Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

I really like Jake but I have to agree. He does seem too perfect. I want to see a flaw. Men without flaws scare me because I have a ton of flaws. I'd always feel like once they saw them, they'd be gone. And I say this as someone with high self esteem. Jillian in the love dept doesn't really have a ton. I think that's why she's withdrawing from Jake. Too bad because he's been my favorite overall guy this season. I wouldn't mind him coming back as the new Bachelor. Wasn't there a rumor that Wes inform Jillian that's the only reason Jake is on this? hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3490737;
    It's sad that Jillian thought Jake wasn't being himself. He seems like he's that way all the time to me. I guess she's just not into him. I would like to see him as the next bachelor. And I don't think he's too perfect. I just think he's a good guy. I remember him saying to Kip that it's refreshing to see that Jillian likes the nice guys or something along those lines.
    I don't think she necessarily thought he wasn't being honest. More like she thought he always thought he had to act perfect, say the right thing, behave like a gentleman at all times, etc. etc. to the point where he wasn't able to relax enought with people to just 'be himself'. I think he was raised with well-to-do parents who drilled into him that 'perfection' was expected. I like him and I think Jillian does too but I understand what she was saying. You don't always have to be perfect 100% of the time.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

I hope Jake does leave on his terms next week. After last night, I do feel that he sees "the writing on the wall". I do think he crashes Wes' hometown date like predicted. I think he will come off as the hero, but I believe he deserves it because of how he stood up for her tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tinks;3490782;
    I hope Jake does leave on his terms next week. After last night, I do feel that he sees "the writing on the wall". I do think he crashes Wes' hometown date like predicted. I think he will come off as the hero, but I believe he deserves it because of how he stood up for her tonight.
    very well said.
    If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Quote Originally Posted by tinks;3490782;
    sounds juicy. i haven't read any of this yet...this is shaping up to be the best season EVER. i like jake, too, but i feel she has more of a connection with other guys in the house.

As was commented on in other threads, I think the look of sadness in Jake's face after the "perfect" comment by Jillian suggested that he was mighty "real" and not just acting. He would be getting an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a primetime drama series. My guess: the SC of him crying in black shirt next to the night table is in Episode 5 and he chooses to leave, upsetting Jillian. A bachelor who has (or had) a connection leaving of his own volition; a "first." MF, knowing that many viewers like Jake, convince him to come back in Austin.

I am going to be broken hearted and pissed when Jake leaves or is let go. A lot of single women complain that they can't meet decent, quality guys and when they do, they label them as boring or too conservative. Jillian had better prepare herself for the backlash that it sure to follow Jake's departure.

I will be so sad to see Jake leave too
    IMO, he totally got the "Jeremy's " too perfect edit, sparks early on but fizzled very soon.
    He really seems to be a kind-hearted guy, and I hope he's not too heartbroken over this whole experience and already moved on with his life. Hey, I don't think he will have too much trouble finding his Princess in RL!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3491037;
    I am going to be broken hearted and pissed when Jake leaves or is let go. A lot of single women complain that they can't meet decent, quality guys and when they do, they label them as boring or too conservative. Jillian had better prepare herself for the backlash that it sure to follow Jake's departure.
    I so agree with you. I dated many a Wes' but married a Jake. We spent 19 wonderful years together until he passed away before the age of 50. The old saying, "Only the good die young" couldn't be more truer. I guess it's fair to say I'm a little bitter that there are so many Wes' out there and not enough Jakes'. I have no doubt Jake will find his soul mate, he so deserves it.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3491073;
    I so agree with you. I dated many a Wes' but married a Jake. We spent 19 wonderful years together until he passed away before the age of 50. The old saying, "Only the good die young" couldn't be more truer. I guess it's fair to say I'm a little bitter that there are so many Wes' out there and not enough Jakes'. I have no doubt Jake will find his soul mate, he so deserves it.
    Valley54 I am so sorry for your loss. I am with you 100% on dating the "Wes" and marrying the "Jake". I love my "Jake" and I feel so bad that there is such a thing as "too perfect". I think he's adorable but I was Team Jeremy back in the day too so no surprise I'd find Jake appealing.

I think Jake brings out feelings of inadequacy in Jillian. I think she knows in her heart she'll always question if she's good enough for him. Not me I would pray that he'd rub off on me (figuratively and literally LOL) and maybe I would be a better person because of him. BUT that's just me.
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.