Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3499378;
    What do you mean by 1st breakdown? Please don't tell me he has more than one.
    The 2nd one is the one in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3499382;
    The 2nd one is the one in Austin.
    Thanks for the warning! After Jake leaves, it will be the end of the road for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3499416;
    Thanks for the warning! After Jake leaves, it will be the end of the road for me.
    I think a lot of people are going to be heartbroken when Jillian picks Wes over Jake. I even bet that's how it will end...between the 2 of them with her picking Wes.

I don't think Jake leaves in episode 5. I think the on the floor crying jag happens while they are on the train to Banff. Someone pointed out the curved lip of the casing where the Canadian beer bottle sits would be part of a train's fixed furniture. I think Jake is cut in Banff just prior to HomeTowns.

He knows that Wes (oh, the anguish!) gets a hometown and may even say something to Jillian at the RC. She may tell him she thinks she and Wes have a connection and he leaves, but can't let it go. He travels to Austin with or without producer prodding - though he would have to have producer help to know where Jillian was staying.

He doesn't crash Wes' date so much as want to warn Jillian about Wes' intentions. Once again, she disregards his advice and we see him breaking down in the hallway. He thought that here was a girl who liked the good guys, and she has now proved to him that that isn't necessarily so...and he is devastated.

At least that is my theory.

Oh - and Ed is the one to leave during Episode 5 at the Whistler RC. There are too many timing facts...him being seen at home during the train and hometown periods...to be dismissed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3499455;
    I don't think Jake leaves in episode 5. I think the on the floor crying jag happens while they are on the train to Banff. Someone pointed out the curved lip of the casing where the Canadian beer bottle sits would be part of a train's fixed furniture. I think Jake is cut in Banff just prior to HomeTowns.

He knows that Wes (oh, the anguish!) gets a hometown and may even say something to Jillian at the RC. She may tell him she thinks she and Wes have a connection and he leaves, but can't let it go. He travels to Austin with or without producer prodding - though he would have to have producer help to know where Jillian was staying.

He doesn't crash Wes' date so much as want to warn Jillian about Wes' intentions. Once again, she disregards his advice and we see him breaking down in the hallway. He thought that here was a girl who liked the good guys, and she has now proved to him that that isn't necessarily so...and he is devastated.

Oh - and Ed is the one to leave during Episode 5 at the Whistler RC. There are too many timing facts...him being seen at home during the train and hometown periods...to be dismissed.
    Arielflies, I am 100% in agreement with you on this entire post. Jake has made reference to Jillian and the guys, specifically Kiptyn, that he believes she wants a genuinely nice guy. That sets up the whole disillusionment of Jake when she keeps Wes over him. It also sets up Jillians explanations in interviews about people questioning her choices and also her defense of Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3499455;

I too agree with your theory and the timeline. Great explanation and totally viable.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

FORT Newbie

I love Jake so much and am extremely disappointed that ABC havent howed more of their relationship. Last night we didnt even see them together at all, yet he still got a rose so surely they must have talked? Why are they doing this! They must know people are waiting to see the development of this relationship.

Anyway I am thinking that the picture of Jake crying (the one with the beer bottle) is on the train. Maybe the train is an over night thing and Jillian has to cut two in the train?

FORT Newbie

Oh and also just noticed in the trailer at the end of ep 5 part 2, Jake is actually wearing the same shirt as in the picture of him crying!

As a Jake fan, it's been hard to watch him fade more and more into the background. I have no hard feelings toward Jillian though. He's just not the one for her, as perfect as he'd be for anyone.

I also think next week he'll be crying on the train. I guess that will be the beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3504658;
    As a Jake fan, it's been hard to watch him fade more and more into the background. I have no hard feelings toward Jillian though. He's just not the one for her, as perfect as he'd be for anyone.

I also think next week he'll be crying on the train. I guess that will be the beginning of the end.
    I feel so bad for Jake! He's only trying to warn Jillian and it still didn't seem to get into her head.