Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3470880;
    I'm not questioning that he could fall for someone who is only "above average", as I described Jill. What seems weird is that he seems to have fallen for her after one date. He just doesn't strike me as the type to get his head turned so quickly for anything less than Angelina Jolie.

And further, after one date, how does he know that Jill isn't after him for his money or looks?
    My husband fell for me before the first date and we've been married almost 8 years. To put it in Bach lingo, 8 AMAZING years.

Jilly may be after him for the money or the looks. She'll have to answer for that herself. I'm just trying to stick up for Jake who seems to be a stand up guy who happens to have money and looks. That's all. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd be defending Jilly just as strongly. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3470824;
    Yeah, about Dakota's posts. She did say that he would go on a 2-step date with her and that 2-stepping was his 'thing'. She also said he wasn't on there for the 'right' reasons. I'm just wondering - if he wasn't home when she was posting (and her posts made it sound as though he wasn't) how did she know about the 2-step date? We've been told time and again that the contestents (for lack of a better word) can't get in touch with the outside world. And yet, she knew and was proven right. To me this brings up a few questions - I'll have to go back and see if I can find out the date of her posts and compare it to the filming timeline
    I was the one (and only, I think) who posted that there was a date where they did the 2-step. Dakota, as far as I could tell, made an assumption that it was her "friend" on that activity...perhaps because he's from Texas and loves to 2-step. I have a few good reasons to think she was largely guessing about what was actually happening during filming, which is not to say she wasn't referring to Jake, just that nothing made me think she was in real time touch with contestants or crew.

Posted earlier questioning how Dakota could possibly know about the 2-stepping date if it was posted prior to Jake's being let go. Went back and she posted on April 4th - this is def. before Jake was eliminated. So, how did she know that - she didn't say 'maybe he'll get to take her 2 stepping that's his thing' She said that he gets a date 2-stepping. So, how did she know, who is she really and if she was 'just Jake's friend' why wouldn't she have come back on lately just to check in, defend him, whatever?
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3403015;
    The Wed April 1 date involved two stepping (dancing).
    I posted that the evening of April 4. She jumped in later.

There are three (?) guys from Texas correct? Any one of those guys would more than likely know how to two-step. Heck, for that matter, any southern guy would more than likely know how to two-step. Two-step is really not that difficult to do unless of course you have absolutely no co-ordination at all and have no rhythm at all. I don't see how that would make it a sure bet that she was talking about Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3470949;
    Posted earlier questioning how Dakota could possibly know about the 2-stepping date if it was posted prior to Jake's being let go. Went back and she posted on April 4th - this is def. before Jake was eliminated. So, how did she know that - she didn't say 'maybe he'll get to take her 2 stepping that's his thing' She said that he gets a date 2-stepping. So, how did she know, who is she really and if she was 'just Jake's friend' why wouldn't she have come back on lately just to check in, defend him, whatever?
    Well, if we buy into the whole thing being scripted and Jake being cast in a role, he may have been told by the producers beforehand that he would be given a date involving two-stepping. Why he would have blabbed the info to a friend, however, I have no idea.

Country music and the accompanying dance styles are very popular in Canada. My sister is a dance teacher and has gone there to teach specialty classes before. Trust me, those Canadian girls can shake it.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3470949;
    This kinda makes me wonder if some of the guys that have been eliminated might be coming on and trying to cause trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470940;
    My husband fell for me before the first date and we've been married almost 8 years. To put it in Bach lingo, 8 AMAZING years.

Jilly may be after him for the money or the looks. She'll have to answer for that herself. I'm just trying to stick up for Jake who seems to be a stand up guy who happens to have money and looks. That's all. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd be defending Jilly just as strongly. :nono
    Congrats and you sound very lucky!

I guess I am just more cynical than you, and while Jake on the surface seems too good to be true, I just have my doubts based on what seems to be neediness in someone who has no reason to be needy, with all he has to offer a woman. I hope I'm wrong and that he is sincere. (Although if he is going to get his heart broken, maybe it would be better if he were "acting" all along.)

The source was very clumsily wrong about the date and timing of the first meet and greet and "elimination" (didn't happen on the day or in the sequence the source said), can't spell "definitely" (NOR CAN 85% OF THE INTERNET, IT APPEARS, BUT THAT'S ANOTHER RANT), said he/she "worked in casting in LA," says there was an April 25 HTD filmed in Texas (which I doubt, but is possible), and that the Friend/Contestant was not home as of April 29, when any of Jake, Wes, or Sasha would have been home by then....although on second thought, I suppose those who had HTDs would have to be in LA area for a rose ceremony on Apr 29 or maybe Apr 30.

In short, some red flags, suggesting this particular Tipper was not a firsthand Tippee of any contestant.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 05-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.