Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3504662;
    I feel so bad for Jake! He's only trying to warn Jillian and it still didn't seem to get into her head.
    I know. I think that Jillian saying she needs to follow her own heart when deciding who to keep is a big indicator that no matter what Jake or anyone else says that she'll do what she feels.

I know Jake will be fine after this blows over though. Unlike with Jeremy and De, I don't feel she's leading Jake on (not of what we've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3504683;
    I know. I think that Jillian saying she needs to follow her own heart when deciding who to keep is a big indicator that no matter what Jake or anyone else says that she'll do what she feels.

I know Jake will be fine after this blows over though. Unlike with Jeremy and De, I don't feel she's leading Jake on (not of what we've seen).

She is definitely NOT leading him on. Deanna totally led Jeremy on throughout the whole process. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3510972;
    She is definitely NOT leading him on. Deanna totally led Jeremy on throughout the whole process. :nono
    Yes, Deanna did and shamelessly. At least Jillian is handling Jake better from what we've seen. I didn't appreciate the conversation where she told him that he's too perfect, but if that's how she felt, then I'm glad she expressed herself. I don't want Jake to change, though. Someone will accept him even for his flaw of being "perfect."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3510995;
    Yes, Deanna did and shamelessly. At least Jillian is handling Jake better from what we've seen. I didn't appreciate the conversation where she told him that he's too perfect, but if that's how she felt, then I'm glad she expressed herself. I don't want Jake to change, though. Someone will accept him even for his flaw of being "perfect."
    Wasn't it Jake who said he'd had problems in his other relationships because he was too perfect. If it was Jillian who said it, Jake certainly didn't disagree with it.

Sounds to me Jake has worked so hard to make himself the perfect, good all-American guy that he's forgotten to develop a personality for himself. He tries a little too hard and that's usually a turn-off for women. I know from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3511246;
    Wasn't it Jake who said he'd had problems in his other relationships because he was too perfect. If it was Jillian who said it, Jake certainly didn't disagree with it.

Sounds to me Jake has worked so hard to make himself the perfect, good all-American guy that he's forgotten to develop a personality for himself. He tries a little too hard and that's usually a turn-off for women. I know from personal experience.
    Yeah Jake said that he's been told that before. I think that is just him though. It's hard to change who you are, and I liked his personality just fine. He sure showed he could goof around a little bit on their date.

The only way she could have "handled" it any better is to let him go before now. She admittted the "not knowing" if he was the "one" for her, granted it may be TPTB keeping him there for drama but you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere.
    It's got to be love.

I believe that when Jillian said that she knew pretty much at the Meet and Greet who the top 4 or 5 guys were - Jake was one of them. I also think that they had a wonderful 1 on 1 date, and she thought that he could be her potential F1. What happened after that is some of the other top guys started to intrigue her more, and Jake kind of got lost in the shuffle. They have not showed anything to us the viewers of any interaction between Jillian and Jake since the second episiode other than him being the one who is going to be her protector. We already know that it is Jake who will eventually ride in on the white horse to try to save her from the evil Wes and will get his heart broken. By the way, I don't think that Wes is as bad as he is being portrayed. Wes is just the other player (a pawn this season in my opinion) in this "good guy versus bad guy" edit that has been the one consistent theme that has run throughout the first 5 episodes of this season.

Jake may very well be a guy with a great sense of humor, with a great personality, but the edit he is getting is not showing that side of him. I think that it is probably a producer driven suggestion that makes him show up in Austin to warn Jillian. I just hope that they did not mislead him like they did Jeremy - making him think that Jillian was having some doubts about her decision to have let him go.

I think the reason that Jake doesn't do anything for me is because of the fact that we haven't seen his personality since the 1/1 date with Jilly.I know it's the editing,but the editing is making him sound super boring and I know he is not that boring.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I like Jake, and there is no such thing as a perfect person. I don't think he's perfect, and I hate that label being put on him just as it was for Jeremy.

If he were to be cast as the next Bachelor I'd be one happy camper. I wish we did get to see more of his personality here, but it's clear Jilly has made deeper connections with others and whatever she and Jake had cooled very quirckly.

I also hate that Jake got the perfect label put on him. No one can ever live up to that. Jeremy was my favorite from Deanna's season, and they ended up using him at the end by encouraging him to go back and talk to Deanna and then edited it to make him look like a stalker. I would have liked to see more of Jake's personality as well. I am sure that there is way more to Jake than we have been shown.

I really like Jake. This next episode is not going to be easy to watch. I just hope that he is doing okay and was able to take some positives away with him from this experience. If nothing else, maybe he will see just how many fans he really had - and kept them with very limited exposure on the show. Good luck to you, Jake. May you find happiness.