Thread: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

  1. #1181
    Premium Member NYGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;3509818;
    It's only logical that he is in the F3... he surfaced @ the same time as Kip. Plus, don't you think if he was home earlier he would have started marketing his condo's on twitter right away. They are not sequestiering guys this year as far as I can tell, so nothing is holding him back.
    Let me see if I understand. Based on his twitter account, Reid couldn't have decided to take some more time off and relax, he had to have been in Hawaii with Kiptyn and Ed. Okay. Got it!

  2. #1182
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3509879;
    Let me see if I understand. Based on his twitter account, Reid couldn't have decided to take some more time off and relax, he had to have been in Hawaii with Kiptyn and Ed. Okay. Got it!
    It's just not that. It had to do for me with when Jesse came home. He obviously didn't get to Hawaii.

    Now, that Wes is in the mix, it depends on when he got back. Yes, he could be in Hawaii, but I doubt it.

    It's a matter of deduction.

  3. #1183
    Frankly, my dear BritLit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not on the Fence
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3509916;
    It's just not that. It had to do for me with when Jesse came home. He obviously didn't get to Hawaii.

    Now, that Wes is in the mix, it depends on when he got back. Yes, he could be in Hawaii, but I doubt it.

    It's a matter of deduction.
    jlccaz posted that Wes posted a video from his Austin studio on May 22, saying he'd been working in the studio for the last week. That (please please please) pretty well excludes him from Hawaii.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

  4. #1184
    A Swirl of Leaves Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,644

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Back to the "friend" thing from up thread...everyone thinks that Reid is the only one in the "friend" zone, but that is not the case. I place quotation marks around friend because it seems there are different emotional levels of "friend" with Jillian.

    Reid is the playful friend, while Michael is the squealy friend, and Wes is the comforting friend. Where does that leave Kiptyn? On their 1:1 while feeding the pigeons, he had a PI where he mentioned that they had discussed being best friends and that being part of a relationship, so it's not as though he has been excluded from the "friend" zone; he may just have a special and separate category than the others. At that time he said he thought they had the starter blocks of the pieces for this type relationship (paraphrase.)

    During episode 5 she felt better after being with Kiptyn, and it wasn't just from the snogging...she said they had good conversation and he made her feel better; something a "friend" would do. Don't count him out because of the "friend" thing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  5. #1185
    FORT Fogey SDMOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    905

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3509987;
    Back to the "friend" thing from up thread...everyone thinks that Reid is the only one in the "friend" zone, but that is not the case. I place quotation marks around friend because it seems there are different emotional levels of "friend" with Jillian.

    Reid is the playful friend, while Michael is the squealy friend, and Wes is the comforting friend. Where does that leave Kiptyn? On their 1:1 while feeding the pigeons, he had a PI where he mentioned that they had discussed being best friends and that being part of a relationship, so it's not as though he has been excluded from the "friend" zone; he may just have a special and separate category than the others. At that time he said he thought they had the starter blocks of the pieces for this type relationship (paraphrase.)

    During episode 5 she felt better after being with Kiptyn, and it wasn't just from the snogging...she said they had good conversation and he made her feel better; something a "friend" would do. Don't count him out because of the "friend" thing.
    Thank you for pointing that out! I was going to post it and you beat me to it!
    Why can't Kip be her best friend in addition to the chemistry? Listen to Jillian's own word: Kip's funny, he is outdoorsy, he sure can keep up with her, he tells her how he feels, they have a lot in common ...etc. Read Kip's own word in FB: his own parents are best friends in the marriage; don't you think it stands to reason that's what he will be looking for in a relationship too?
    I just love it he uses twitter as journal entries. He sent out "kudos" to parents who send their kids out to play. IF he's the next Bachelor, I am hopeful we will see more of his personalities. (However, I have to admit: I have no ideas who those musicians he recommends are? Anyone knows?)

