Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3470947;
    I was the one (and only, I think) who posted that there was a date where they did the 2-step. Dakota, as far as I could tell, made an assumption that it was her "friend" on that activity...perhaps because he's from Texas and loves to 2-step. I have a few good reasons to think she was largely guessing about what was actually happening during filming, which is not to say she wasn't referring to Jake, just that nothing made me think she was in real time touch with contestants or crew.
    Thanks. This makes sense. She saw what you wrote and assumed it was her friend. I guess that carried on, and since Jake is the one with the 2 step date, posters have assumed it must be him that Dakota was talking about. However, as someone else pointed out, Dakota's friend could have been any one of the guys from TX or down south. Dakota didn't come forth with the info of the date but assumed that 2 stepping date fit for her friend.

It could still be Jake that Dakota is talking about, but at this point, Dakota's information leaves me with more questions than answers. There's no smoking gun here.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3470955;
    There are three (?) guys from Texas correct? Any one of those guys would more than likely know how to two-step. Heck, for that matter, any southern guy would more than likely know how to two-step. Two-step is really not that difficult to do unless of course you have absolutely no co-ordination at all and have no rhythm at all. I don't see how that would make it a sure bet that she was talking about Jake.
    There are 6 from Texas, two being gone, those left are Jake, Robby,Sasha, and Wes.

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3470991;
    There are 6 from Texas, two being gone, those left are Jake, Robby,Sasha, and Wes.
    Don't forget Tanner the foot guy. LOL
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3471004;
    Don't forget Tanner the foot guy. LOL
    Oh yea, how could I have forgotten him

Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3470974;
    Congrats and you sound very lucky!

I guess I am just more cynical than you, and while Jake on the surface seems too good to be true, I just have my doubts based on what seems to be neediness in someone who has no reason to be needy, with all he has to offer a woman. I hope I'm wrong and that he is sincere. (Although if he is going to get his heart broken, maybe it would be better if he were "acting" all along.)
    Thanks, Ironcat! I AM very lucky. I wish you the same blessing in your own life.
    Cynical is ok in my book, too, by the way. I'm sorry for the hurt that has resulted in your cynicism.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3470880;
    And further, after one date, how does he know that Jill isn't after him for his money or looks?
    How would Jill know he comes from a moneyed family? Unless he told her himself, which is not usually something a nice guy brags about on a first date.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3471913;
    How would Jill know he comes from a moneyed family? Unless he told her himself, which is not usually something a nice guy brags about on a first date.
    well at the M&G he made a point of saying he comes from a family of doctors, so that doesn't necessarily cry out lower-class

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3470924;
    what that does is make her look bad = Melissa got reamed for her 'inconsistencies' - this is minor, but if it keeps happening Jilly will be pegged a liar as well.
    Maybe she just meant he taught her how to do it properly or better, you know, to improve her technique. As in, he showed her some new moves. That's how I took it.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3472061;
    Maybe she just meant he taught her how to do it properly or better, you know, to improve her technique. As in, he showed her some new moves. That's how I took it.
    We don't even kicker dance the same way in San Antonio, Houston, Austin, and Dallas. My mind boggles at the thought of a Canadian version.