Page 3 of 178 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3457974;
    If it is Kip that said he is a ketsup guy, it doesn't bother me at all because we either heard her say or read where she said that she had completely abandoned the mustard theory altogether and replaced it with the desire for a guy who could communicate and who had a sense of humor.

What is more bothersome with Kip is the fact that he has been showcased in a pre-season show clip as well as a clip in what ever mag that is where Chris Harrison describes "5 to watch". IMO that is too much emphasis. I can't remember an F1 ever getting both of those exposures, plus an edited 1rst out of the limo, and plus the bachlor (ette) seeks him/her out first.

That makes me think as far as edit goes that Kip might be the F2 slotted to be the next Bachelor - make him so familiar so that when he gets his heart broken, America will already know him, like him, and be ready to embrace him with open arms.
    They've really only done the pre-show videos the past couple seasons, though. And they did one with Melissa last season.

Here is a comparison of Kip's watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3458026;
    They've really only done the pre-show videos the past couple seasons, though. And they did one with Melissa last season.
    Also, it makes sense that Reid and Mike didn't get a pre-show video because they were not introduced until later in the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3458026;
    Yes, but you see, because I focus in on the editing, and with what I know about the editing patterns and what went on last season, I am one of those who leans toward the belief that Molly WAS Jason's desired F1. ( This is separate from the screencaps which of course clearly pointed to Molly being F2) Something happened toward the end (probably called Mike Fleiss) which changed Jason. Only toward the very end did the editing patterns change toward a Melissa ending, then when the RS theory broke and we found out there was going to be a flip-flop, we know that they did some quick re-editing to begin to cast doubt on the Melissa pick.

Yes, Melissa was shown in the pre-clip, but BlondieGal and I found all kinds of trouble with the editing in that season. It was just simply screwed up. ( I don't mean to indicate that Blondie believes the conspiracy theory - only that she and I recognized together the inherent problems with the editing).

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3457949;
    Then again, Kip may have been supposed to be groomed to be the next B, but dang maybe he just fell for Jilly! In relationships, one individual is often the adorer and the other the adoree. We saw this with Trista and Ryan. She did not pick Charlie because she needed to be the one who was adored. Smart girl for recognizing this about herself. I see the same dynamic here. If Jill picks Kip she will be the adorer;if she picks Reid, the adored. It just depends on which role she is more comfortable in.
    ITA.
    I think it's Reid's voice-over saying "I love her more than anything else in the world", and Kip's "she is beautiful, blah blah, and needs to be treated right". Maybe Kip either did not fall madly in love with Jillian, or he's more reserved, not "opening up". In the RC toast, Reid was right next to Jillian, and Kip way in the back. "Will he break my heart?", maybe that's the lingering doubt in her mind. OK, that's my storyline for Kip.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

As of right now, Kip is my favorite to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;3458149;
    As of right now, Kip is my favorite to win it all.
    Mine too! As of now......

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3458093;
    Yes, but you see, because I focus in on the editing, and with what I know about the editing patterns and what went on last season, I am one of those who leans toward the belief that Molly WAS Jason's desired F1. ( This is separate from the screencaps which of course clearly pointed to Molly being F2) Something happened toward the end (probably called Mike Fleiss) which changed Jason. Only toward the very end did the editing patterns change toward a Melissa ending, then when the RS theory broke and we found out there was going to be a flip-flop, we know that they did some quick re-editing to begin to cast doubt on the Melissa pick.

Yes, Melissa was shown in the pre-clip, but BlondieGal and I found all kinds of trouble with the editing in that season. It was just simply screwed up. ( I don't mean to indicate that Blondie believes the conspiracy theory - only that she and I recognized together the inherent problems with the editing).
    But, Bloomers, didn't they show ALL F1 having 1 on 1 time at M&G? Molly had one but not Melissa.
    Will you start an Editing thread? I love reading your insights.
    I don't think we will get too much of Kip in the next episode; the focus is probably on the drama kings and crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3457974;
    If it is Kip that said he is a ketsup guy, it doesn't bother me at all because we either heard her say or read where she said that she had completely abandoned the mustard theory altogether and replaced it with the desire for a guy who could communicate and who had a sense of humor.

What is more bothersome with Kip is the fact that he has been showcased in a pre-season show clip as well as a clip in what ever mag that is where Chris Harrison describes "5 to watch". IMO that is too much emphasis. I can't remember an F1 ever getting both of those exposures, plus an edited 1rst out of the limo, and plus the bachlor (ette) seeks him/her out first.

That makes me think as far as edit goes that Kip might be the F2 slotted to be the next Bachelor - make him so familiar so that when he gets his heart broken, America will already know him, like him, and be ready to embrace him with open arms.
    F2 slotted as next bachelor edit only goes so far. She can still pick him if she loves him the most. Does that make sense? No FRC so editing rules don't apply in the usual way to epi 1. Or -- given time constraints -- to the other 2 LA based dates as the editors will be working off story boarded endings. There is room for spontaneity in attachment and choices, IMO, but also always a back up plan. So I am deluding myself that something "real" happens along the way. Why not. I deserve a break from cynicism! Let's all be starry eyed romantics for a kick. ( :

PS Though it is Kiptyn's thread -- and judging from twitter he is the runaway fan fave -- I don't have a favorite. It's not possible to select without hearing them interact, etc.

What is Kip's last name?