Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake **Spoilers**

Re: Jake **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3470869;
    I just went back and read through Dakota1215's posts. I agree that posters seems to be referring to Jake. The posts raise more questions than they answer though. First off the posts are very early on during filming---the poster can only be speaking to things he/she knew prior to filming, therefore "he's there for the wrong reasons" means he might have agreed to do the show for a "wrong reason", but it in no way precludes him from having developed feelings during filming. Stating that Jillian is "not his type" is also not that valuable---surely we have all fallen for people who are "not our type" before, and probably in less intense situations than one where the "not our type" person was supposed to be our raison d'etre for x-number of weeks while we are secluded from the rest of the world. The whole "he's my friend I don't want to say more/who wouldn't fall for him/he's not there for the right reasons but then none of the guys are" thing just smells funny to me. If Jake is someone the poster truly considers to be a friend then the poster shouldn't have gone out of his/her way to come on a message board and insinuate unflattering things about their friend; not cool. If the poster is a woman who has at some point dated or fallen for the "who wouldn't fall for him, he's perfect" guy then maybe the info regarding his preferences and his reasons is tinged with the flavor of sour grapes. My point is, "scoop" from people who "know" contestants is only as reliable as how well you know the scooper---it's all a matter of the context in which the statements are being made. Even if Jake did get cast to play a part, or did get cast to become a fan favorite and likely contender for the next bachelor, none of that has any guaranteed bearing on what happened with/to him during the filming of the show. He could have fallen for Jillian or he could have really liked her as a person and felt compelled to tell her some of the stuff that was going on that she was blissfully unaware of, or he could have had an attack of conscience for doing something the producers convinced him to do---as far as I can tell we don't know the answers to any of this yet. Just my two cents...
    Cheeky, you are RIGHT ON with this post! And, he didn't teach her the two step. She just said he could do it better than she did, not that she didn't know HOW to two step.

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470865;
    What's not legit about that? So, he could supposedly have any girl he wanted. What if all the girls wanted him because of his money and looks rather than for HIMSELF? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A person can be "average at best" to those around them, but they are beautiful to the one who loves them.
    I'm not questioning that he could fall for someone who is only "above average", as I described Jill. What seems weird is that he seems to have fallen for her after one date. He just doesn't strike me as the type to get his head turned so quickly for anything less than Angelina Jolie.

And further, after one date, how does he know that Jill isn't after him for his money or looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3470875;
    Cheeky, you are RIGHT ON with this post! And, he didn't teach her the two step. She just said he could do it better than she did, not that she didn't know HOW to two step.
    Jillian said that Jake taught her how to two-step on their date. From her blog about this episode:

"I loved dancing with Jake. He taught me how to two-step, and that’s kind of a miracle because I’m so not coordinated. Guys usually won’t dance with me because I will stomp on their toes, but with Jake, I felt really graceful."

eta: her blog is on tvwatch.people.com

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3470887;
    Jillian said that Jake taught her how to two-step on their date. From her blog about this episode:

"I loved dancing with Jake. He taught me how to two-step, and thats kind of a miracle because Im so not coordinated. Guys usually wont dance with me because I will stomp on their toes, but with Jake, I felt really graceful."

eta: her blog is on tvwatch.people.com
    interesting because on the show she did say she could two step.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3470893;
    interesting because on the show she did say she could two step.
    I find that confusing as well because she did say on the show that she could two-step and that she thought she would have to teach Jake how to two-step.

^^maybe someone writes the blog for her??

the inconsistency of something so simple does make you wonder..

If Jake is a plant (and I certainly don't know that he is), it certainly makes sense to "cast" him on the date involving C&W music, two-stepping and taking off his shirt, all things that were probably front and center on his resume as "attributes". Could you imagine someone like Juan or Julian on this date?

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3470869;
    I just went back and read through Dakota1215's posts. I agree that poster seems to be referring to Jake. The posts raise more questions than they answer though. First off the posts are very early on during filming---the poster can only be speaking to things he/she knew prior to filming, therefore "he's there for the wrong reasons" means he might have agreed to do the show for a "wrong reason", but it in no way precludes him from having developed feelings during filming. Stating that Jillian is "not his type" is also not that valuable---surely we have all fallen for people who are "not our type" before, and probably in less intense situations than one where the "not our type" person was supposed to be our raison d'etre for x-number of weeks while we are secluded from the rest of the world. The whole "he's my friend I don't want to say more/who wouldn't fall for him/he's not there for the right reasons but then none of the guys are" thing just smells funny to me. If Jake is someone the poster truly considers to be a friend then the poster shouldn't have gone out of his/her way to come on a message board and insinuate unflattering things about their friend; not cool. If the poster is a woman who has at some point dated or fallen for the "who wouldn't fall for him, he's perfect" guy then maybe the info regarding his preferences and his reasons is tinged with the flavor of sour grapes. My point is, "scoop" from people who "know" contestants is only as reliable as how well you know the scooper---it's all a matter of the context in which the statements are being made. Even if Jake did get cast to play a part, or did get cast to become a fan favorite and likely contender for the next bachelor, none of that has any guaranteed bearing on what happened with/to him during the filming of the show. He could have fallen for Jillian or he could have really liked her as a person and felt compelled to tell her some of the stuff that was going on that she was blissfully unaware of, or he could have had an attack of conscience for doing something the producers convinced him to do---as far as I can tell we don't know the answers to any of this yet. Just my two cents...

very very good post.
    If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail!

Former Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3470914;

I think this is likely the case.

She did mentioned she could 2 step and thought she would have to teach HIM how to dance, but that he blew her away by the fact he already knew how.

She also made reference on the date that she has done "the Calgary Stampede". I am from Calgary, and it's a week long event where everyone two steps and parties from morning to night. Almost every girl who has lived in Calgary can make her way around the dance floor with a basic two step... it's almost a city requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3470914;

what that does is make her look bad = Melissa got reamed for her 'inconsistencies' - this is minor, but if it keeps happening Jilly will be pegged a liar as well.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono