Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Jesse **Spoilers**

Hometown: Carmel Valley, CA

Currently Resides in: Roseville, CA

Re: Jesse **Spoilers**

We think this is Jesse Saunders.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Jesse is another baseball guy. Had to stop playing due to injuries and now works at family winery.

Seems he's the guy making the snow angels with her?

Anyone know him?

A couple of articles on Jesse:

County Bounty by Mark C. Anderson | Page 1 | May 14, 2009 | Monterey County Weekly | Crazy tasty news from the culinary

Carmel native and former CHS Padre baseball star (and a minor leaguer until about a month ago), Jesse Kovacs is half of the strapping sibling duo behind Kovacs Brothers Wine out of Carmel Valley. A bottle might come in handy as Kovacs looks to ferment a little reality-show romance before millions.

Not that he can tell us. “It’s pretty hush hush,” he says. “I brought some wine down, but you’ll have to wait and see if she was able to drink it. I want to tell everyone what happened, but can’t say s***. It’s tough – people are trying to feed me drinks and get me drunk so I’ll talk.” He does say he was armed with what he calls his “heavy hitter,” their inaugural 2005 Monterey County Meritage, which is almost sold out on their website, Kovacs Brothers Wine Home Page. The show starts Monday, May 18.

Former Carmel High pitcher trades in hardball for reality show shot | thecalifornian.com | The Salinas Californian

Former Carmel High pitcher trades in hardball for reality show shot

By GEORGE WATKINS • The Salinas Californian • May 12, 2009

Jesse Kovacs has gone Hollywood.

Kovacs, a dominating pitcher during his four years at Carmel High (Class of 2000), will be on the ABC show "The Bachelorette" starting Monday.

He'll be one of 30 bachelors competing for the attention of Jillian Harris, the girl who will ultimately choose one of the bachelors for a chance at who knows what?

"I can't really talk much about the show," Kovacs said. "It [the show] goes through different stages, and at the end she picks one guy to get married, engaged or further the relationship."

Kovacs, 27, turned down an offer to play baseball in Italy in order to get on the show.

"Everything happened at once," Kovacs said. "I had an offer to play in Italy in November, and right after that I was picked for the show."

At the request of a friend who was a casting director, Kovacs filled out the application and landed the gig.

Being on national television has its advantages, but baseball has always been the big stage for Kovacs.

As a high school freshman Kovacs not only went 7-0, but was the winning pitcher for Carmel in the Central Coast Section Division-II championship game.

He was the Mission Trail Athletic League MVP and The Salinas Californian's Player of the Year as a junior when he went 10-2 with a 2.34 earned run average while striking out 103 in 77 innings.

He was co-MVP his senior season.

His four-year varsity pitching record was 32-5.

Kovacs attended the University of the Pacific on a scholarship, where he was used mostly as a shortstop. He tied for the team lead in hits his junior year with 61. He was drafted in the 31st round by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 2004 Major League Draft.

For the past three-and-a-half years, Kovacs played shortstop for the Chico Outlaws of the professional independent Golden Baseball League.

These days Kovacs and his brother own and operate a winery in Carmel Valley called Kovacs Brothers. The wine can be found at several restaurants, stores and wine bars.

"I guess I'm officially retired from baseball," Kovacs said.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingInCircles;3459110;
    A couple of articles on Jesse:

County Bounty by Mark C. Anderson | Page 1 | May 14, 2009 | Monterey County Weekly | Crazy tasty news from the culinary

Carmel native and former CHS Padre baseball star (and a minor leaguer until about a month ago), Jesse Kovacs is half of the strapping sibling duo behind Kovacs Brothers Wine out of Carmel Valley. A bottle might come in handy as Kovacs looks to ferment a little reality-show romance before millions.

Not that he can tell us. “It’s pretty hush hush,” he says. “I brought some wine down, but you’ll have to wait and see if she was able to drink it. I want to tell everyone what happened, but can’t say s***. It’s tough – people are trying to feed me drinks and get me drunk so I’ll talk.” He does say he was armed with what he calls his “heavy hitter,” their inaugural 2005 Monterey County Meritage, which is almost sold out on their website, Kovacs Brothers Wine Home Page. The show starts Monday, May 18.

So if he's talking, he isn't in the F2, and most likely not in the F3 either.
    I wonder when the date of this interview was..

ETA
    I'm dumb it says in the link it's from May 14.
    So either Jesse went to Spain, then came home, or he didn't go to Spain at all..I don't know dude.

Very interesting. Something about this guy doesn't sit well with me for whatever reason.

Thanks for posting the article Going appreciate it!!

Me either - maybe he was one of the thorns Jillian had to discover that Chris alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3459111;
    So if he's talking, he isn't in the F2, and most likely not in the F3 either.
    I wonder when the date of this interview was..

ETA
    I'm dumb it says in the link it's from May 14.
    So either Jesse went to Spain, then came home, or he didn't go to Spain at all..I don't know dude.
    and he makes it sound like people have been bugging him to find out info, so he has to have been home for at least a few days. Well obviously he for sure doesn't make it to Hawaii anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3461470;
    and he makes it sound like people have been bugging him to find out info, so he has to have been home for at least a few days. Well obviously he for sure doesn't make it to Hawaii anyways.
    lol I think he came home on the 11th, or the day after everybody left Spain. That would leave enough time for people to find out he was home, on the show, and call up for a few questions. What day did the guys names and info come out?

Also, I love that whoever posted that did it so casually when it's possibly a big factor in finding out what day he was home by..Love it.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast