Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904;3469181;
    Oh, hadn't she just asked him about his job and what it's like? I took it to be him saying that was what his job was like...guess I misinterpreted.
    I re-watched that part. It is hard to tell. I reaction upon seeing it last night was that he wasn't describing his job but wanted to find out if she would be into something romantic and spontaneous. But after watching it again today, I can definitely see your interpretation as well since she asked about his job and then he says well I'll put it to you this way, what would you do if you are at work, etc.

I wonder if part of it was edited. But on balance, I will give Jake the benefit of the doubt at this point that he was just talking about romantic, spontaneous stuff to get Jillian's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3469150;
    that's how I interpretted it as well, a romantic/fantasy/spontaneous date.
    whatever he was trying to say, it was total stinky cheese, I'm not liking him!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3469483;
    whatever he was trying to say, it was total stinky cheese, I'm not liking him!
    It was spoon fed to him by TPTB imo.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

For some reason I thought Jake was giving a scenario about what his job was like...I didn't even think that he could just be describing a spontaneous date.

He does seem sweet though, just very eager to kiss Jillian!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3468847;
    Even knowing that Jake could be one of the guys with a girlfriend, I still enjoyed their date. The first kiss was kind of weird, but the other kisses were very nice and flowed with them on the dance floor. They do move well together. They both seem smitten, so if he is playing the role then hand him the Oscar.
    It's funny how we can all see the same thing and have completely different opinions of it.

I thought the first kiss was very endearing. It was spontaneous and showed that he felt an enormous attraction that just couldn't wait.

Haven't you ever been kissed and/or kissed someone else in mid-stream conversation - not because you're weird, but because the desire at that particular moment was more than you could control?

It is after all just a kiss, and it appeared to me that Jillian was not uncomfortable with it at all.

I loved how spontaneous the kiss was between them.It showed that Jake was not afraid to be spontaneous even with the most simplest things in life such as kisses.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3469502;
    I loved how spontaneous the kiss was between them.It showed that Jake was not afraid to be spontaneous even with the most simplest things in life such as kisses.
    I thought it was really awkward - she was in the middle of a sentence and he practically jumped on her - it didn't seem romantic to me - I would have been freaked out

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3469488;
    It was spoon fed to him by TPTB imo.
    doesn't mean he HAD to say it

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

I felt great chemistry between these two on the western date. They seemed very "in synch" and attracted to each other. He's certainly an emotional guy and some of his comments seemed a bit premature, but some men are like that -- love at first sight -- very romantic. If they are feeling it, they don't hold back.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

FORT Newbie

From my dating experience, which I am doing quite a bit of, when a guy attack-kisses you out of nowhere, he is intentionally trying to make you melt (and not because his heart is melting). This kind of guy is too smooth and a HUGE PLAYER! He wants to be wanted and is selfish. They are looking for a conquest. That kiss looked to me like a conquest. He is in it to win it.

Admittedly, he is cute, but so arrogant.

And, just as a sidebar, he seems like a wannabe soapstar to me.