Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3470984;
    Thanks. This makes sense. She saw what you wrote and assumed it was her friend. I guess that carried on, and since Jake is the one with the 2 step date, posters have assumed it must be him that Dakota was talking about. However, as someone else pointed out, Dakota's friend could have been any one of the guys from TX or down south. Dakota didn't come forth with the info of the date but assumed that 2 stepping date fit for her friend.

It could still be Jake that Dakota is talking about, but at this point, Dakota's information leaves me with more questions than answers. There's no smoking gun here.
    The more I ponder Dakota's musings, with emphasis on the fact that the man in question was not interested in Jillian and was on the show for the wrong reasons and Jillian does fall for him (how DID Dakota know that?!) it points more to Wes to me. Having said that, there's still something off about Jake at this point. The 'too much too soon' factor has my warning bell going off.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

^^I have the same question you do regarding that information. Has Dakota posted since the show has aired?

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3473869;
    I agree-he ought to have put his finger on her lips first or something more gentle. He came off as trying to land his plane!
    OK, Y'all! Enough with the Jake bashing. :nono He is going to make some woman a GREAT husband someday. He's just not the best choice for Jill.

I dated a ton of Jakes and they are all great guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I married a Reid and have never been sorry. However, most of my friends married Jakes and are also blissfully happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3473879;
    The more I ponder Dakota's musings, with emphasis on the fact that the man in question was not interested in Jillian and was on the show for the wrong reasons and Jillian does fall for him (how DID Dakota know that?!) it points more to Wes to me. Having said that, there's still something off about Jake at this point. The 'too much too soon' factor has my warning bell going off.
    To me it most likely points to Wes being the one not interested, after all he was in the hot tub with Brian during the pool party. Since Wes got a HTD, I wonder if he was getting worried that Jillian might pick him. If she did and he dumped her, that would be bad for his career.

In regard to the "too much too soon" thing---I don't think that's really there as much as they made it look like it was. I was scanning the episode last night looking for a quote and I rewatched their 1-1 date. Yes, he seems sweet, polite and a little eager, but there was nothing that he said that was anything beyond being open to the possibility of getting serious with Jillian---and that's how I would hope the guys would feel about the bachelorette, because if they don't they shouldn't be there. JMO
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3474480;
    In regard to the "too much too soon" thing---I don't think that's really there as much as they made it look like it was. I was scanning the episode last night looking for a quote and I rewatched their 1-1 date. Yes, he seems sweet, polite and a little eager, but there was nothing that he said that was anything beyond being open to the possibility of getting serious with Jillian---and that's how I would hope the guys would feel about the bachelorette, because if they don't they shouldn't be there. JMO
    Excellent point, Cheeky!

I think she was talking about Wes now myself.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3474818;
    I think she was talking about Wes now myself.
    Yep. Jake was not coming on nearly as strongly as Wes with the who music man routine.

FORT Fogey

"I dated a ton of Jakes and they are all great guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I married a Reid and have never been sorry. However, most of my friends married Jakes and are also blissfully happy. "

Just curious: how do you distinguish the two? Both seem your typical nice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3474846;
    "I dated a ton of Jakes and they are all great guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I married a Reid and have never been sorry. However, most of my friends married Jakes and are also blissfully happy. "

Just curious: how do you distinguish the two? Both seem your typical nice guys.
    Oh...sorry about that.

Jake - Typical well bred middle/upper middle class Southern guy aka Southern Gentleman

Reid - Well bred, northern gentleman.