Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3470717;
    Hey y'all hate to burst the Jake bubble, but he is one of Fleece's plants playing the role of the romantic guy. He is acting the part well but is coming on way too fast and way too strong. He is appearing needy and ought to get kicked to the curb. He will get either a conscience later on or it will turn out he actually likes Jilly, and he crashes Wes' date to tell her the dog has a gf. Or it's both. Mark my words...
    ITA. Jake burst the Jake bubble for me. Not a great actor, imo, and I do think he was acting. That date scene had "This is a Mike Fleiss production" written all over it.

To give a real Jake and not an actor Jake the benefit of the doubt, TPTB convinced him that there was more of a context/history to their "relationship" than just a few words and a pair of pilot's wings exchanged at a cocktail party. They do love to egg on the love-stricken, but I don't think that Jake seemed to fall into that gullible malleable category of favorite Fleiss character types. Something about his words rang very hollow (read: scripted) to me. He all but said "we make beautiful music together" when they were dancing to Martina.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;3472420;
    We don't even kicker dance the same way in San Antonio, Houston, Austin, and Dallas. My mind boggles at the thought of a Canadian version.
    We don't do it in TN the same way y'all do it in various parts of Texas, either. I'll have to ask my sister about the Canadian version.

Alot of people are talking about Jake having alot of money being an airline pilot, but he's a regional airline pilot (small planes) and their older Captains max out at about $50,000 a year. We're not talking about a guy that makes big bucks - even though he comes from a family of money - so what's to think he might not be attracted to someone "real" like Jillian? I live about 20 minutes from Jake's neighborhood and trust me, the kind of women out there are after one thing... Bucks & Bling!

Go Reid!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky09;3473591;
    Alot of people are talking about Jake having alot of money being an airline pilot, but he's a regional airline pilot (small planes) and their older Captains max out at about $50,000 a year. We're not talking about a guy that makes big bucks - even though he comes from a family of money - so what's to think he might not be attracted to someone "real" like Jillian? I live about 20 minutes from Jake's neighborhood and trust me, the kind of women out there are after one thing... Bucks & Bling!

Go Reid!!!!!!!
    I don't think he's in the 'big bucks' either.

I really am lost as to what this 'thing that's never happened before' that Chris mentions. I know Jake is involved somehow, but I really can't imagine how or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky09;3473591;

Go Reid!!!!!!!
    His family must be loaded though. His siblings are professionals - lots of college $$. Also, Jake said he took flying lessons at age 16. Those are EXPENSIVE. Anyone know if he's "old money"?

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3470757;
    I agree, and I don't believe he is a plant of Fliess', I don't see any motive, he's an airline pilot, how would it further his career.
    He can now add the B'ette to his acting repertoire...
    (From Twitter)
    teresadf: LOL I know. RT @mjjaaska: Walker Texas Ranger? RT @teresadf: [B]Jake the pilot has an IMDB page [url=http://tinyurl.com/o6548] #bachelorette 3 days ago
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470940;

Jilly may be after him for the money or the looks.
    I'm not getting that vibe- she has her own.
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3473133;
    ITA. Jake burst the Jake bubble for me. Not a great actor, imo, and I do think he was acting. That date scene had "This is a Mike Fleiss production" written all over it.

To give a real Jake and not an actor Jake the benefit of the doubt, TPTB convinced him that there was more of a context/history to their "relationship" than just a few words and a pair of pilot's wings exchanged at a cocktail party. They do love to egg on the love-stricken, but I don't think that Jake seemed to fall into that gullible malleable category of favorite Fleiss character types. Something about his words rang very hollow (read: scripted) to me. He all but said "we make beautiful music together" when they were dancing to Martina.
    Totally agree. The whole 'hypothetical' segment of flying to Belgium for waffles seem scripted for me and the coming right out and asking her if she would marry out of the experience was, well, just too obvious. No one would actually say those things on a first date! Well, not in my world at any rate! He came off as just too perfect.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Writerinthewind;3473702;
    His family must be loaded though. His siblings are professionals - lots of college $$. Also, Jake said he took flying lessons at age 16. Those are EXPENSIVE. Anyone know if he's "old money"?
    Actually, maybe not. My grown children (3 boys) are all professionals (lawyer, PhD, engineer) and they got their advanced degrees with student loans and grants. So it can be done if the will is there. He did say both of his parents are doctors so I'm sure there is money but it might not be 'old money'. And I'm sure they helped alot along the way. Flying lessons are expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3469514;
    I thought it was really awkward - she was in the middle of a sentence and he practically jumped on her - it didn't seem romantic to me - I would have been freaked out
    I agree-he ought to have put his finger on her lips first or something more gentle. He came off as trying to land his plane!