back burner for the next few episodes. In the same interview, she said up to ep. 4, her most passionate kiss was with Kip, but more are to come with others. I just hope Kip would not be thrown under the bus!

I find it kinda funny reading some of the other threads, that a lot of people now think it will be a "showdown" between Reid and Ed. It seems like Kip is being written completely off as any kind of competition. I do think he ends up F2, but if there is going to be a bunch of stupid drama at the end, I hope she lets Kip go at F3!

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3495367;

We do have our share of not so attractive people here in San Diego!

Bring this over from the Media Thread:

Here is the quote on chub vs. abs

Quote:
    TVG: Were washboard abs a prerequisite?
    JH: [Laughs.] Yeah, right! Actually, I don’t like washboard abs. I like a guy with a little bit of chub.

TVG: Nice! [Looking down at myself.]
    JH: But I can handle the washboard abs, though! Physically, I am more concentrated on somebody’s personality. I want to know that someone has a zest for life and has lots of love to give, gets along with my friends and family … after that, I don’t care what they look like
    'Bachelorette' Jillian Harris | Sympatico / MSN TV Guide

Could this be her teasing Kip, if we think her saying "he was more afraid than me" is a tease, not a put-down to Ed? IF Kip is F2/F3, saying her not liking his abs that much could be pouring salt on the wound. I've noticed that Jillian always says good things about guys she booted off: Juan, Tanner P., and even Wes

However, I am concerned Kip will be put on the back burner for the next few episodes. In the same interview, she said up to ep. 4, her most passionate kiss was with Kip, but more are to come with others. I just hope Kip would not be thrown under the bus!
    I like the way you think! You could be on to something re: the abs - she has been nice in her treatment of the guys. If you're right, the abs thing was a great red herring to use as it burst my bubble quickly.

Since the upcoming focus is on the drama and weeding out the other guys, my hope is that we'll at least get some "keeping him on the radar" Kip PIs as they've done with Ed and Reid when they weren't the center of attention - just to let us know what he's thinking and feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3495394;
    I find it kinda funny reading some of the other threads, that a lot of people now think it will be a "showdown" between Reid and Ed. It seems like Kip is being written completely off as any kind of competition. I do think he ends up F2, but if there is going to be a bunch of stupid drama at the end, I hope she lets Kip go at F3!
    You know, I think because most of us Kip fans have come to terms that he's probably not F1, sometimes we can be more objective. At times, I just want to say "People, take your blinder off and watch what's really being SHOWN on TV", in a very nice way of course ! It gets difficult to separate "facts" from "speculations" a lot of times, when one person posts "I think" , "I believe", and then next it becomes the absolute truth! Sorry, I've got to get off my soapbox.
    The Reid love is so strong here, and in JU, Ed is the favorite. At least it's good to know among casual viewers, Kip is very much liked.

I hope that Kip is thick skinned as he's being picked on a bit this week. First by Trista in her blog on E! re: kissing and today he's on The Soup where they compare him to a puppy.

If he is being considered for the next Bachelor, I'm sure this kind of press will influence his decision. I'd have to give them a big fat "No" if it was me. If I lost my mind and said yes, they'd have to cough up some mighty big $ for it to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3495477;
    Don't feel bad. I have seen every season of this show and my record is dismal. I've only had three wins (I don't think Jerry counts). Amanda (Alex), Jen (Andrew) and Jennifer (Lorenzo). Some of my most "painful" losts were: Charlie (Trista), Kelly Jo (Bob), Danielle (Andy) and Bettina (Brad). And now, Jake. I don't know why I bother.
    Me too, I will probably need therapy after watch Jake get his heart broke.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

In some fun news, Kiptyn made the Top 40 Sexiest Reality Stars of the 08-09 Season. He came in at #18. Considering his competition, he did well given how little time that he's been on TV. I wonder if his appeal to women would be an issue with Jillian?
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 06-11-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Eliminated bach David Good (in his ABC teleconf this afternoon) picked Kip for Jillian as first choice, because he is short like Jillian. More info about the interview in media thread.