  6. #1186
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    I personally don't think that Kip is F1, at least I hope NOT........I like him too much to be the F1.....

  7. #1187
    Lovely Lilly! StanleyCupCanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3510028;
    Thank you for pointing that out! I was going to post it and you beat me to it!
    Why can't Kip be her best friend in addition to the chemistry? Listen to Jillian's own word: Kip's funny, he is outdoorsy, he sure can keep up with her, he tells her how he feels, they have a lot in common ...etc. Read Kip's own word in FB: his own parents are best friends in the marriage; don't you think it stands to reason that's what he will be looking for in a relationship too?
    I just love it he uses twitter as journal entries. He sent out "kudos" to parents who send their kids out to play. IF he's the next Bachelor, I am hopeful we will see more of his personalities. (However, I have to admit: I have no ideas who those musicians he recommends are? Anyone knows?)
    We're so on the same page. I keep telling myself that something must change down the line, otherwise, I'm stumped. My only caveat to that is that I wonder if perhaps this is her first chance at having an "It guy" (hot sexy surfer) all to herself and she's just enjoying the moment? Unfortunately, not realizing, that there's a lot more there if she'd allow him to speak. If she is, I can't really fault her for it - it is her journey afterall but it makes me bummed for him!

    His little diary tweets are very revealing. Some of the tweets back from his growing posse, too. It's a fun sideshow to observe.

  8. #1188
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3510171;
    We're so on the same page. I keep telling myself that something must change down the line, otherwise, I'm stumped. My only caveat to that is that I wonder if perhaps this is her first chance at having an "It guy" (hot sexy surfer) all to herself and she's just enjoying the moment? Unfortunately, not realizing, that there's a lot more there if she'd allow him to speak. If she is, I can't really fault her for it - it is her journey afterall but it makes me bummed for him!

    His little diary tweets are very revealing. Some of the tweets back from his growing posse, too. It's a fun sideshow to observe.

    Same here (reg the bolded part). I look at the seasons preview and see her running to him, leaning in to kiss him, jumping into his arms, reaching for him on the zipline etc. and don't see her slowing down in terms of BL towards him.

    There must have been some serious conversations towards the end for her not to pick him (i.e. he probably revealed that he was not at the same place in his life etc).

    I take comfort in the fact that she has repeatedly said (in interviews) that what you see is a love story and a lot of craziness / drama in this season and I choose to believe that in fact we are seeing two totally separate entities i.e. the love story (which I believe is with Kiptyn) and surrounding that - the rest drama (wes, ed and the young boys that are also falling in love with her).

    I'm not getting off the Kiptyn surfboard till she lets him go.

    And to stand on record - I hope he isnt the next Bachelor.

  9. #1189
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    109

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    I just feel like we are getting a love story with Jillian and Kiptyn. We have a lot more to see of them yet, with HTD, Spain and Hawaii and I'm sure we will see their relationship build emotionally along with the physical. Kiptyn seems to be uncomfortable with the cameras around and I'm sure it has to be hard to be open and put yourself out there with a camera capturing every word, but Jillian did say that he had no problem opening up from their 1-1 date. Whenever Jillian speaks of him, from the look on her face you can tell how attracted she is to him and he seems to have many of the qualities she is looking for.

  10. #1190
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Kiptyn **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by pepperpat;3510804;
    I just feel like we are getting a love story with Jillian and Kiptyn. We have a lot more to see of them yet, with HTD, Spain and Hawaii and I'm sure we will see their relationship build emotionally along with the physical. Kiptyn seems to be uncomfortable with the cameras around and I'm sure it has to be hard to be open and put yourself out there with a camera capturing every word, but Jillian did say that he had no problem opening up from their 1-1 date. Whenever Jillian speaks of him, from the look on her face you can tell how attracted she is to him and he seems to have many of the qualities she is looking for.

    Agree. And you can see the change in his face / demeanor when he is around her. Quite different from when he's around the guys.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.