Page 73 of 178 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by HillCntryGrl;3490034;
    IDK..I really like Kip but something feels a little 'off' to me and I can't figure it out yet. He is certainly easy on the eyes! But, I going to be a little reserved for now. Maybe he is not forward enough for her? I don't know what it is and it's driving me crazy!
    And that is his flaw. He told her he's never been the pursuer in relationships and thought twice about coming on the show because he would be acting outside his box. IF he is the F2, he just set himself up to be the next Bachelor. He will be back in his comfort zone and maybe knowing that (through the recruiters) he said yes to doing the Bachelorette. This is all conjecture on my part, but it feels like a piece of the Kiptyn puzzle fell into place.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3490387;
    Just watched their date. So cute, and real!
    Some good things I picked up: he talked about being friends, and romance; being spontaneous, seeing the good side on people: aren't those the qualities she's looking for?
    Also, he seemed to be liked by other guys, they were happy for him to get the date.
    I am impressed that he did not ask for a rose (that shows maturity), and Jillian was giddy and nervous when she was about to give it to him; I think she was really really into him. (That makes me wonder what happened down the road if he's not F1.)
    I am glad not too many kisses were shown, but real conversations.
    The only sad thing is we probably won't see too much of their interaction until HTD.

*Sigh* How can he not be F1 after all the things you so accurately described. I know that the sleuthers have him out by F2 but I'm banking on the fact that the show might not follow previous trends. It just felt right last night. Jillian was giddy and so happy just like she is in her interviews and I'd like to think that Kip has something to do with it! I hope that they will drop the heartbreaker edit as he is clearly not one. He did put in context why he ended his relatioships. When you are either too shy or too proud to do the pursuing, you do actually end up with people that aren't right for you . Anyway, I'm still hoping for a super romantic ending with Kip as Jill's F1
    "I didn't want to do anything fancy today! I just wanted to go shopping, come home, cook dinner and hang out with my man" Jillian

In CH's column on Entertainment Weekly, he says:

Jilli had a thing for Kiptyn since the moment he stepped out of the limo. She told me how gorgeous she thought he was on night one. Their one-on-one date in Vancouver couldn't have gone better in her eyes.
    So, what do you think happens to him now? Obviously, he sticks around and doesn't fade into oblivion, but do you think he'll step up his game and seek her out over the next few episodes? I don't think he can afford to just hang back and see what happens.

Due to the GF thing and the upcoming "he's here to be the next bachelor" thing, she's going to be at a vulnerable point and I think whoever steps up to support and comfort her is going to win her over - more than the romantic 1:1 dates. To me, that's being a friend and confidant when it really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3490809;
    In CH's column on Entertainment Weekly, he says:

So, what do you think happens to him now? Obviously, he sticks around and doesn't fade into oblivion, but do you think he'll step up his game and seek her out over the next few episodes? I don't think he can afford to just hang back and see what happens.

Due to the GF thing and the upcoming "he's here to be the next bachelor" thing, she's going to be at a vulnerable point and I think whoever steps up to support and comfort her is going to win her over - more than the romantic 1:1 dates. To me, that's being a friend and confidant when it really counts.
    Unfortunately, I don't see him "step up" . To me, he seems to be more the "go with the flow" type kind of guy. Plus, he is not used to pursue things.
    From what he said last night, I got the feeling he's probably recruited/asked to be on the show.
    If you read outside of this thread, not many people think their date was all that great They said their kisses were awkward, she seemed uncomfortable, stilted, etc, etc. Chris saying Jillian was attracted to him from the first night is not actually a good thing for Kip. Remember in one of her interviews she pretty much said the one she chose in the end is not the one she would have in day 1.
    OH, I am feeling all sad again, I need a

FORT Regular

I'm not so sure that CH saying that their date "couldn't have gone better in her eyes" would be the best way to sum this up if feelings were evenly matched. Hmmm.... I like Kip but something bugs....I want to light a fire under the guy!

There's no way Kip is into Jillian. She might be falling for him but I don't see him being attracted to her (at least on what we saw on TV).

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3490873;
    There's no way Kip is into Jillian. She might be falling for him but I don't see him being attracted to her (at least on what we saw on TV).
    I have to disagree just the way he touches her and the way he looks at her I think he is really into her I think before he was just a little gaurded but after the date I think they are just so cute like when she was just about to give him the rose and she was all giddy and fumbiling her words and she just put her head on his shoulder and he kissed her head and the way he was cuddling her at the end it was just cuteness all around
    MY Top Picks for Jillian

1.Kiptyn ,Reid,Jake,Micheal

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3490873;
    Yep. Jillian is pursuing and Kip is accommodating her. This is what he said his "flaw" was in past relationships. His edit for this show will be the "full circle" story line. He did this show to come out of the "pursued" role, and become a "pursuer". Problem is, will Jillian back off and allow him to pursue her? I don't think so.

Kip will come out of this as a totally sympathetic character, and having learned something about himself, and all will be good in Kip World.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3490858;
    All I can think is poor guy. He's being torn to shreds about kissing awkward, not knowing how to make conversation, being 'gay' etc. I feel bad for the guy...hopefully he is past this show and moves on quickly. I wish he left sooner than later.
    It's sad to me that he's being picked on. To me, it seems that those criticisms are being leveled because some are trying to make their favorite look better in comparison. If their kisses were bad, then she'd stop wanting them at every turn. She doesn't seem to have a problem with them at all and doesn't really kiss guys that she doesn't want to kiss. I am more bothered by the lack of depth of their conversations, etc.

I read a lot of the real world off-topic boards that have might have a thread or two about the show and people really seem to like him for being a good, real world type of guy along with having the great smile, looks and abs. I find that they offer a good pulse check on what the average viewer is seeing.

I still think he's great and will look forward to my weekly Kip fix even though he's most likely not her ultimate choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3490855;
    Unfortunately, I don't see him "step up" . To me, he seems to be more the "go with the flow" type kind of guy. Plus, he is not used to pursue things.
    From what he said last night, I got the feeling he's probably recruited/asked to be on the show.
    If you read outside of this thread, not many people think their date was all that great They said their kisses were awkward, she seemed uncomfortable, stilted, etc, etc. Chris saying Jillian was attracted to him from the first night is not actually a good thing for Kip. Remember in one of her interviews she pretty much said the one she chose in the end is not the one she would have in day 1.
    OH, I am feeling all sad again, I need a
    I take that with a grain of salt as comments like that usually come from somebody in Reid or Ed's "camp".

I think the doubt with Kip is that he's "too good to be true" to be the F1. Melissa got that edit, and he chose her as F1 (I'm not going near what happened after that as it was a separate issue what transpired after they got back into the real world)

Shayne also got the obvious edit.

I don't think there's a formula that they stick too every year, they switch it up I think depending on how the season goes and what kind of chemistry and footage they have to work with.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club